Most wide open weight 144?

Jayruss

8 hours ago, JC123 said:

I saw your kid wrestle at Mooresville he is a beast. Good luck and I will see you at the Ford Center.

We'll see if he makes it to Evansville.  150 East Chicago semi state is pretty loaded.  You could wrestle that 10 times and get 10 different results.  

I will say that Chris Jr. was pretty sick Saturday and still found a way to get it done.  But Thank you for the mention.

Hmmmm after reviewing and listening about the Al Smith, I have to go with the turntable 175 class. You have a good mix of kids that I have been around and watch grow up over the last 10 years (and a few movebacks) alongside my older kids. I honestly think of about 12 kids could take it, but will depend on who wants it most in the end. Disclaimer: I do have skin in the game in this class

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 9:27 AM, Jam said:

Don't think they'd go for that.  Staff has a preference for duals over tournaments.  They haven't been at the Al Smith since the 10-11 season.

I’m hearing that the New Prairie staff have been reaching out to the Mishawaka folks about joining the Al Smith next year. So I’d say the ball is in the Mishawaka staff’s court!

Edited by AP

11 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

Respectfully, they can have something to say about it all they want, but they aren’t beating Jeff houyvart unless he’s sick, injured, or misses weight 

Respectfully, they will both be battle-tested. They have competed in tough tournaments... Iron Man, Carnahan, and will battle each other in the coming weeks. The last time Huevart was in a tough tournament he lost to Tommy Gibbs and Londen Murpy. If Reynolds or Courtney had his schedule they would no doubt be undefeated as well. Time will tell.

41 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

Respectfully, they can have something to say about it all they want, but they aren’t beating Jeff houyvart unless he’s sick, injured, or misses weight 

Who is this Jeff Houyvart ? Or Jeff Huevart ? I have not heard of this person

22 hours ago, HWTDAD said:

Respectfully, they will both be battle-tested. They have competed in tough tournaments... Iron Man, Carnahan, and will battle each other in the coming weeks. The last time Huevart was in a tough tournament he lost to Tommy Gibbs and Londen Murpy. If Reynolds or Courtney had his schedule they would no doubt be undefeated as well. Time will tell.

Yes, time will tell. We will revisit this thread in a few weeks. 

9 hours ago, M109R said:

On a side note Jeff Huyvaert just broke a 21 year old Indiana record for the most takedowns in a single season. I believe he averaged  about 10 per match.

Makes me wonder how many did Jesse Mendez ended up with at CP ? Congrats to Jeffery. 

10 hours ago, M109R said:

On a side note Jeff Huyvaert just broke a 21 year old Indiana record for the most takedowns in a single season. I believe he averaged  about 10 per match.

You know you are old when recorded that still seem somewhat recent to you are now old enough to get into a bar.  

4 hours ago, Thatwrestler445 said:

Zero IQ Reese Courtney taking home the chip. END OF DISCUSSION.

And If this doesn't happen will you be the first one on here eating your crow? There are many reasons why people up north think it's Huyvaerts year , So please don't say Zero IQ . Just wait until after the state finals . If we are wrong , we will be on here eating our crow . 

14 hours ago, M109R said:

And If this doesn't happen will you be the first one on here eating your crow? There are many reasons why people up north think it's Huyvaerts year , So please don't say Zero IQ . Just wait until after the state finals . If we are wrong , we will be on here eating our crow . 

It's not that people are picking Huyvaert to win, hell, he's my pick, it's people on this board are acting as Reese Courtney, Parker Reynolds, Zar Walker, and others have ZERO chance of beating Huyvaert.  I dared to mention that Courtney could beat him, considering, well, Courtney beat Huyvaert last year and some dude felt it necessary to dog on my kid because Huyvaert teched Chris.  

Edited by Christopher Bohn

35 minutes ago, Christopher Bohn said:

It's not that people are picking Huyvaert to win, hell, he's my pick, it's people on this board are acting as Reese Courtney, Parker Reynolds, Zar Walker, and others have ZERO chance of beating Huyvaert.  I dared to mention that Courtney could beat him, considering, well, Courtney beat Huyvaert last year and some dude felt it necessary to dog on my kid because Huyvaert teched Chris.  

Christian Arberry is really tough too. Really hard to score on 

3 hours ago, Christopher Bohn said:

Anyone that would dog on your kid is probably a kid himself. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 10:32 PM, M109R said:

Well ig we see who’s right🤷🏽‍♂️

Zar Walker vs Ethan Doster for the Title tonight.  

After reading this thread, I'd say the OP was spot on and a whole bunch of people were wrong big time.  I think only one or two replies mentioned Walker and I didn't see any mentioning Doster at all.

Just goes to show, there are no absolutes, but there is a lot of empty bravado and hot air on a message board.