Best State final matches!

Wrestlingfan182

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maurer had a couple of exciting finals matches. His 145lb match wasn't too shabby either. Eric Kieth vs Donaldson(I believe) was amazing. 1 second left on the clock in sudden death OT on a fresh start. Kieth explodes up and turns to face for the win! Hwt when Wagner got tossed to lose his title!

2012-Petrov and Cambell

2011-Ayersman and Cambell or PM kid that absolutely launched the Roncolli boy (not a great match in terms of wrestling, but the sound it made around Conseco at the time was nuts).

Before that they jumble together.

Fabio,

While the Mauer and Dolly match was a great ending, it was anticlimactic throughout.  No scoring and no real attacks, very similar to Ayersman and Beck in 09 or 10.  Great endings, but snoozers for the first 7 minutes.

2006 130 lb. Semi-Final- Matt Hemry v. Alex Warren

If I remember correctly Hemry was down 5-0 going into the third, got 5 straight takedowns and then got taken down at the very end, final score 14-11.  Warren went on to win, with a controversial call in the finals.

This was a semi-state finals match, but it was too good to pass up. Cameryn Brady (Lowell) beats Franky Porras (Hobart) eventual state champ. Sudden death Brady chooses top. He was unable to hold Porras down in double overtime. He holds Porras down for the 30 seconds craziest match I've ever seen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.