Most Valuable Wrestler

Greco1982

Tsirtsis. I cant wait to see this freshman evolve in the coming years. I loved how he wanted that tech in the finals. It just goes to show you he was never complacent and will always wrestle the full six minutes.

Eppert a close second.

i gotta go with Tsirtsis. all major decisions except a close one with Cashe. you got to agree Cashe is a outstanding wrestler, maybe understating the year he had. there was a ton of great wrestling from all weight classes. 

two matches stand out the most, the pin at the 103 and the explosion 125, both freshman and will become 4 time state champs.

That's pretty bold... many thought the same thing about Galka, Raley, and Harper.  This just goes to show how difficult a feat this actually is.  It would seem that "tiny t-shirts" would have a pretty good chance as he has done it at a lower middle weight rather than 103 or 112.  The growth process can be tough for many who start at these weights.  Both are outstanding wrestlers and should be given all the credit in the world but lets not get too far ahead.

Tsirtsis and Young both...very impressing. As far as Chalfant...congratulations, but wow!!! In my opinion he gave everyone a little peak of his true wrestling I.Q. I don't have to explain it because everyone knows what I am talking about. 

two matches stand out the most, the pin at the 103 and the explosion 125, both freshman and will become 4 time state champs.

That's pretty bold... many thought the same thing about Galka, Raley, and Harper.  This just goes to show how difficult a feat this actually is.  It would seem that "tiny t-shirts" would have a pretty good chance as he has done it at a lower middle weight rather than 103 or 112.  The growth process can be tough for many who start at these weights.  Both are outstanding wrestlers and should be given all the credit in the world but lets not get too far ahead.

Agreed.  Many people had Harper as a lock going into this season.  It's so tough to do.

I have to say Jayson Tsirtsis, He has my vote of Inidana's wrestler of the year, man is he fun to watch, Congrats.

My second pick has to go to Eppert, the look on that kid face was priceless as he was wrestling, he had a look that he was not going to be denied a state championship.

Tsirtsis and Young both...very impressing. As far as Chalfant...congratulations, but wow!!! In my opinion he gave everyone a little peak of his true wrestling I.Q. I don't have to explain it because everyone knows what I am talking about. 

Adam Chalfant did an outstanding job.  He does deserve the congrats, but dogging his wrestling IQ??  Yeah, he turned his back, but he also thought they went out of bounds, WHICH THEY DID!!  The ref had blown the whistle everytime they hit the line for out of bounds, and then they go out except for Adams Feet and he doesn't blow the whistle.  Both those boys thought they went out of bounds, because Alex walked back for a second before he charged.  I would have to say that for a "DUMB" IQ in your words, the boy does HAVE a state champoionship.  So don't get on here and call him out for something that he did during an intense state finals match.  Where is your BLUE RING and STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MEDAL?  I didn't see you down there bustin' balls and pulling out a 7-2 victory over a soon to be Purdue Wrestler!!

Great job Adam, way to go and keep up the hard work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.