132 Bracket I hate your stinking guts!

On 2/12/2024 at 10:43 AM, Yotti4 said:

Hockaday all day long and twice on Sunday! He isn't winning matches 5-4, he is dominating folks and top 5 kids at that. 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:00 AM, TrueRegionFan said:

Agreed.  I was telling people I didn't think anyone would be within 6 points of Hockaday.  I like your betting line better.  This is no disrespect to anyone in the 132 pound bracket.  I believe Hockaday has separated himself that much from the rest. 

On 2/12/2024 at 10:57 AM, MatTime said:

Agreed. Thrine seemed undersized when wrestling Davis. If Davis does not cut him with 40 seconds, what would overtime have looked like? The size and strenght of Davis slowed Thrine down. Will not be a close match between Thrine and Hockaday....that is, if Thrine makes it to see him. Good wrestler and will continue to grown and improve but is not going to defeat Hockaday.

4 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

You’ll ALL see Friday & Saturday, Hockaday & Krejsa, are on another level in Indiana High School Wrestling .

Last year, Frazier's 6 matches at semi-state and state before Thrine went like this:

Fall

Tech

12-0

11-3

Fall

Tech

Thrine, meanwhile, wins 5-2 and 9-8 in the first two rounds at state.

...then 4-3 Thrine

And by the way, Frazier and Hockaday's pedigrees nationally and in-state were/are very comparable. Someone compared Hockaday's status to Mendez. That's just plain silly. Hockaday's a beast. But he's a solid D1, Logan Frazier-level pseudo lock--not a genuine lock against someone like Thrine.

I'd pick Hockaday to win this match, but people are short-sighted if they think it's going to be a runaway. Thrine WILL score on Hockaday. He's just so slick and calm in the big moments--and it will be his first chance all year to open up and wrestle without a target on his back. It will be a killer match.

While I think it is unfortunate that they could see each other outside of the finals, I can't wait to see this match.

If they both make it far enough to see each other, that is. 

1 hour ago, maligned said:

Last year, Frazier's 6 matches at semi-state and state before Thrine went like this:

Fall

Tech

12-0

11-3

Fall

Tech

...then 4-3 Thrine

And by the way, Frazier and Hockaday's pedigrees nationally and in-state were/are very comparable. Someone compared Hockaday's status to Mendez. That's just plain silly. Hockaday's a beast. But he's a solid D1, Logan Frazier-level pseudo lock--not a genuine lock against someone like Thrine.

I'd pick Hockaday to win this match, but people are short-sighted if they think it's going to be a runaway. Thrine WILL score on Hockaday. He's just so slick and calm in the big moments--and it will be his first chance all year to open up and wrestle without a target on his back. It will be a killer match.

Finally. Someone with some sense and a respectable, realistic take. I absolutely understand someone picking Hockaday, but to act as if Tylin has zero shot considering his own body of work is crazy.

7 hours ago, maligned said:

Fall

Tech

12-0

11-3

Fall

Tech

...then 4-3 Thrine

Correct me if I’m wrong . Just looking at his matches from this last year and this year . Did 2x State Champ Ashton Jackson score on Hockaday last year featured match at State Finals  (6-3) final ? I think it was 2 cuts and an escape . 

I don’t think anybody scored on him last year from Indiana . Has he been scored on this year from Indiana this year thus far . All been cuts from what on track and what witnessed . 

What that tells me the kid on a mission, a different level. We all witnessed over the years those wrestlers that it looks like a Big Cat playing with its prey . Of the 20 matches I witnessed this year . He’s been that Big Cat . 

I guess I’ll believe it when I see it if  anyone scores on him from Indiana this year . 

12 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Correct me if I’m wrong . Just looking at his matches from this last year and this year . Did 2x State Champ Ashton Jackson score on Hockaday last year featured match at State Finals  (6-3) final ? I think it was 2 cuts and an escape . 

I don’t think anybody scored on him last year from Indiana . Has he been scored on this year from Indiana this year thus far . All been cuts from what on track and what witnessed . 

What that tells me the kid on a mission, a different level. We all witnessed over the years those wrestlers that it looks like a Big Cat playing with its prey . Of the 20 matches I witnessed this year . He’s been that Big Cat . 

I guess I’ll believe it when I see it if  anyone scores on him from Indiana this year . 

Hey now, I AM THE BIG CAT

25 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Does this or does this not qualify...

Evan Stanley who is from Indiana but wrestles for Mt Carmel scored on Hockaday at the Carnahan which is in Indiana.

21 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

Does this or does this not qualify...

Evan Stanley who is from Indiana but wrestles for Mt Carmel scored on Hockaday at the Carnahan which is in Indiana.

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF 
Technically you’re right but the Elite stay here in Indiana for 1 State Champ per weight class not 4,5,6, sometimes 9 if you live in Georgia.

48 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Technically you’re right but the Elite stay here in Indiana for 1 State Champ per weight class not 4,5,6, sometimes 9 if you live in Georgia.

So we went to Illinois to avoid the Elite ? I think we have a wrestler named Ben Davino at the same weight class this year in Illinois and knew what weight class he wrestles . Sergio Lemley looks like he did pretty good in Indiana as a sophomore and must have been running the other 3 years . This might be one of  the dumber comments you have made. We live in Indiana and love the Indiana set up with one class . But acting like Indiana one weight class is superior to all other states because of one champ seems like a crazy statement . 

