Boycott Freestyle State

Sig40

It shouldn't have been missed. I didn't have access to Carmel, Chestertown, Warren, or the CIA events and still was able to pinpoint about 30 kids who needed checked. Having it missed whether it was an accident or not is not acceptable when people put the sacrifices they did just to wrestle in the event.

If they let even ONE kid wrestle it tarnishes the whole event. I have 27 kids I can't confidently place at two events, thus the odds are great that someone slipped through the cracks.

It seems completely possible that 27 kids could have participated in 2 out of these 4 events that you did not have access to, therefore earning their two qualifiers.

I placed kids from Carmel, Chesterton, etc at Carmel. I placed CIA kids at CIA. I placed Warren, Pride, and PM kids at Warren. It isn't as possible for a 4th grader from Jeffersonville to go up to Indy during the week or to wrestle at Chesterton or Carmel in a 7th-12th meet. 

Also, it should be known that both the Warren Duals and CIA last chance qualifier were open to the public for a fee. Although, both events were not promoted much, if at all.

By talking to a few people I have a pretty good grasp of who was at CIA. Warren is a little tricky, but again I put most kids that would be in that area at those events. I have about 20 kids that I am unsure of that would have to have gone to CIA, Warren, Chesterton, or Carmel and based on who was at these events they would have had to latch onto a team they are not generally apart of. There is a possibility that all are "legal," but with that many I am confident at least one was not. And yes I checked for misspellings and using proper or nicknames.

Jeffersonville did not have a 4th grader wrestle this weekend. Our kids wrestled at our own tourney, Princeton, Perry, and Franklin as qualifiers.

Not sure where the disconnect is.

So did all of your athletes that were at state go to two local events? Or do you want me to show proof? Every tournament Jeff kids were at was on TrackWrestling so it is VERY easy to keep track.

So did all of your athletes that were at state go to two local events? Or do you want me to show proof? Every tournament Jeff kids were at was on TrackWrestling so it is VERY easy to keep track.

While I understand rules need to be followed and if you're going to have a two tournament qualification it should be enforced but listen to yourself for a minute.  You're almost on a witch hunt by questioning if one 4th grader didn't wrestle at two tournaments.

This is more general but I sort of think we've shifted the focus off of what's best for kids. If people really want to make change the ISWA is a volunteer organization.  Volunteer.  It's so easy to sit back on a forum and call people out and bring up potential solutions.  If you're really focused on what's best for the state of freestyle wrestling in Indiana as well as the kids you should get involved. 

While I understand rules need to be followed and if you're going to have a two tournament qualification it should be enforced but listen to yourself for a minute.  You're almost on a witch hunt by questioning if one 4th grader didn't wrestle at two tournaments.

This is more general but I sort of think we've shifted the focus off of what's best for kids. If people really want to make change the ISWA is a volunteer organization.  Volunteer.  It's so easy to sit back on a forum and call people out and bring up potential solutions.  If you're really focused on what's best for the state of freestyle wrestling in Indiana as well as the kids you should get involved. 

If one kid, just one kid of the 614 that wrestled did NOT participate in two local tournament doesn't that look bad on the organization?  Everyone was told two tournaments or don't come, having a few people slip through the cracks is unacceptable in my book. It's like making everyone make weight, but let a few kids be .1 over.

It was pretty simple to put together a spreadsheet with participants and have a few formulas tell me who has the prerequisites to wrestle. There are a few people I am pretty confident that didn't make two events and still got through.

It seems like the witch hunt is needed to keep the organization accountable.  Allowing 20 plus kids to skirt the rules is NOT what is best for kids.

Officials should not get a pass because they are volunteering.  If the volunteers continue to change, modify, bend, skirt, etc. the rules, perhaps it is time for them to move on to something else.  If there is no one that will follow the rules than maybe the organization has outlived its usefulness.

By talking to a few people I have a pretty good grasp of who was at CIA. Warren is a little tricky, but again I put most kids that would be in that area at those events. I have about 20 kids that I am unsure of that would have to have gone to CIA, Warren, Chesterton, or Carmel and based on who was at these events they would have had to latch onto a team they are not generally apart of. There is a possibility that all are "legal," but with that many I am confident at least one was not. And yes I checked for misspellings and using proper or nicknames.

Yes, i want to see who you are talking about. We didn't have a 4th grader wrestle.

Joe I can only assume we are going to see you and your list of "issues" at the next meeting right ?...... Come on down and spend the afternoon with some of the people that you are upset with who are trying to help out the kids of Indiana Wrestling.

Respond however you wish but as long as you do not make any type of concerted effort to "help" the situation and only try to throw jabs and daggers at people then you are only hurting the situation. 

Please take your valuable time like all the rest of us do and come to a meeting and lay out your grand plan to increase the numbers and help the kids of Indiana better than is currently being attempted. 

I believe someone said it best above and it seems like all you want to do is sit back and just complain and drag people thru the mud without any type of help or assistance being offered. 

So See you on June 26 at 12p sharp sir ????? and if you need help carrying in all of your information gathered just let one of us know and I will come right out to help.

