Reinoehl of Mishawaka

drewboy78

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how much I like the fact that someone was snooping around taking pictures of the house and the family there just to send to the IHSAA.  Sounds like another school I know from NW Indiana that did the same thing.  I did not like it then and I don't like it now.

Come on Rat, these stories get old, why feel sorry for someone that's cheating the system?

I don;t know them personally, but after reading the article, I'm siding witht the IHSAA on this one.

It's always someone elses fault. They got busted. I teach my kids to face the music, if you screw up and get caught you face the consequences.

This is an intersting case.  He moved to Mishawaka and was declared eligible to wrestle.  Someone "stalked" his family (after the wrestling season was over), reported their "findings" to the IHSAA, and the IHSAA reopened the case.  He has now been declared "ineligible."  If what his father says is true, and they can prove that he was indeed being discriminated against by the teachers/administrators at Penn, he should have some legal options that actually allow him to attend a school outside of his normal district. 

Whether they were trying to cheat the system or not, I can only guess at, but the facts are: 1) He's already attended Mish for 1 year, where he wrestled for them and 2) He's legally living in a house within the Mish boundaries.  Unfortunately, I think this also is a fact 3) Someone has sour grapes.

My opinion is this, they should review his eligibility for last year and determine he was INELIGIBLE for last year and strip all points he accumulated last year from Mish. BUT, since he has a year "under his belt" so to speak, he should be eligible this year. I do not condone cheating in ANY WAY, however, I do have a big heart and I hate to see a kid lose his senior year for something that may or may not have occurred A YEAR AGO!

Just a fair warning, keep the dialogue civil.  This is a great topic that I feel is good that it gets discussed, but at the same time keep things civil and watch name calling and inappropriate behavior.

On a personal note, I have known Trent for a couple years and he's a great kid.  He is a very polite young man and someone that has worked his butt off for his success. 

It's not the kid's fault, let him wrestle! Put yourself in his shoes.

And besides, who's sneaking around taking pictures? Sounds like invasion of privacy to me.

I can tell you as a Penn Alum and Huge wrestling fan , I was upset ( at first ) when the Reinoehl's  transferred . Not just because Penn was losing a great wrestler , but because we were also losing a great kid who I miss seeing as much as I used too .  I became friends with the Reinoehl's through the years of wrestling in ISWA events . Trenton and my Stepson wrestled together in Middle school as well  . Ben Reinoehl helped coach our kids at Discovery Middle School , as well as the summer ISWA Tournaments . We PHM parents could never repay him for his time and hard work he put in for our kids . To know that there were people out there taking pictures is very disturbing to me . I would hope that these people aren't affiliated with Penn wrestling . I am one of Tenton's biggest fans(Regardless of what school he attends) , I would hope the IHSAA changes this ruling and  allows this great young man his Senior wrestling season . I was so much looking forward to seeing Trenton on the podium at Conseco .

I hope the Reinoel family challenges this ruling.  It amazes me that whoever sent the "package" can remain anonymous.  Even in an administrative matter such as this, the Reinoel's should have the right to due process, which would include the right to confront and cross examine witnesses against them.  Commissioner Ress refers to the person who sent the package as a "trustworthy source".  Anyone wanting to remain anonymous raises serious questions in my mind as to their reliability. 

I

We should add a poll to this question. It wouldn't change anything in the ruling. But I would like to see what people think

You never know , maybe if we start a petition and send it to the Ihsaa , they might at least look at it . I mean Seriously , how many of us can afford 2 mortgages ? I know I can't . They would of moved into their new home if their old home had sold .

Sounds like we have a peeping tom on our hands here!  I think everyone can agree that the economy is down and can see how this could happen.  i think they should let the kid wrestle.  It's Obvious the kid didnt just go there for athletics,  if he did when they stripped him of his  eligibility  he would of went back to Penn where he had full  eligibility .  You can't control where you family moves

It sounds to me the Reinoehl family pulled one over on the IHSAA last year and didn't cover up their tracks very well. They should have just made a legitimate move to the Mishawaka school district and they would have had nothing to worry about. If you can't make the legitimate move for whatever reason, don't jeopardize your son or daughter's eligibility on a flimsy change of address, especially after all of the hard work and money spent on the great sport of wrestling. Just my two cents...

This is ridiculous. First off, the person who has no life and took those pictures should be ashamed of theirself for wanting revenge on a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT for transferring. Really? Grow up. And since this is a "reliable" source i'm assuming it is a member of the Penn payroll. I don't blame the Reinhol's one bit, Snyder has a tremendous program at Mishawaka and well Penn, not so much. Let the kid wrestle, at Mishawaka. Trent is a great kid and great wrestler. He shouldn't be punished for wanting to better himself, which is what is being done.

I've never really like the rules against a kid transferring even if it's for an athletic reason, although I completely understand it.  However, the current rules are very clear and should be followed.  There is no gray area.  Either they move to the Mishawaka residence or he attends Penn High School. 

I think instead of complaining about the ruling, you should attack the rule.

He obviously is in violation of the rules, I'm not sure you can argue that, so he probably shouldn't be wrestling (or last year for that matter).

If everyone thinks this is such a bad idea, it needs to be brought up to the IHSAA somehow and the rules need to be changed.

You can't blame the IHSAA for following its own rules, no matter how it was brought to their attention.

The rule will be nonexistent in a couple of weeks unless the IHSAA passes a law.  Transfers will then be up to the "new" school to accept or decline.  IHSAA better hurry up or there could be a lot of interesting things happen.

I doubt it since he was ruled ineligible for the season by the IHSAA. 

I was refering to the new "open" enrollment due to property tax freeze and the different way in which schools will be funded.  If they do not pass any rules or laws, theoretically a kid could go to any school he wanted, no matter where he lived as long as the"new" school accepted him.