Purdue Black and Gold Matches this Saturday

Drooke

If you have the opportunity you should check out the purdue wrestle offs this weekend ....Saturday 10am at lambert fieldhouse.

great team building experience to see the highest level of amateur wrestling in Indiana...

http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/103113aad.html?app_data=%7B%22pi%22%3A%2251288_1383251594_642792638%22%2C%22pt%22%3A%22twitter%22%7D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the opportunity you should check out the purdue wrestle offs this weekend ....Saturday 10am at lambert fieldhouse.

great team building experience to see the highest level of amateur wrestling in Indiana...

http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/103113aad.html?app_data=%7B%22pi%22%3A%2251288_1383251594_642792638%22%2C%22pt%22%3A%22twitter%22%7D

[/quot)

Kyle Ayersman beat Cashe 5-2. Wow

I'm not sure "wow" is how I'd describe the win. Did I like others think that it was a bit unexpected because of the success Cashe has had on the collegiate level, sure, but when we treat it as a fluke I think you don't give Kyle enough cedit. We're talking about a 3 time state champ who won 187 of the 189 high school matches he competed in, he came to Purdue with a bit of a pedigree. I know how hard he works and how great of a kid he is and I couldn't be more happy for he and his family. Kyle and Cashe will be good for one another and push the others best out. Clearly I'm a big fan of Kyle's, but I also know you don't keep a former all-American on the bench without a fight.

I'm not sure "wow" is how I'd describe the win. Did I like others think that it was a bit unexpected because of the success Cashe has had on the collegiate level, sure, but when we treat it as a fluke I think you don't give Kyle enough cedit. We're talking about a 3 time state champ who won 187 of the 189 high school matches he competed in, he came to Purdue with a bit of a pedigree. I know how hard he works and how great of a kid he is and I couldn't be more happy for he and his family. Kyle and Cashe will be good for one another and push the others best out. Clearly I'm a big fan of Kyle's, but I also know you don't keep a former all-American on the bench without a fight.

Well said! Awesome cradle, big win! Congrats to Kyle

It was some great wrestling with a pretty solid turn out i thought. Purdue is doing great things and with the guys they got, and the coaching staff, the next several years are looking promising!! Looking forward to the 100th yr anniversary against Duke in a couple weeks. And on a side note, i thought P-Rob looked exceptionaly good! The schedule this year is sick!!!! Cant wait to see how much the. Grind of the schedule prepares our guys for the Big 10's, and national tournament!!

It's always a wow when a redshirt freshman beats a guy who has placed at big 10's twice and AA'd. I kinda think it means Quiroga may have hit a wall, more than it means Ayersman is a shooting star at this point. The question I have is can either of these guys handle 141 because Sabotello and Lawrence don't look very promising.

I'm not going to bash Cashe, but what has he really done since his freshman year and his unexpected all-America finish? I respect the hell out of him, but I totally disagree with your assessment of Kyle. Kyle is on the upswing and I unfortunately think we've seen the best of Cashe at this point. You are entitled to your opinion, but I for one was pleasantly surprised by kyle's win but by no means was I shocked. I know high school isn't always a barometer for college success, but Kyle has 3 state titles for a reason and Cashe had one and their careers can be closely compared because they wrestled similar weights in high school.

I'm not going to bash Cashe, but what has he really done since his freshman year and his unexpected all-America finish? I respect the hell out of him, but I totally disagree with your assessment of Kyle. Kyle is on the upswing and I unfortunately think we've seen the best of Cashe at this point. You are entitled to your opinion, but I for one was pleasantly surprised by kyle's win but by no means was I shocked. I know high school isn't always a barometer for college success, but Kyle has 3 state titles for a reason and Cashe had one and their careers can be closely compared because they wrestled similar weights in high school.

Sure glad you didn't bash him...

If you want to compare high school credentials, you need to go beyond state titles. Cashe had some nice national accolades, something that Ayersman did not have.  For instance Cashe won Fargo, an event that Ayersman never placed at, even as a cadet. 

If you want to compare high school credentials, you need to go beyond state titles. Cashe had some nice national accolades, something that Ayersman did not have.  For instance Cashe won Fargo, an event that Ayersman never placed at, even as a cadet.

My intention was not to get involved in a pissing contest, but to refute the fact that one person said Kyle wasn't a shooting star of something to that effect, I disagreed with that assessment and provided some facts to show that if Cashe was a "shooting star", then Kyle had to be considered just that as well.  I appreciate the information regarding Cashe's Fargo accomplishment.

Yes, but if someone doesn't win their own state folk style title, but wins a national freestyle event the same year, that could be more about strength in style.

The good thing is these guys now have the quality & depth to push each other and the room, and they didn't bail on the state programs. Rooting for both fine young men.

For a 3x champion, Ayersman is really underrated;  is there another recent Indiana champ that beat more quality wrestlers that went on to also win state titles?  Off top of my head, he beat Petrov, Brooks, McKinley, Harvey, LeCount, Farrell, Crume, in addition to several very good finalists.

Yes, but if someone doesn't win their own state folk style title, but wins a national freestyle event the same year, that could be more about strength in style.

The good thing is these guys now have the quality & depth to push each other and the room, and they didn't bail on the state programs. Rooting for both fine young men.

For a 3x champion, Ayersman is really underrated;  is there another recent Indiana champ that beat more quality wrestlers that went on to also win state titles?  Off top of my head, he beat Petrov, Brooks, McKinley, Harvey, LeCount, Farrell, Crume, in addition to several very good finalists.

Cashe also was a runner-up at Senior Nationals and placed at Junior and/or Sophomore nationals as well.  He had very good national folkstyle credentials also. Cashe beat a few good wrestlers too: Tsirtsis(4x SC), Harper(3x SC), Wright(2x SC), Eppert(2x SC), Porras(2x).  Those wins were all his senior year also!

Cashe also was a runner-up at Senior Nationals and placed at Junior and/or Sophomore nationals as well.  He had very good national folkstyle credentials also. Cashe beat a few good wrestlers too: Tsirtsis(4x SC), Harper(3x SC), Wright(2x SC), Eppert(2x SC), Porras(2x).  Those wins were all his senior year also!

That's the kind of wrestling room the best want. This is a great problem to have, two

Hard working studs.

What did I say that was offensive? I Posed a question, if you're that sensitive and it bothered you, deal with it.

"I'm not going to bash Cashe, but what has he really done since his freshman year and his unexpected all-America finish?"...

Too bad Purdue doesnt have this kind of depth at all their weights...thats what separates them from programs like Penn State and Iowa who have Studs sitting behind studs...hopefully they can find a place for both to produce on the roster...especially since Cashe is ranked top 20 by intermat...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.