NFHS Rules Survey

ENoblewrestling

Coaches make sure that you take this years survey.  We were "scolded" more or less at the fall clinic for our lack of participation in last years survey.  I just took this years, and there are all sorts of hot-button topics, and even some that I have never heard about, so make sure your voice is heard and take the survey.

I agree with the above statements, fill out the survey.  It's not just a bunch of dumb questions about wording in the rule book.

Normally this survey doesn't address key issues, but this year it is completely on point.  Many questions regarding what I believe a possible trend towards college out of bounds rules.  Also a question regarding singlets (a huge factor hindering growth in our area/schools).  Another great question about eliminating mid dual handshakes with coaches/wrestlers.

Another big one is questioning the weight classes. It asked if finding upper and lower weight wrestlers was a problem in your area. I wish they would have asked about each separately.

The question about forfeits counting as more than pins was intriguing too. It said it was to push the importance of filling rosters.

There was a ton of great message board fodder on the survey this year.

I have them copied and pasted onto a word document.  I thought that they would make for good discussion, but I wasn't sure if posting them would be frowned upon.  Anyone know if these are supposed to be hidden or anything like that?

Totally unrelated...could you clean out your PM mailbox?  :)  I can't send you a message.

Much like the IHSWCA meeting minutes, let's keep everything secret from the fans and parents.

What do you care which deodorant we wear to semi-state?  We wore the same last year and I desperately don't want to be associated with Sam's scent trail.

Totally unrelated...could you clean out your PM mailbox?   :)  I can't send you a message.

Its cleared out, I also emailed you back.

What do you care which deodorant we wear to semi-state?  We wore the same last year and I desperately don't want to be associated with Sam's scent trail.

I'm working on a wrestling room scent.  It would be a top seller.

Live in the danger zone Same...post away!!

highway-to-the-danger-zone.png

I know I feel like a wuss.  Dock would post

If we want to see some change, every coach needs to take the survey.  I thought it covered some hot topics that could make a big difference in our sport.

Playing the edge

Fleeing the mat

Calling stalling if wrestlers go out of bounds (similar to college)

Change of uniform

Forfeits worth more than falls...we FF 2 weights this year and I'm all for this.

Those were the big ones I remember...but I thought it was a good survey that hit on topics that wrestling needs to address!

That's always important...I'm pretty sure wrestlers shake hands more than any other sport.  We shake at the face off, the captains at the center of the mat, before the match, after the match (with the opposing coach as well), and then after the dual.  We shake too much IMO!!

Agreed!

No post Indiv match handshakes in a dual. Only after everyone has wrestled and the dual has been decided.

Does the survey mention anything about handshakes after matches during individual tournaments?  

Will all teams have to meet at the center of the gym after the tournament is over and shake everyone's hand? Because handshake = sportsmanship  :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.