2012 IndianaMat Preview Magazine is HERE!

Y2CJ41

nice mag even though none of my guys got any love...  just kidding.    I also see that Mike Anderson is ranked at 182.  I spoke with a few people from Riley the other day and they said he hurt his knee playing football and will not be wrestling this year.  It sucks becuase he would be fun to watch.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got in and through the process (took a lot of refreshing!!!)

Note: Luke Martinez is no longer wrestling at Luers.  He was recruited by Wayne.  JUST KIDDING!

His older brother made the move from Luers to Wayne his senior year as well.  Luke will be missed in the wrestling room.

I have to say there are several wrestlers that should be ranked over several of the ones listed!  Several FC wrestlers are highly under estimated in the Regional Preview for Jeffersonville!!!  George Emily was a 2x Sectional Champ and Regional runner-up. He also is a 2x Semi-State qualifier. The entire FC team will be a force to reckoned with this year on the mat.  I just think credit needs to be given where credit is due. 

ok.....just like last year......no love for the chargers of elkhart memorial at the start of the season as far as top 20 rankings go......we had to prove ourselves and did just that.......and once again we are being under estimated.......in my opinion, we will have just as strong of a team again......we lost some very good seniors but have good kids stepping right in.......

I have to say there are several wrestlers that should be ranked over several of the ones listed!  Several FC wrestlers are highly under estimated in the Regional Preview for Jeffersonville!!!  George Emily was a 2x Sectional Champ and Regional runner-up. He also is a 2x Semi-State qualifier. The entire FC team will be a force to reckoned with this year on the mat.  I just think credit needs to be given where credit is due. 

As the writer of the Jeffersonville Regional preview, I have plenty of respect for the Highlanders...I always try to catch at least one dual when they come to Calumet and respect the intensity with which they wrestle

ok.....just like last year......no love for the chargers of elkhart memorial at the start of the season as far as top 20 rankings go......we had to prove ourselves and did just that.......and once again we are being under estimated.......in my opinion, we will have just as strong of a team again......we lost some very good seniors but have good kids stepping right in.......

I can't rank a team based on guys I have never seen.... Preseason ranks are about 80% returning wrestlers, amd 20% reputation....

At this point, the mere fact that you have to wrestle anyone near the black hole that is now the FW SS, doesn't bode well forpreseason team rankings....

Yes Awesome job again this year. I can only speak for myself, but i think i speak for all others also, all of your time and efforts are much appreciated. I cannot begin to guess the numerous hours that you and your team put into this every year start to finish. Once again thank you !

Would you like me to print out the whole list of teams who had more than 6 SS quality guys returning? I hate to say because I have been to every one of them since about 1994, but QUALIFYING for the FW SS means nothing really when you compare it to the quality that we have across the state.

All that being said, I look forward to seeing how EKM does this year, and I look forward to moving as many FW SS tams up in rankings as possible.

I second Elkhart Memorial students being overlooked this year. Flickinger, Blodgett, both Vaughns, Kendall, Moody-Neukom, Jenkins, and Johnson all had good seasons last year.

Plus there are a couple new guys to step into the line-up like Chris Morris and Kaleb Summers. Keep an eye on Summers who was JV last year behind Bogle/Roberts. He's pretty good.

I can't rank a team based on guys I have never seen.... Preseason ranks are about 80% returning wrestlers, amd 20% reputation....

At this point, the mere fact that you have to wrestle anyone near the black hole that is now the FW SS, doesn't bode well forpreseason team rankings....

and that's understandable......same as last year, it took us awhile to get noticed......gonna be a great season!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.