Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings **2/6**

Y2CJ41

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Forfeit of Marion should be #1 at 125, I'm thinking #2 or 3. He's good, but tends to lose a lot.

Lovejoy has not beaten Forfeit yet and I doubt he will again if they face each other in the Semi-state final.

Now you know why he may be dropping to 119!!!

Lovejoy has not beaten Forfeit yet and I doubt he will again if they face each other in the Semi-state final.

Now you know why he may be dropping to 119!!!

That makes perfect sense. Forfeit is a real stud, always a 6 pointer!

I saw Regulator85's post last night before he took it off.  He basically said that by ranking all of the Marion kids # 1 in the FW SS, it was making fun of the entire program.  I think he was being a little overly sensitive but I kind of think that everyone has now had their opportunity to skewer his posts and it is a little mean spirited to keep all the Marion kids at #1 in the FW SS rankings.  Just my opinion.

I saw Regulator85's post last night before he took it off.  He basically said that by ranking all of the Marion kids # 1 in the FW SS, it was making fun of the entire program.  I think he was being a little overly sensitive but I kind of think that everyone has now had their opportunity to skewer his posts and it is a little mean spirited to keep all the Marion kids at #1 in the FW SS rankings.  Just my opinion.

I agree

Isn't that what they wanted. They would never just realize that the normal rankings are indeed pretty accurate, and every other post was about how this Marion guy will make some noise in the postseason.  Yeah, so Marion has a couple solid guys. I will agree to that. But throw them up against better competition and the results will show why Y2 has them rank where they are if he has them ranked. And to be honest, who cares about a semi-state ranking, it's just something made up to add a little spice to the board.

Forfeit is no longer in Marion's lineup. Got beat in wrestle-offs this week. ;)

Whew!!!  Thst is good to know.

I am sure that Lovejoy will be pleased to hear that so he can spend less time on this board worrying about him and go back to working on his technique and his homework!

Isn't that what they wanted. They would never just realize that the normal rankings are indeed pretty accurate, and every other post was about how this Marion guy will make some noise in the postseason.  Yeah, so Marion has a couple solid guys. I will agree to that. But throw them up against better competition and the results will show why Y2 has them rank where they are if he has them ranked. And to be honest, who cares about a semi-state ranking, it's just something made up to add a little spice to the board.

Razo,

I completely agree with you.  The FW SS rankings are done extremely well (better than the others on this site) and it is just a conversation piece to be sure and Y2 has made his point by putting all the Marion kids 1st.  However, you can't blame a group for being passionate (often times stupid) about their team.  Look at all the folks that were shooting their mouths off about Perry's chances against Mish.  Yikes!!!  Just let bygones be bygones is all I'm saying.

ECIC 160lb class

1st: Cody Becker (NE) dec. Cody Conrad (HER) 5-0

3rd: Chase Edwards (ALX) dec. Adam Hofstetter (SA) 9-4

5th: Dylan Holcomb (WIN) maj. dec. Eric Beougher (JC) 0:55

7th: Trent Fuller (BLK) win by INJ Default to Duran Bocanegra (UC)

These are the only Blackford results that I've seen on here, but Fuller #4 at 160 didn't fair so well.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

geez you guys are going hard on marion people. Im sure their wrestling program and coaches see you guys as very disrespectful. glad i am not affiliated with marion or i know i would be pretty upset!!  you oldies should really act your age

Speaking of disrespectful, what do you think getting on the board and puffing your chest about your inflated records against weak teams is?  When I was competing, I was taught to keep your mouth shut and let your wrestling do the talking.  If you follow this, everything will work out in the end.  Perhaps the Marion wrestlers/fans could take something from that.

Food for thought.  Schrock from lakeland is surprisingly at 160 now and looks good at that weight, however so far it hasn't produced much better results.  I still think he may deserve the open #8 spot at your 160# rankings, and this will allow someone on your radar at 171# to slide in his vacant spot.  Also Rimmel finally lost his first match last weekend, and apparantly Marsh from West Noble is officailly done for the season with grade issues.  Sad to see really,  sometimes you need to stop worrying about how to slide your way in to an "easier weight", if there is such a thing, and just go out and wrestle.  Maybe he could've focused on his grades more if he wasn't so woried about other things...........

hey NECC this is Kyle Marsh, Kevin's older brother. I would love to hear who you really are. Unless you are a coach who is helping at West Noble, none of this is really any of your business. I would love for you to come out and state your name, instead of hiding behind a name.

Now with your post, Kevin has not been worried about sliding to an easier weight at all. This year has been very different, and it goes back to losing his best friend, role model, and an assistant coach over the summer. After that happened, there was a change in Kevin, and when the year began it was more of something he just enjoyed doing. He has wrestled since he was in 2nd grade, and to be honest maybe he is somewhat burnt out. Whatever the reason is, I do not think there is any reason for you to get on here and bash him. Like I have said how about you stop hiding behind a name and let us know who you are.

Not sure which side to take here. Part of me wants to be with NECC and say big bro needs to let it go, he made his mistakes. But I know kyle pretty well and am gonna have to take his side here. Ever since I started knowing the charger wrestlers more, kevin was one of the hardest workers.. Even at such a younger age. I think kevin may have reached a hurdle in his dreams, and losing a coach might be the thing holding him back.NECC why don't u come out and let us know who the guy who knows all really is.

Yes, Striggle beat Singer and Hostetler.  Nice job with slotting, Y2.  Schrock (#7 at 171) dropped to 160 and got pinned in the first period by Garcia (Goshen).  All other ranked wrestlers won titles at Goshen except Kissinger (CC) at 112 lost to a Michigan kid and Gilbert (Whitko) didn't wrestle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.