152 - Penn 3

160 - Cathedral 4

170 - Penn 3

182 - Cathedral 4

195 - Penn 6

220 - Penn 3

285 - Cathedral 6

Penn 29-24

Of course, a lot of swing matches in 106, 113, 120, 132, 152, and 170.

Did you do first round breakdowns? I thought you just made first round picks then did breakdown on semis.

I think we just picked first rd

Penn-106,113,120,126*,138,152,170,195*,220

Cathedral- 132,145,160*,182*,285*

Toss ups- 106,113,170

* is where I think there will be bonus points (195 or 220) where Guhl is not at

Where is 91STATEQUALIFIER , remember his posts earlier this year . Here is one of them.

I watched & I will go on record right now catherdral is the best team in the state. They will win team state & will win if team points were calculated at individual state. 145-182 for them is unreal , then throw in Hwt with a 106 & 113 that match up against anyone. Also a solid 132.

I admit I was off on catherdral but since you read my posts, you should remember that I softened my position on them somewhat as they were dealing with injuries & losing to franklin by 6 points. If you go back , you will see that I was correct in my latest post saying perry would get 4th at best & top 3 could be any thereof franklin, EMD or Penn depending on lineups & injuries. I caught just as much grief over that post as well if I remember correctly. And yes I am NOT a cathedral grad as I even went as far as saying I don't even like them because of their recruiting.

I admit I was off on catherdral but since you read my posts, you should remember that I softened my position on them somewhat as they were dealing with injuries & losing to franklin by 6 points. If you go back , you will see that I was correct in my latest post saying perry would get 4th at best & top 3 could be any thereof franklin, EMD or Penn depending on lineups & injuries. I caught just as much grief over that post as well if I remember correctly. And yes I am NOT a cathedral grad as I even went as far as saying I don't even like them because of their recruiting.

The asst coach from Catherdral should have been tossed from the tournament after his outburst to one of the refs, telling him "you should be fired".

Haha it was McGinley, and it wasn't the refs he was yelling at.  It was the towel tosser. In a match that took place when the dual was out of hand no less. Don't know if he should have been tossed, but he did look like a three year old throwing a tantrum.

The asst coach from Catherdral should have been tossed from the tournament after his outburst to one of the refs, telling him "you should be fired".

The towel tosser forgot to do his job and because of that, the match went a whole 5 seconds more. In those extra 5 seconds, Penn got 2 backpoints that they wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

The towel tosser forgot to do his job and because of that, the match went a whole 5 seconds more. In those extra 5 seconds, Penn got 2 backpoints that they wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

I am an overly competitive dude and can sometimes let the competitive juices cloud my vision of making good choices or maintaining appropriate language, but these Cath coaches are definitely wound a bit too tight.  Great technical teachers and I am sure they are good guys but desire to be the best shouldn't come at the cost of being an embarrassing (bleep).  I wasn't close enough to hear the statement, and don't even know if the comment was really made.  However, telling any volunteer worker especially a child that they should be fired definitely puts you in a category of  being a loser regardless of wins or losses.  JMO.

I am an overly competitive dude and can sometimes let the competitive juices cloud my vision of making good choices or maintaining appropriate language, but these Cath coaches are definitely wound a bit too tight.  Great technical teachers and I am sure they are good guys but desire to be the best shouldn't come at the cost of being an embarrassing (bleep).  I wasn't close enough to hear the statement, and don't even know if the comment was really made.  However, telling any volunteer worker especially a child that they should be fired definitely puts you in a category of  being a loser regardless of wins or losses.  JMO.

The timekeeper was not a child, it was a man at least 30 years old.  If you volunteer to do a job, it is still expected that the job be done correctly.  A similar thing happened with the Warren coaches in the final match.  I don't think they yelled much but they definitely got a bit mad at the table for not keeping time right. In close matches, everyone needs to be doing their job.

It was a grown adult, not a child. The guy should have been doing his job. It was definitely a factor of the match. That's all I'm saying.

The towel person forgot to through the towel a few times in the first round matches that I was watching but the fans and the coaches were on top of it and didn't allow more than 1 sec. So was this a matter of the cathedral kid getting turned right at the buzzer and all the near fall points were counted post buzzer?  5 sec just seems like an eternity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.