Jump to content

Mendez vs Frosh Nick Lee


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

How unfortunate was Nick Lee during his HS career. He has to be the best ever Indiana 1x Champ, correct?

I think about this every time I watch a Penn State match & the announcers mention that Lee was a State Champ. Even though they never say anything about it, you can often hear in their tone that they are surprised to see he only won 1 title.

But how fortunate were Indiana HS wrestling fans? I don't have a deep knowledge of the history of IHSAA wrestling, but that sure felt like a golden age to have 3 #1s overlapping in the same weight classes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nick Lee wasn't coached by Brennan Cosgrove, thus Jesse Mendez would tech him in a minute.

his name is backyard champ...probably struts around his house with a cut off, Jorts and a wwe belt, but who am i to judge. I would too if i could beat nick lee, micic, and b lee

And Lavar Ball thinks he can take Michael Jordan.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jayruss said:

I love how we dismiss who Lee’s 2 losses were to. #1 in the country Chad Red and #1 in the country Micic. He pretty much buzzsawed everyone else in his way. Not saying he was better than Mendez his frosh year, but there could be a valid argument made in his favor. 

I love how we dismiss this guy wasn't the best in weight class for 3 years 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BackyardChamp said:

I love how we dismiss this guy wasn't the best in weight class for 3 years 

Wow.  Lee as a senior would have waltzed through the state.  No question about it.

That's almost like saying B. Lee got pinned at semi-state his frosh year to avoid getting beat by Nick.  Or him dropping to 138 to avoid both Nick and Joe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

Senior Watts takes it to senior Early, no question. But I think senior Watts and senior Zack Davis are very, very close.

you must be from jimtown, I have wrestled all 3. Early would smash watts, Davis and early had a close match on controversial call sending Davis to the finals. 

1. Early 

2. Davis

3. Both Gimsons

4. Watts 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MD92 said:

Wow.  Lee as a senior would have waltzed through the state.  No question about it.

That's almost like saying B. Lee got pinned at semi-state his frosh year to avoid getting beat by Nick.  Or him dropping to 138 to avoid both Nick and Joe.

Now that you mention it. Lets call it the Platinum Age of IHSAA. If we expand across weight classes. Mason Parris, Brayton Lee, Joe Lee, Nick Lee, Chad Red, Stevan Micic all overlapping. Wowza. You fans were all very spoiled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate feeding the trolls, but in response to BackyardChamp’s three posts, in order;

1. 2 years, not three. And because he was running into other Indiana all-time greats who had the privilege of being born before him.

2. No.

3. He was ranked #1 in the country his senior year, which he forewent to prepare for college. However, I can name plenty of wrestlers that were “so good” that never ranked first nationally.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MD92 said:

Wow.  Lee as a senior would have waltzed through the state.  No question about it.

That's almost like saying B. Lee got pinned at semi-state his frosh year to avoid getting beat by Nick.  Or him dropping to 138 to avoid both Nick and Joe.

Well brayton actually lost a match, Nick Lee ran to another state and refused to wrestle

 

Edited by BackyardChamp
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MD92 said:

Wow.  Lee as a senior would have waltzed through the state.  No question about it.

That's almost like saying B. Lee got pinned at semi-state his frosh year to avoid getting beat by Nick.  Or him dropping to 138 to avoid both Nick and Joe.

Brayton lee would smash Nick lee, then pin Joe lee directly after his match with nick 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BackyardChamp said:

you must be from jimtown, I have wrestled all 3. Early would smash watts, Davis and early had a close match on controversial call sending Davis to the finals. 

1. Early 

2. Davis

3. Both Gimsons

4. Watts 

So if you’ve wrestled all three, would you mind letting the forum know who you are? Just so we can gauge how you would have fared against Nick Lee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

I hate feeding the trolls, but in response to BackyardChamp’s three posts, in order;

1. 2 years, not three. And because he was running into other Indiana all-time greats who had the privilege of being born before him.

2. No.

3. He was ranked #1 in the country his senior year, which he forewent to prepare for college. However, I can name plenty of wrestlers that were “so good” that never ranked first nationally.

 

who 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BackyardChamp said:

I am, 1st is better than everything else. Lee could only achieve it once 

You think you are, but you may want to spend a little more time with the books. You should start with set theory as you are clearly mixing up the sets. It probably feels like Indiana is bigger than the nation to you, but you may may be surprised to learn that it is actually a subset of the nation. I think that is covered in the first chapter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

So if you’ve wrestled all three, would you mind letting the forum know who you are? Just so we can gauge how you would have fared against Nick Lee.

his name is backyard champ...probably struts around his house with a cut off, Jorts and a wwe belt, but who am i to judge. I would too if i could beat nick lee, micic, and b lee

Edited by brickfor6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.