Evansville Semi State Rankings The Final Post. Stats behind the Rankings.

TripleB

Here are some stats that ties in with the rankings.

106: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top ten advanced. Finalists were ranked top 2.  Champ was ranked #1

113: 3 ranked wrestlers in the top ten advanced. Finalists were ranked top 2. Champ was ranked #1. James Pritchett of Ben Davis knocked off the #7 and #6 ranked wrestlers on his way to punching his ticket for next weekend.

120: 4 wrestlers ranked in the top five. Finalists were ranked in the top 2. Champ was ranked #2

126: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top ten advanced. Finalists were ranked #1 and #7. Champ was ranked #1

132: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top ten advanced. Finalists were ranked #1 and #3. Champ was ranked #1

138: 4 wrestlers in the top 4 advanced. Finalists were ranked #1 and #2. Champ was ranked #1. Top four finished according to rankings.

145: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top ten advanced. Finalists were ranked #2 and #6. #1 and #2 met in semis. Champ was ranked #2.

152: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top ten advanced. Finalists were ranked #1 and # 7. Champ was ranked #1

160: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top ten advanced. Finalists were ranked #2 and #3. #1 and #2 met in semis. Champ was ranked #3.

170: 3 ranked wrestlers in the top five advanced. Finalists were ranked #1 and #5. Champ was ranked #1. Bennet Kempf of Mater Dei knocked off the #3 ranked wrestler in the ticket round.

182: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top 4 advanced. Finalists were ranked #1 and #2. Champ was ranked #1. Top 4 finished according to rankings.

195: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top 4 advanced. Finalists were ranked #2 and #4. Champ was ranked #4. This is the weight class I’m most happy about missing.

220: 3 ranked wrestlers in the top 4 advanced. Finalists were ranked #1 and #2. Champ was ranked #1. Top 3 finished according to rankings. Kasha Wilder of Ben Davis knocked off  #6 and #4 ranked wrestlers on way to state.

285: 4 ranked wrestlers in the top ten advanced.  Finalists were ranked #1 and #2. Champ was ranked #2. Top 3 finished in the top 3, just not in order.

53 out of the 56 placers were ranked in the top ten. That’s 95%. Two of the non-ranked qualifiers are from Ben Davis. I guess I’m hiring a Ben Davis consultant next year!

41 out of the 56 placers were ranked in the top four. That’s 73%

9 #1’s won their weight class. That’s only 65%.

The other five champs were ranked #2,#2,#2,#3,#4.

2 #1 vs #2’s happened in the semifinals.

Thanks again everybody it’s been real fun this year doing this. I also got to meet many people this weekend at Evansville. Never hesitate to come up and say hi and tell me how awesome or turrible I am at rankings.

Quinn Harris had an especially fun time badgering me this weekend. Quinn, once again you and your dad are in all of our thoughts and prayers and you go through this rough time. I wish you nothing but the best this weekend as you take the mats!

Best of luck to Madison’s two guys going on this weekend. I don’t mind using this forum to say I’m super proud of everything Jordan Partee and Mitchell Sandlin has accomplished in their 4 years at Madison. Mitchell and Jordan became just the second combination to make the semi-state finals in the same year.  Mitchell Sandlin became just the second semi-state champion in Madison Wrestling History. It’s been an honor and a privilege to be their corner for 3 of those years. Good Luck this weekend!! Of course w/ that coaching staff you two have, you don’t need luck…hahaha…

See everybody at BLF!!

#NoSleepTilBankers

#TakeItToTheBank

Dustin Bentz

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at last weekend and this coming weekends tournaments I'm surprised you have Egli at 106, he's registered in Iowa at 113. And Hudkins at 113, he wrestled 120 at super32. And both were registered a weight class below where they ended up wrestling. That would lead me to believe that Egli will be a 113 and Hudkins at 120.

Having seen Nick Lee wrestle he is definitely worthy of being mentioned for a title. He is significantly better as a freshman than all the recent highly touted freshmen. The thing I notice is that yet again the 113-132 weights are stacked to the gills with wrestlers that can put a late season run together and win a title. Any of the top 2 or 3 from every weight in those weights can pull off a title.

I guess EMD line up is so tough that Branson Schroeder couldn't quite make it. Ranked in top 20 last year as a sophomore. I also don't see Blake Johns from Reitz in the rankings. Any word on these 2 guys.

Both graduated last year.  Rankings had Schroeder incorrectly listed as a sophomore. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.