You probably are thinking of our Jr 152 because Princeton is not showing in his profile. However, if you look at the actual bracket you will see that he not only wrestled, but got 1st place.

You are correct;it is VERY easy to track.

Nope, a junior isn't even close to 4th grade...at least I hope not.

Some second year Intermediates are 4th graders, but tell me what two events Little Kauchak wrestled in. I only can find Tell City, nothing at Franklin or Jeffersonville(along with the others) that a potential brother wrestled at.

Joe I can only assume we are going to see you and your list of "issues" at the next meeting right ?...... Come on down and spend the afternoon with some of the people that you are upset with who are trying to help out the kids of Indiana Wrestling.

Respond however you wish but as long as you do not make any type of concerted effort to "help" the situation and only try to throw jabs and daggers at people then you are only hurting the situation. 

Please take your valuable time like all the rest of us do and come to a meeting and lay out your grand plan to increase the numbers and help the kids of Indiana better than is currently being attempted. 

I believe someone said it best above and it seems like all you want to do is sit back and just complain and drag people thru the mud without any type of help or assistance being offered. 

So See you on June 26 at 12p sharp sir ????? and if you need help carrying in all of your information gathered just let one of us know and I will come right out to help.

I've voiced my thoughts to the leaders in an email that was received and responded to. My suggestions and thoughts were not accepted, thus going to a meeting will prove mostly as a waste of a day. 

I've voiced my thoughts to the leaders in an email that was received and responded to. My suggestions and thoughts were not accepted, thus going to a meeting will prove mostly as a waste of a day. 

I can have someone come pick you up if you would like to save some gas money for you ?

I am certain that we could all benefit from having you there in person to convey your gathered thoughts and data so we can get started "fixing" all the problems caused by the ISWA volunteers.

for the record you do a lot of great things for IN kids and Indiana wrestling..............its some of the things you do to tear the ISWA down that are highly questionable as to if they truly have the kids best interest in mind.

I can have someone come pick you up if you would like to save some gas money for you ?

I am certain that we could all benefit from having you there in person to convey your gathered thoughts and data so we can get started "fixing" all the problems caused by the ISWA volunteers.

for the record you do a lot of great things for IN kids and Indiana wrestling..............its some of the things you do to tear the ISWA down that are highly questionable as to if they truly have the kids best interest in mind.

I'd rather not miss my daughter's dance recital. Sorry, but I do have somewhat of a live outside of wrestling.

I'd rather not miss my daughter's dance recital. Sorry, but I do have somewhat of a live outside of wrestling.

Did you want to send Fabio as a personal representative on your behalf ? 

He could certainly carry your message with him and convey all the helpful tips, strategies and advice you may have to help right the ship and I can pick him up very easily.

Again thanks for all you do that is positive, now I got to get back to reading about you blasting the ISWA and going back and for the with MD92 and Grecoref on another post about FS state.

happy that Jeffersonville got in on this!  Yes, there is a conspiracy.  I also know where area 51 is, and who killed JFK.  I try to keep my hand in as many conspiracy's as possible, especially in the world of 4th grade wrestling. 

Back to teaching and coaching and thinking up shady ways to slip elementary girls into tourneys.  It is probably what I am best known for.

have a great debate fellas!

Hey joe, I sent you a text a few hours ago.........  respond if needed so I don't have to read all this on here. 

Edited by dstruck

Team Jeff is always looking for the shady route... I have noticed this in the past too... But sneaking in 4th graders to compete in the state tournament is the ultimate sign of ridiculousness!!!

What's can we expect next team jeff???

Did you want to send Fabio as a personal representative on your behalf ? 

He could certainly carry your message with him and convey all the helpful tips, strategies and advice you may have to help right the ship and I can pick him up very easily.

Again thanks for all you do that is positive, now I got to get back to reading about you blasting the ISWA and going back and for the with MD92 and Grecoref on another post about FS state.

Deflect all you want.  But the facts still seem to support that there are kids competing that are not following the rules.  I, for one, appreciate a watch dog that "tries" to hold folks accountable.  If its too hot for ya, get off the big dog's porch.

Deflect all you want.  But the facts still seem to support that there are kids competing that are not following the rules.  I, for one, appreciate a watch dog that "tries" to hold folks accountable.  If its too hot for ya, get off the big dog's porch.

have Joe or anyone else submit his list of kids that wrestled this last wknd without having two verified qualifiers under their belt and we will talk.  I know for sure based on the results tabulated by the accounting firm of Price Waterhouse that there were no kids wrestling last weekend that did not have the qualifiers met.  anyone..............................................................................

have Joe or anyone else submit his list of kids that wrestled this last wknd without having two verified qualifiers under their belt and we will talk.  I know for sure based on the results tabulated by the accounting firm of Price Waterhouse that there were no kids wrestling last weekend that did not have the qualifiers met.  anyone..............................................................................

Who do I submit it to? I'll gladly show the questionable ones to the right person. 

D struck,

Whoever you are hiding behind this clever screen name. If you have an issue feel free to email me or text me.  This internet attack will not be tolerated from me.  My life is too wrapped around the opinions of others for this to slide!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.