IHSWCA State Team Duals on Dec. 22

We're 10 days away and I'm hearing nothing!  Is this a real event or not???  Is anybody planning on being in attendance?

Here's at least a link with the Teams involved listed:http://www.broadcastsport.net/ZipPages/ZIPCode-Wrestling-TeamState-IHSWCA.aspx.  Currently there is some sample data plugged into the 3A brackets and a couple matches just to show what the actual event data will look like.  After the teams are seeded this Saturday night we will updated the brackets for all 3 classes.

We will have 6 separate crews with LIVE VIDEO throughout the event and will maintain match scores and updated brackets.

You can watch all or any of the 6 broadcasts at once and track the scores all without leaving this page on December 22nd.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that there will be a good attendance at the Dec. 22 event, BUT many people are focused on their competition for this week-end (and rightfully so).  The bracket draws (and their posting) will no doubt create some interest and dialogue surrounding the Team State Duals event.

The brackets have been developed and will be released this week-end.

I have been personally contacted this week by several newspaper reporters who are inquiring about event details and plan to be at the event to cover it.

The IHSWCA will be putting out a special edition of UNITE early next week with its content focused on the event and the teams competing in it.

This is a unique time of the year with holiday tournaments approaching and semester 1 finals week hanging over wrestlers' heads.  People have a lot on their minds with the holidays coming.  I believe the wrestling community will start to follow the event more next week when more information is released and this week-end's competitions are complete.

Coach McCormick

Jimtown will be holding a send-off Pep Rally on Thursday Dec 20th for their team's first-ever appearance in the Wrestling Team State Finals!  www.broadcastsport.net plans on Live Video Webcasting the Pep Rally.

Rumor has it there will be a Smoke Machine and in-door FireWorks!!!  Also many former Jimmie Wrestlers said to be in attendance.

What about the other schools, are you treating this event like a big deal or just another super dual?

Another Rumor talked about someone Live Broadcasting the Seeding Meeting.  Hopefully, everyone can't watch hold their tempers and watch their language!  Or maybe that only happens for events held after Christmas?

Big thanks to broadcast for streaming these duals live!

Wahoo to Jimtown! That's awesome that the school is supporting the wrestling team! Great school spirit! Hopefully more schools embrace there wrestling team like this & congratulate them for making it to the state finals!

I'm glad to see each size of school represented in this 3 class team state tournament! Looking forward to watching these duals

Yes it should be a great event.  I have been flooded with emails from other coaches about this event and how excited they are.  So hopefully that excitement will translate into attendance.  Even though we don't have a team in the hunt I am bringing several of my wrestlers up to watch this event live.

Y2 has agreed to post the finished brackets for me once the blind draw takes place at Jeff Classic on Friday night.  If you want to hear it first and your in the area swing by the event as I will be announcing to the gym the results, after we have the draw in the coaches meeting.

I have recieved the classed rankings and have placed the top four teams into the brackets.  The anticipation grows! 

Did the region get annexed to Illinois?

Merrillville and CP earned berths and turned them down.  LC and Portage were very close to getting in and, though I can't speak for them for sure, seemingly would have accepted bids. 

CP says they have a longstanding tradition of not wrestling over the break--I've never heard a reason from David for declining...maybe you have some insight? :)

Does anyone know the itinerary for the duals? I know wrestling starts at 10:00. How many mats will there be and will it all be in one gym or are they using an auxiliary gym as well. Is it just 4 mats one class at a time or how exactly are they doing it?

8:00am     Weigh-ins (all 24 teams)

10:00am   Round 1 (24 teams on 12 mats)

* 4 mats in main gym and 8 mats in fieldhouse

12:00pm  Round 2 (24 teams on 12 mats)

2:00pm    Round 3 (18 teams on 9 mats wrestling for 3rd - 8th place)

4:00pm - 6:00pm   Awards ceremony for teams placing 3rd - 8th place

6:30pm    Finals -  3 duals (1 per class) wrestling side by side in main gym

8:30pm    Awards ceremony for top 2 teams in each class

* all times are approximate and will depend on how each round flows

* $10 admission

8:00am     Weigh-ins (all 24 teams)

10:00am   Round 1 (24 teams on 12 mats)

* 4 mats in main gym and 8 mats in fieldhouse

12:00pm  Round 2 (24 teams on 12 mats)

2:00pm    Round 3 (18 teams on 9 mats wrestling for 3rd - 8th place)

4:00pm - 6:00pm   Awards ceremony for teams placing 3rd - 8th place

6:30pm    Finals -  3 duals (1 per class) wrestling side by side in main gym

8:30pm    Awards ceremony for top 2 teams in each class

* all times are approximate and will depend on how each round flow

Thank you very much Coach. Good luck to all the teams participating, can't wait.

For those fans attending this weekend:

There will be three doors open at WHS for this event.  Door numbers 8, 13, and 23, will all be open for fans to enter the building.  Door 8 is on the southeast side of the school, door 13 is on the east side of the building, and door 23 is on the north end of Westfield High School.

106: First round matchups

#11 Sage Coy vs. #16 Cael McCormick

#12 Drew Hildebrant vs. Eugene Moody-Nuekom

#4 DJ Smith vs. Caesar Gonzales

106: Possible second round matchups

#12 Drew Hildebrant vs. Brett Johnson

#4 DJ Smith vs. Griffen Schermer

106: Possible Finals Matchup

#4 DJ Smith vs. #12 Drew Hildebrant or Brett Johnson

3A

#10 Joey Mammolenti Penn

#15 Eric Blodgett Elhkart

#16 Brant Larson Cathedral

#2 Vinny Corsaro Cathedral

#5 Jake Stevenson Franklin

#7 Trevor Manspeaker Penn

#9 Keanu Cooper Perry

160#

#2 Luke Kreich Franklin

#5 Mahlon Parkinson EMD

#8 Riley McClurg Perry

#9 Seth Seitzinger Bloomington S

#14 Blake Rypel Cathedral

Previously ranked- Chase Osborn Penn, Nick Vaughn Elkhart

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.