Favorite Wrestler in state to watch?

Who’s the most fun to watch? Not necessarily the best… but most fun to watch 

for me the answer is obvious - Clinton Shepard 

last year tylin Thrine was electric, but I’ve got Shepard by major decision if they were to square off 

Thrine narrowly escaping in some matches this year 

17 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

last year tylin Thrine was electric, but I’ve got Shepard by major decision if they were to square off 

Thrine hasn't even had an offensive point scored on him this year and he just came back from a football injury a quarter way through the season.

7 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Thrine hasn't even had an offensive point scored on him this year and he just came back from a football injury a quarter way through the season.

Fair point. I’m sure he will look a lot better once he’s had some matches under his belt.

13 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

He’s a point scoring machine, so his relatively low scoring matches against quality competition would indicate he’s not close to peak condition. Give the soph sensation another 4-5 weeks in the room and we’ll hopefully have our sights set on him vs. Hockaday under the lights.

6 hours ago, HawkinIndy said:

He’s a point scoring machine, so his relatively low scoring matches against quality competition would indicate he’s not close to peak condition. Give the soph sensation another 4-5 weeks in the room and we’ll hopefully have our sights set on him vs. Hockaday under the lights.

Won’t happen.  

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Won’t happen.  

The disrespect for Thrine seems crazy. Saying it won’t happen like it’s a 100% no chance for him to get under the lights at 132 against Hockaday. Let’s not forget this kid is a special athlete who went unbeaten as a freshman versus a Kid who is wrestling at VTech now who finished his high school career 3, 2, 1, 3 and the 2 was against a 4 Timer. Last year the runner up was considered a lock . That’s what makes this sport great is on any day someone can knock off a so called lock.

21 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

The disrespect for Thrine seems crazy. Saying it won’t happen like it’s a 100% no chance for him to get under the lights at 132 against Hockaday. Let’s not forget this kid is a special athlete who went unbeaten as a freshman versus a Kid who is wrestling at VTech now who finished his high school career 3, 2, 1, 3 and the 2 was against a 4 Timer. Last year the runner up was considered a lock . That’s what makes this sport great is on any day someone can knock off a so called lock.

I didn't say anything about Thrine. I said it won't happen.  Don't be so reactionary. When I say things it's not for likes or clicks.  Maybe I know something you don't know,  No: I do know something you don't know.  

10 hours ago, HawkinIndy said:

Give the soph sensation another 4-5 weeks in the room and we’ll hopefully have our sights set on him vs. Hockaday under the lights.

4 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Won’t happen.  

You just keep telling yourself that you didn't just dis a HS kid. You can hide behind the thought that you are just supporting someone else, but...

6 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

You just keep telling yourself that you didn't just dis a HS kid. You can hide behind the thought that you are just supporting someone else, but...

Maybe he was just saying Thrine and Hockaday won't be wrestling under the lights. There could be a lot of reasons that would not happen that don't have to do with dissing anyone 

7 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

You sound like a kindergartener. I don't have a dog in the fight. But if I did it would be Thrine. I'm very close with a key person in his camp. He helps train one of my proteges. I said it won't happen. If I'm wrong tell me in February.

11 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

I'd say not just one, but favorites to watch and there are several. Gavin jendreas, Jake hockaday, clinton shepherd, wyatt kresja, Jeffrey hueyvart to name a few.  Honestly haven't seen thrine this yr yet, but he would be another one. Last year he wrestled every match like he's down by 10 and kept coming. Always looking to score the next points!

Indiana is blessed as a whole with different styles like LT Hawkins mat wrestling and awareness is next to none (watch LT vs dom brown al smith), will and paul clarks dominance is crazy! 

What a time to enjoy indiana wrestling! 

1 hour ago, Silence Dogood said:

Maybe he was just saying Thrine and Hockaday won't be wrestling under the lights. There could be a lot of reasons that would not happen that don't have to do with dissing anyone 

If someone gives an explanation then I can buy that. But when all a person posts is "Won't Happen", it comes off as disrespectful.

It doesn't matter how he meant it &/or what inside info he has. It only matters how it is taken by others, most importantly how it is perceived by the kid &/or his parents who might be on here.

If you don't understand that, then I can't help you.

These are HS kids we are talking about on this board. It would behoove the adults on here to remember that.

25 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

If someone gives an explanation then I can buy that. But when all a person posts is "Won't Happen", it comes off as disrespectful.

It doesn't matter how he meant it &/or what inside info he has. It only matters how it is taken by others, most importantly how it is perceived by the kid &/or his parents who might be on here.

If you don't understand that, then I can't help you.

These are HS kids we are talking about on this board. It would behoove the adults on here to remember that.

Wah! You are using emotion instead of logic. What do I have to gain by hating on a kid who I just said i was rooting for if it came down to it? If his parents: one of which has an account on here, thinks I'm being disrespectful then so be it. I'd apologize. 3 words. It won't happen.  You are putting your feelings as the basis for your accusation.  How can you know what I meant? You must be a decipherer for the Kremlin. This forum is for opinions. You are telling me I'm being disrespectful: you obviously don't know what it means. I'm allowed to believe this won't happen.

Tyreke Hinton from Ben Davis freshman heavyweight wait till you see this kid wrestle. This kid can make some noise especially when he knows more of what to do. At Marion county and Mooresville tourney throwing seniors around like it’s nothing.

I do not always agree and or see eye to eye with the comments posted by @GenHeavyHandz but man its funny to see how quickly people react to his posts/comments.  People just don't like the guy and that makes for some good msg board reading.