Sliga's closest match!!

DemOGuy

I don't think Berry over Sliga would be too much of an upset.. Kourtney lost freshman year in OT in the ticket round to the kid who ended up taking 4th at state, last year he was hurt for sectionals, and this year he has ran through just about everyone except Hurford and Boots. I cant wait to see any match with a combination of Sliga/Berry/Stevenson

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Stevenson beat Sliga. They are both nationally ranked, elite wrestlers and anything can happen with competitors of that stature. I would be surprised if Berry beat either of them, but of course it's possible. If nothing else, these three should make for some great matches in Indianapolis.

I don't think Berry will pin Sliga but I do think it is going to be alot closer than people think and I still think Aaron Stevenson is the Favorite at 189

As real a deal as Sliga is, I have to agree with Stevenson at 189. Berry is a beast! I've seen him twice this year, and I just don't see him having any more than a "punchers chance" to beat either Stevenson or Sliga. Just my opinion.

As Dingo said a few posts back it is possible for anyone to lose.  Ptax at Midlands comes to mind, up 14-0 with 2:30 RT then got a bit sloppy....but more recently here is a video of Logan Storley, TheOpenMats #1 ranked 171 in the NATION.  The info below the video is from a poster at TOM, NDKnowledge.

This match snapped a 196-match winning streak dating back to Storley's 8th grade year. This is Storley's only loss he has ever suffered in High School. He was 251-2 going into the match for his career. He lost once as a 7th grader at 103 pounds to Corey Ulmer from South Border, ND. Ulmer was a returning undefeated state champion at 103 pounds, and was a Mr. Wrestler award winner in the state of ND. Ulmer currently is the starting 125 pounder for MSU-Moorhead Dragons (Currently ranked #6 nationally). As an 8th grader Storley lost to Brock Edgar from Redfield, SD. I know for a fact that Storley avenged that loss to Edgar. If I'm not mistaken it was avenged in the state finals that season.

The best thing about that Storley match is after he is pinned there was no fit thrown.  He got up waited patiently as the kid acted like he had just won the olympics(or kissed Justin Bieber), shook the guys hand, and then shook the oposing coaches hand.  Some kids lose several times a year and still act like babies.  This would be great for them to watch.

The best thing about that Storley match is after he is pinned there was no fit thrown.  He got up waited patiently as the kid acted like he had just won the olympics(or kissed Justin Bieber), shook the guys hand, and then shook the oposing coaches hand.  Some kids lose several times a year and still act like babies.  This would be great for them to watch.

I agree.  That kid showed composure.  Many wrestlers could learn from watching that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.