State Day 2: Quarters and Semis Discussion

• MattM changed the title to State Day 2: Quarters and Semis Discussion
11 minutes ago, JayinSTL said:

Opened this for an intelligent read with my morning coffee thinking “Atta boy MattM, I look forward to your thoughts.  They’re probably wrong but hey, it’s the effort that counts” 

sorely disappointed. 

Sorry but that’s what you get for getting your hopes up.  

The day is still young in the central time-zone.  Soon the masses will throw the shades back from their eyes and start chattering. 

image.gif.981e0b8d4759620bd68fb5889d988091.gif

Edited by MattM

Sure do wish upon they have updated Team Scores posted somewhere in the Ford Center . 
Wishing Make A Wish GIF by Maryanne Chisholm - MCArtist

Maybe they could have projection along this blank wall of nothing . Am I reaching here . We just got fleesed by ticket masterless . Thinking they could give us our $ worth . 

IMG_0065.jpeg

Edited by TeamGarcia

17 minutes ago, rrschott said:

Then you've been missing out.  That kid is on a whole different level this year.  Purdue got a stud.

I could tell! Im glad I got to watch that one. I look forward to seeing what he does in college.

I do not watch a lot of high school wrestling anymore, as I spend a lot of time already watching college wrestling. Two questions regarding the HS rules:

1. Are takedowns called differently from college in relation to leg scrambling and reaction time? 

2. Is stalling intended to be called differently from college? It seems as if a lot of blatant stalling is going uncalled and that is limiting action at the end of matches. 

28 minutes ago, Justdo^it135 said:

I do not watch a lot of high school wrestling anymore, as I spend a lot of time already watching college wrestling. Two questions regarding the HS rules:

1. Are takedowns called differently from college in relation to leg scrambling and reaction time? 

2. Is stalling intended to be called differently from college? It seems as if a lot of blatant stalling is going uncalled and that is limiting action at the end of matches. 

1. College takedown are call quicker.  As soon as they touch the mat at all. Establishing control doesn't have to be and obvious as HS  and there is no reaction time considered unlike we usually see in HS.

2. Yes the HS refs tend to let the wrestlers work on positions longer before calling a stalemate or a stalling.  And a little more backwards movement if defending a takedown before a fleeing is called.  College refs will call a reset as soon as the action stops for more than a brief second.  Call a stalling as soon as the top wrestler is just holding on or bottom is not moving for more than a second.  Plus call a fleeing as soon as you make more than one small movement backward close to out of bounds.