dodging red?

IN.34

• 3 weeks later...

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Alias I understand that there is much to fear when it comes to mr. Red and his winning ways, but I don't think we should worry about those who run from the competition, I admire those young boys that stay at 120 and try to do the seemingly impossible.

But then again there comes a time where you just have a thing called common sense and get the heck out of that weight class, ain't no on touching red

120 is a loaded weight top to bottom if you move up you also have a Fargo champ go up 2 weights you have a returning champ and runner up. I think red is as legit as they get but if your looking for easy state title I'm not sure you will find one

In our opinion it has to be a quest for the opportunity to wrestle CJ. And it is an opportunity. And each match leading up is a stepping stone, and you face someone trying to deny you the opportunity. So you put a chip on your shoulder and keep it there. But fear can not be in the equation. I've most often found that what I thought was fear was actually excitement. Use that excitement to keep you on the edge mentally and physically. JMO

I have seen him wrestle and think he is a great wrestler and was wondering 1. If he has had any High School matches that were close? And 2. I'm wondering if he or his coaches have thought about bumping him up to 132 for the MD Holiday Classic to actually face better competition since the outcome win, lose, or draw could only solidify him as being one of the greats possibly beating either of the other two greats in the Lee's and would be Fargo Champ vs Fargo Champ for all the marbles. I will be there watching either way BUT that alone would be the match of the tournament if not the year if Red vs Nick Lee.

I doubt he will put himself in that situation. It would be hard to go undefeated for 2 years and possibly set yourself up for an unnecessary loss.

i agree on one hand but on the other.......you gotta beat the best to be considered the best (not that he hasn't already beat some of the best)......that would be one hell of a match for sure!

I have seen him wrestle and think he is a great wrestler and was wondering 1. If he has had any High School matches that were close?

I believe he had a number of pretty competitive matches his freshman year.  I think his closest match of all was 6-4 over DJ Smith at the EMD holiday classic that year.  He beat Briggeman of Roncalli 5-1 at regional.  Semi-finals and finals at state that year were 5-2 (over DJ Smith again) and 4-0 (over Pepple).  As far as last year goes, his finals score at state was 6-2 over Glogouski.  There were some interesting moments in some of these matches because Red struggled to turn these guys and they were always within striking distance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.