Edited by JORVILLE

7 hours ago, JORVILLE said:

So we went to Illinois to avoid the Elite ? I think we have a wrestler named Ben Davino at the same weight class this year in Illinois and knew what weight class he wrestles . Sergio Lemley looks like he did pretty good in Indiana as a sophomore and must have been running the other 3 years . This might be one of  the dumber comments you have made. We live in Indiana and love the Indiana set up with one class . But acting like Indiana one weight class is superior to all other states because of one champ seems like a crazy statement . 

Or he was trying to be funny...and get a rise out of someone...and it worked.

18 hours ago, maligned said:

Fall

Tech

12-0

11-3

Fall

Tech

...then 4-3 Thrine

To each their own, brother! Just my two cents after watching both of them this year that Hockaday wins by 5 or 6 points. Thrine is an athletic freak and absolutely has a better shot than probably anyone to dethrone Hockaday, I just don't see it. @TeamGarcia you should bet some bananas on this "Thrine WILL score on Hockaday"....

11 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Keith Parker did score a reversal at regionals, however I agree watch Hockaday wrestle this kid is really on his game! 

I am a fan but also a coach in this weight, all I can say is this weekend is going to be BONKERS! 

Terrible draws EVERYWHERE, be the bad draw!!

Edited by QuinnHarris

10 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Garcia dropping facts, should have been a legend in indiana. Now just a runner up in Illinois. 

But.....if Evan stayed in Indiana he might be in that CP singlet and the purple dogs would be sad because jake would only be a 2xer. 

11 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

You know I got respect for you and your boys, Mr. Garcia, but the states with more than one champ have been kicking our butts for a long time. Young Stanley will find tougher competition in Illinois than he will Indiana and that’s just based on facts once you take in rankings, schedules, and placements.

10 hours ago, JORVILLE said:

From a factual standpoint, IA, IL, MI, MN, NY, OH, PA, and WI, all states with multiple state champions, consistently perform better than IN in rankings, national tournaments, and on the collegiate level. Indiana having one champion per weight class is cool, but multiple classes doesn’t hurt these states either. Especially when you consider any of the champs in these states lower classes could come to Indiana and beat most of our competition.

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Sometimes you gotta say things to make them remember you by . I guess it’s been a while for some . Poor posters wanna take everything so Serious. 

Sometimes, it is difficult to know which is which. Are you suggesting that Thrine won't score? That sounds 'Serious.'  As someone else said, if I was forced to bet, I'd place money on Jake, but holding Thrine scoreless might shock me more than the Frazier upset.

In all 'seriousness,' did you pick Thrine to beat Frazier?

4 hours ago, QuinnHarris said:

Keith Parker did score a reversal at regionals, however I agree watch Hockaday wrestle this kid is really on his game! 

I am a fan but also a coach in this weight, all I can say is this weekend is going to be BONKERS! 

Terrible draws EVERYWHERE, be the bad draw!!

I got Keith in the quarters against Goss! Good Luck this weekend!

On 2/12/2024 at 10:09 AM, Wrestlingfan937 said:

Na it will be thrine, don't matter who is in front of him he is going for gold. 

Heard people saying the same thing about Huevart....we will see

On 2/12/2024 at 11:54 PM, blueandgold said:

Margin literally means nothing. Huyvaert been dominating all year and just lost to Zar Walker who was having matches with one point margins against unranked wrestlers. Stop glazing.

Seriously though?? Huevart doesn't wrestle the schedule Hockaday has. Apples to Oranges

29 minutes ago, HWTDAD said:

Seriously though?? Huevart doesn't wrestle the schedule Hockaday has. Apples to Oranges

The point still stands. We talking about scoring margins. Hockaday’s biggest in-state win over a returning state qualifier was 21-9 over Sessa and 11-4 over Goss who medaled; Hayden DeMarco shares Goss as a common opponent with Hockaday, and he beat him 10-2. He has also teched returning medalist Carter Fielden, and Chesterton has a pretty strong schedule. Would you say that based on his margins he’s beating Hockaday? You should if that’s what you use in your argument against Thrine. Huyvaert’s won 17-6 over Graham, but Zar Walker still beat him 4-2 regardless of the scoring margins he’s put up. Hockaday was dominating last season too, yet he only beat Mosier 3-2 in the semis. It’s all about match-ups. Every match is different, especially at State.

4 hours ago, HawkinIndy said:

Can’t happen in the quarters, you thinking semis?

I think I just said it wrong I got him winning through the quarters and yes then hits Goss. But yes Goss in the Semi.

11 hours ago, blueandgold said:

The point still stands. We talking about scoring margins. Hockaday’s biggest in-state win over a returning state qualifier was 21-9 over Sessa and 11-4 over Goss who medaled; Hayden DeMarco shares Goss as a common opponent with Hockaday, and he beat him 10-2. He has also teched returning medalist Carter Fielden, and Chesterton has a pretty strong schedule. Would you say that based on his margins he’s beating Hockaday? You should if that’s what you use in your argument against Thrine. Huyvaert’s won 17-6 over Graham, but Zar Walker still beat him 4-2 regardless of the scoring margins he’s put up. Hockaday was dominating last season too, yet he only beat Mosier 3-2 in the semis. It’s all about match-ups. Every match is different, especially at State.

This makes to much sense for state week lol