Nick Lee

CoachW33

I don't know the particulars of what the NCAA require for someone just out of high school being added into the University mid-season and getting to compete.  But even if its cleared, I'm still not sure where he would even fit in their line-up other than dropping down the the 133 (Cortez  out due to injury).  As cool as it might be for him to walk out, I'm assuming Cael would rather keep Nick for 4 full years rather than push him out just to fill a spot for half a season.  PSU has a few decent options for 133 like trying to get Gulibon back down, or putting in someone off the bench.  That person may not as good as Cortez, but at least enough to keep something going for them.  To me if they are not pulling Mark Halls Redshirt after Southern Scuffle then I'm not seeing them putting Nick out for just the end of the season.

Nick is likely just getting a head start on his classes, so that he will not be as overloaded with coursework during his next few season of competing for the Penn State.  If Cael wants him to skip a redshirt season Nick could slip in pretty nice at 141 once Gulibon graduates.   Not to mention the extra time he gets by being in the room with all the studs this year, before he officially suites up for Penn State.

Edited by MattM

Can't say for sure it is true, but I read that he is not enrolled.  He did graduate from Mater Dei in December, I understand.  If both of those are true, then yes, I do believe he could suit up, but that would cost him a year of eligibility.  It would also throw a you kid, though very talented into a difficult situation.  He has supposedly been training strictly freestyle so the jump back to folkstyle this late in the season just to fill a gap at 133 doesn't seem very smart.  I think Nick, his family and Coach Sanderson had to have some kind of plan for him with him moving to PA and skipping his senior year.  

The injury to Cortez is what brought this thought to light.  Would be surprised if it happens.

they didnt say he was enrolled they said he could enroll, Someone named nick lee enrolled but it wasnt him. thats probably the part you heard 

Penn state is in danger of losing ncaas this year if they plug in nick lee at 133 and mark hall at 174 its literally a lock for them to win it all this year so i wouldn't be surprised if they did. Because thats adding in a all american and a champion to the lineup.

they didnt say he was enrolled they said he could enroll, Someone named nick lee enrolled but it wasnt him. thats probably the part you heard 

Penn state is in danger of losing ncaas this year if they plug in nick lee at 133 and mark hall at 174 its literally a lock for them to win it all this year so i wouldn't be surprised if they did. Because thats adding in a all american and a champion to the lineup.

I'm not so sure Nick would AA at 133 this year and I don't think Hall beats Valencia at 174.

I read on a Penn St. message board that Nick had not enrolled.  The thread was the same, asking if he could wrestle this year.

Yeah hall goes in at 174, but picks up a loss. Sandersons undefeated records remains intact by his own hand. Halls earlier Redshirt loss also will go on his record now too. But it's scary how loaded Penn State is and will continue to be for the next several years.

Monstrous win by Nickal hitting a first period spladle over defending 184lb Big 10 champ Brooks. Heck of a response by their team leader after momentum changed with Hall losing.

They even mentioned former East Chicago head coach Bill Kelly in the broadcast. Coach Kelly hit a spladle to win the individual and team NCAA championships for Iowa State.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.