Pound for pound

SLDchamp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO calling any freshman best pound for pound is ridiculous.

Nick Lee has accomplished more in his middle school days than most the kids on the list. He placed at FloNationals as a 7th grader, placed 3rd at Fargo, 2nd at FILA Cadets and won Pan Ams.  He is more than deserving of a mention in the pound for pound talk. Discrediting his accomplishments is very naive of you.

Nick Lee has accomplished more in his middle school days than most the kids on the list. He placed at FloNationals as a 7th grader, placed 3rd at Fargo, 2nd at FILA Cadets and won Pan Ams.  He is more than deserving of a mention in the pound for pound talk. Discrediting his accomplishments is very naive of you.

LOL!

First, I'm well aware of Nick Lee's accomplishments and the placements you've listed. Second, and I'll have to go out of order here. I've not yet heard anyone, including me, "discredit" his accomplishments. You state he is more deserving of mention. More deserving than who? Seniors who have already wrestled 150 HS matches or more, and are currently ranked nationally? I think he will get there, but only time will tell for me. If the list was pound for pound freshman and sophs he would clearly be at the top of the list. But as I said, in my opinion NO freshman, or sophs for that matter, deserve to be on a pound for pound list with nationally ranked seniors. But again, that's JMO.

Lee has spent time in the national rankings even before he ever took one class at Mater Dei. He is currently ranked by Flo. He is ranked #3 of all freshmen by Intermat and was #2 or 3 by Flo. No other Indiana wrestler is in the top 20 of their class on Intermat(Flo having issues right now).

Pound for pound does mean best no matter what weight an individual is...that being Said if Lee is so accomplished nationaly why is he ranked behind a senior without all of the national accomplishements in Davis...apparently those doing the rankings still pick a senior with a strong state record over a freshman with huge potential...just going off your own rankings.

By not considering Lee simply based on age is discrediting him and his national accomplishments.

Oh I see, so you've personally decided that "consideration" is the telling factor for accrediting an individual for a fictitious list. How brilliant and at the same time full of yourself. At least I qualify my statements as "my opinion". And if it's ok with you I'll stick to my opinion. Actually I'll stick to it regardless... ;D 

Pound for pound does mean best no matter what weight an individual is...that being Said if Lee is so accomplished nationaly why is he ranked behind a senior without all of the national accomplishements in Davis...apparently those doing the rankings still pick a senior with a strong state record over a freshman with huge potential...just going off your own rankings.

Lee would probably be ranked first in about any other weight class. We we'll also most likely see Lee vs Davis tomorrow.

You were the one who said you wouldnt consider anyone who is a frosh or soph, i just pointed out i think its faulty and flawed logic. No need to try to turn the subject to how 'full of myself' I am.  I stopped making personal remarks about people along time ago and pretty much immune to them because they generally mean that person has lost the debate. 

He has a chance to wrestle Davis this weekend If Davis didnt Wrestle Micic 2-1 Early on Lee would have been #2. Davis did just commit to wrestle D1 at Navy. Being a All American in Fargo doesn't mean your going to win A state title but it does put you in the Talk. Time Will Tell for Nick Lee He will have some tests this Weekend

Returning Champs

1. Micic 2x

2. Robinson Sr(3rd)

3. wilson Sr

4. Red So.

5. Forte Jr(3rd0

6. Lecount Sr.(2nd)

Finalist

Fuqua 2nd and 5th

Pepple 2nd

Davis 2nd 8th

Hughes 2nd

Corsaro 2nd, 2nd, 7th

Miller 2nd

Also

Boston and Steveson Both champs in Indiana who moved out of state

You were the one who said you wouldnt consider anyone who is a frosh or soph, i just pointed out i think its faulty and flawed logic. No need to try to turn the subject to how 'full of myself' I am.  I stopped making personal remarks about people along time ago and pretty much immune to them because they generally mean that person has lost the debate.

apparently you need more practice Karl. To discredit someone is to harm their good name. Not including someone on this list is in no way harming them or their good name. So maybe it's more a matter of you choosing your words more carefully as not to offend. 

He has a chance to wrestle Davis this weekend If Davis didnt Wrestle Micic 2-1 Early on Lee would have been #2. Davis did just commit to wrestle D1 at Navy. Being a All American in Fargo doesn't mean your going to win A state title but it does put you in the Talk. Time Will Tell for Nick Lee He will have some tests this Weekend

Where will these guys be meeting up this weekend?

what ever side your on if you take summer wrestling in to account or you dont from the finals

Chad Red fr 2 falls 2 D(5-2,4-0) 1 returning medalist

Stevan Micic 3 Falls 1 D(9-7) 5 returning Medalist

Deondre Wilson 4 d(7-1, 7-2,6-3,6-2) 3 returning

Cody Lecount 2 falls a Tech fall 16-1 1 d 8-4 6 returning medalist

Tommy Forte Tech Fall 17-0 1 maj 15-1, 2 d 12-7, 7-1 4 returning medalist

Gelen Robinson 1 Maj 11-3 3 d 7-2,7-4,5-2 3 returning medalist(no one scored a offensive point against robinson all season)

MCKAJC .. I know Lee is a Freshman and u probably

haven't had a chance to watch this kid wrestle

yet . He has either tech falled or pinned everybody .

Until this Davis match I didn't know where he should

be ranked . I have a good idea now .  I will agree with

U until he knocks off Micic !

IMO calling any freshman best pound for pound is ridiculous.

Micic

Corsaro

Robinson

Lecount

Forte

Big Wes (Bernard)

All those aren't Sr. but they should be. There are a couple of soph. that could make the list next year or the year after, but not just yet for me. IMO these guys have proven over time to be the top guys pound for pound.

Saying he isn't may be just as ridiculous.  He just dismantled Davis. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.