Sliga vs Robinson

overtime

I'm big fans of both and I think it's a shame so much is being wasted on this topic. Neither wrestler has anything to win from this.

Why the focus on Sliga and his shortcomings?  Has Robinson never lost any matches he was't supposed to? If I remember correctly had it not been for Jarred Boehm and Coach Thompson at Heritage Hills, Robinson wouldn't have been a third placer last year.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm big fans of both and I think it's a shame so much is being wasted on this topic. Neither wrestler has anything to win from this.

Why the focus on Sliga and his shortcomings?  Has Robinson never lost any matches he was't supposed to? If I remember correctly had it not been for Jarred Boehm and Coach Thompson at Heritage Hills, Robinson wouldn't have been a third placer last year.

I agree that neither has a thing to gain and I've said it on an earlier post, we'll never know who'd win because they're never going to wrestle. 

As for the second part of your post, because those two gentlemen had class and did the right thing, the better wrestler moved on and won his 3rd place medal.  I don't get the point of this second paragraph at all, he won that match and I'm pretty sure anyone watching that match could see where it was heading after Gelen took him down in the first 20 seconds of that match.  That young man and his coaches are aces in my eyes because they did the right thing and showed true sportsmanship. 

Sorry ttto say Gelens loses don't compare to whp beat sligaSliga lost to Jones Atwood Stevenson.Tthe are on another level theGollegos Kral and whoever else beat Gelen.

It saddens me to proclaim Gelens defeats do not equate to whomever thwarted Sliga. Sliga was trounced by Jones, Atwood, and Stevenson. Those gentleman are vastly superior in comparison to Gallegos, Kral, and whichever other young lad bested our fair Gelen.

Its not exact but im not fluent...can get through a simple conversation though

I don't get half of the attacks on Sliga either but they are being made....

I don't see a lot (if any) Sliga attacks.  I think most give him credit for being an outstanding wrestler.  To say he is not an all time indiana great is not an attack, it is an opinion.

It saddens me to proclaim Gelens defeats do not equate to whomever thwarted Sliga. Sliga was trounced by Jones, Atwood, and Stevenson. Those gentleman are vastly superior in comparison to Gallegos, Kral, and whichever other young lad bested our fair Gelen.

Its not exact but im not fluent...can get through a simple conversation though

Admirable effort

What exactly went down at that match? Never saw it.

I am a Sliga fan, My son wrestled him I think 5 times lost every time. Mitch beat him fair and square, after match befriended him. He is a class act, in his wrestling skills and personality. He is one of the best if not the best take down artists I have seen, in high school or college. Every one looses, a winner pulls up his boot straps and wrestles again. I would of rather wrestle and loose than play basketball. (opps sorry). I have never seen Gelen, but he sounds fantastic by all the posts. Good luck to both.

@benni hanna

What exactly went down at that match? Never saw it.

Gelen was called for an illegal slam, that ended up hurting jarred to where he was unable to wrestle.  Him and his coaches made the noble decision to take an inj def and let gelen advance, knowing he might not be able to compete anymore and that gelen did not forcefully slam him on purpose.  Both Jarred and his coaches came up to gelen and us coaches after the match and shook our hands and said it wouldnt be right to take the fft.  By far the best example of sportsmanship I have ever witnessed and jarred and his coaches deserve the upmost respect..

That was a solid move. It's nice to see some people not trying to scheme their way to the top. I've seen the same thing happen and the kid takes the Forfeit and then sprints up the bleachers to talk to his parents and wrestles the next match. Mr. Boehm does deserve a lot of respect.

Can somone please make this post on a  make believe match go away!

This is the biggest week of the year and this post keeps going to the top of my page.

Let me finish this.  Both of these guys would win the made up match.  It

is made up. So there is no reason they both could not win.

Can somone please make this post on a  make believe match go away!

This is the biggest week of the year and this post keeps going to the top of my page.

Let me finish this.  Both of these guys would win the made up match.  It

is made up. So there is no reason they both could not win.

You could just make believe that this topic does not exist, and stop opening it.

Did anyone watch the Stevenson/Goldman match? I have a feeling no one watched this match. Not a whole lot happened. I don't understand how that this kid is thought of as great when the state title match that year was pretty boring. Some of the qualifiers from that bracket didn't even qualify the next year. Mitch isn't on this whole other level. And earlier someone was comparing a 189 and 215 from years ago. Yes many 189s and 215s wrestled and you pull 1 example from a time when the 215 class may have had a weak year? One example. Fantastic

Do you have a clue of what you speak of, O'Brien was a 3X State Champ and your insinuating he won state as a 3X champ on a weak weight class. Would that have been his sophomore, junior, or his senior year?, lol Get a clue when you make a statement like that benni....

Not insinuating just implying big one. Perhaps it was a weak weight class all three years? I mean the 215 weight class wasn't even added until the mid 90's so the majority of the kids probably just didn't cut the weight to 89 because they would've been beaten. Perhaps O'Brien himself could've made 89. All things that should be taken into consideration. Just as how Gelen can barely make the 222 mark now.

Do you have a clue of what you speak of, O'Brien was a 3X State Champ and your insinuating he won state as a 3X champ on a weak weight class. Would that have been his sophomore, junior, or his senior year?, lol Get a clue when you make a statement like that benni....

I think Nate Moore got 5th 1st and 1st pretty good.I also believe Jackson Bratcher was in that weight and lost to Sliga?

itnot watatall wat i ment whe i say day

[/quote\)

Apparently you have no clue the caliber of wrestler O'Brien was considering he was a 3X state champ, and the only person I think that beat him in those 3 years as a state champ was a 2X state champ ata weight class lower named Nate Moore! To insinuate Jake was mediocre in a weak weight class is insulting to anyone who knows quality wrestlers from when 215lbs was a weight class. I have never heard anyone refer to any of O'Brien's championships were due to a weak weight class, nor poo poo the fact that it was pretty damn impressive that Nate Moore at 189lbs was the best 189lbs and 220lbs in the state in both his and O'Brien's junior and senior year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.