Who’s Out? Bracket Changes?

purdue02

9 hours ago, purdue02 said:

Any bracket changes for semi state?

Per username "Purdueisgood", the second placer from Clinton Central is out of the bracket so McDonald moved into his spot. This is at 182lbs New Castle.

21 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Per username "Purdueisgood", the second placer from Clinton Central is out of the bracket so McDonald moved into his spot. This is at 182lbs New Castle.

That really stinks for Vince McDonald - he is "upgraded" to the #2 placer from Frankfort .... and moves from a bracket of 4 where he was favored (by rankings) to a different bracket of 4 with Aiden Warren in it

2 hours ago, base said:

That really stinks for Vince McDonald - he is "upgraded" to the #2 placer from Frankfort .... and moves from a bracket of 4 where he was favored (by rankings) to a different bracket of 4 with Aiden Warren in it

This is where I sometimes wish the qualified wrestler could decline moving and then the alternate would just move into that next spot up instead.  I figured those wrestlers who actually qualified and have been preparing for a certain bracket all week should get some control over if they want to move spot or not. Obviously it still would give the opponent in the next spot up a sudden change too, but I’d say most on short notice would rather see an alternate (often 4th in sectional due how it’s set) than facing another qualifier on short notice.  

Edited by MattM

Am I missing something or has Track screwed up their New Castle 182 bracket?  For some reason they have Cole Hughes from Shenandoah in the 4 seed against Warren but have him listed being from East Central which should be Sam Ringer. However Ringer injury defaulted to 4th place in regionals.  Is Ringer not wrestling in semi state?

31 minutes ago, rdrodd1 said:

Am I missing something or has Track screwed up their New Castle 182 bracket?  For some reason they have Cole Hughes from Shenandoah in the 4 seed against Warren but have him listed being from East Central which should be Sam Ringer. However Ringer injury defaulted to 4th place in regionals.  Is Ringer not wrestling in semi state?

Ringer is out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.