State Finals STREAMING THREAD - Announcers, Issues?

base

Flo has their Quad Box option.  All 4 mats at once, choose which to listen to.  Fantastic option for those that couldn't make it to Indy!

Who are the announcers on each mat?

Which is the best mat to listen to?

If you have streaming issues - put them on this thread

Believe Nick Hull is on 4 as well.  Mat 1 is Noah Warren and cant remember the other guys name, pretty sure an ex PM wrestler.  One of them i believe works with or helps at CG, gets very excited when they are up. Haha.  Doing a nice job!

Edited by RAJR

2 hours ago, RAJR said:

Believe Nick Hull is on 4 as well.  Mat 1 is Noah Warren and cant remember the other guys name, pretty sure an ex PM wrestler.  One of them i believe works with or helps at CG, gets very excited when they are up. Haha.  Doing a nice job!

The guy from CG has been told at least twice to chill.  Heard someone in the background during the Stits match "You've got to refrain yourself".  Earlier he commented that he "got in trouble"

13 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

The guy from CG has been told at least twice to chill.  Heard someone in the background during the Stits match "You've got to refrain yourself".  Earlier he commented that he "got in trouble"

Besides getting excited, what is he doing wrong?  Announcer police now?

30 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Wasn't the 4 people running Track for the tournament, so I am not sure who yelled at them. 

Also, we know that Mat 3 went down.  We have it back up now! Sorry!

2 minutes ago, trackgopher said:

Wasn't the 4 people running Track for the tournament, so I am not sure who yelled at them. 

I was guessing someone from the IHSAA, a tournament official perhaps?  It wasn't egregious and I'd liken it more to a slap on the wrist than a spanking, for lack of a better comparison.

Can someone please ensure the announcer on mat 4 is not allowed to return for tomorrow's action? The bias and unprofessionalism is unreal.

I've never heard an announcer say that a wrestler is looking for blood so he can get a water break, say multiple times a wrestler made horrible shots (while calling a shot "awesome" by his preferred wrestler - which said shot was even more questionable) and not sure how he made it this far, saying he knows who's he's picking to win.

Your job is to provide OBJECTIVE commentary.

7 minutes ago, tx91 said:

Can someone please ensure the announcer on mat 4 is not allowed to return for tomorrow's action? The bias and unprofessionalism is unreal.

The southern bias is unbelievable. Pretty sure I remember him from last year, didn't like his commentary then either.

13 minutes ago, Jam said:

The southern bias is unbelievable. Pretty sure I remember him from last year, didn't like his commentary then either.

I'm not sure which match the previous poster was referring to, but I just watched the 1st 220 lb match on Mat 4 and he sounded fine to me.  He referenced his daughter being a trainer at Lawrence North or something to that effect.  Not sure what you consider South, but if he's favoring Lawrence North, I'm not sure how that qualifies as "southern bias".  

Edited by SWINfan

1 hour ago, trackgopher said:

Hey TrackG, why do none of the brackets have links to the wrestlers profiles for this event?  The Evansville SS was done the same way, but at least the day of (or night before) the event they were all linked.  Just seems like someone missed that big time.  Not sure who is responsible for that.

21 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

He's not from the south and he knows his stuff. Clearly, he will critique. I suspect it's a habit he's acquired over a few years ;)

I generally watch these matches without a ton of rooting interest, so I am not too offended by them.  But I have noticed over the years, some of the guys announce like they are coaching, describing what the wrestler should be doing.  It can come across as biased, especially if it's not favoring "your guy", but I don't mind it.  I think it's natural for guys that are former wrestlers/coaches, etc and not professional broadcasters to call it that way.  To me it adds flavor.  

I just hate it when they butcher names, but that's one of my peeves.  ha ha

1 minute ago, busstogate said:

Is that the same as the Merrillville turkey tug?

It is a line from Greg Warren a former wrestler, and now a comedian that has been on the Bob and Tom show talking about a mouthy teammate in high school giving him grieve for being in the band as well as a wrestler.

40 minutes ago, Trinedad said:

It is a line from Greg Warren a former wrestler, and now a comedian that has been on the Bob and Tom show talking about a mouthy teammate in high school giving him grieve for being in the band as well as a wrestler.

Whistling Dixie?