Pound for pound

SLDchamp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MCKAJC will Lee be on your list now? Just curious

I've had the opportunity to watch Nick Lee since he was a 10yr old. And I've had several chances to see him wrestle in the past two years. And I have never underestimated his ability. I think we just have a different idea of what it takes to get on a list like that. For me a wrestler has to prove his dominating ways over time in High School, since all freshman have competed primarily in the 2 year age group format. So a freshman just doesn't have time. It's a fairly subjective issue anyway so making it a bit more difficult to achieve with a time factor just adds a little objectiveness. I agree that he's the real deal.

The real issue I had here was being told I was "discrediting" a kid by not having him on my list. As soon as that word was used it wasn't about wresting anymore for me. I suppose tossing such words around like "discredit" without understanding their meaning is easy for some. But I take someone telling me I'm harming someone's good name seriously. And that was clearly never the case. I don't mean to distract from the subject or from impact this kid is going to make.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.