Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings 1/9

Y2CJ41

132 Brock Braun of Bellmont beat Adam Gordon of Delta  early this year at the Yorktown super dual

Yes he did 4-3, Gordon also lost 4-2 to Fiechter So Wells, and 4-0 to Locke Greenfield Cent. Which makes him 29-3, Braun is solid but notice he lost 10 times so if wondering why he wouldnt be ranked instead of Gordon this could be why.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he did 4-3, Gordon also lost 4-2 to Fiechter So Wells, and 4-0 to Locke Greenfield Cent. Which makes him 29-3, Braun is solid but notice he lost 10 times so if wondering why he wouldnt be ranked instead of Gordon this could be why.

Don't you think the caliber of opponents Braun has faced may have something to do with that?

Don't you think the caliber of opponents Braun has faced may have something to do with that?

Again as stated Braun is a solid wrestler an i never implied the wrestlers whom he lost to were not of high caliber.  But are u stating that Gordon hasnt wrestled high caliber opponents an won in 29 wins?  2 that come to mind are Lincoln from Alexandria and Garcia from Northside.  Hopefully they both stay healthy an possibly meet in regional...good luck to Braun and Gordon..

What are some of the best possible sectional matchups for wrestlers feeding into Ft Wayne semistate:

At Delta:

106 #3 Coy v #4 McCormick

132 #3 Baysinger v #7 Gordon

At Carroll

170 #1 LeFever v #2 Linner

what are some other possible matchups between top semistate wrestlers

What are some of the best possible sectional matchups for wrestlers feeding into Ft Wayne semistate:

At Delta:

106 #3 Coy v #4 McCormick

132 #3 Baysinger v #7 Gordon

At Carroll

170 #1 LeFever v #2 Linner

what are some other possible matchups between top semistate wrestlers

Jay County - Busse vs. Pfister @ 182

.  Bellmont also wrestles some of the toughest school in the state and also goes to the Al Smith.    Bellmonts schedule is way harder compare to delta.

.  Bellmont also wrestles some of the toughest school in the state and also goes to the Al Smith.     Bellmonts schedule is way harder compare to delta.

Just because the "teams" schedule is tougher does not mean that the individual has wrestled a tougher schedule.

132 will be fun to watch at Jay County Regional with Fiechter, Baysinger, Braun and Gordon...

I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he was still sick from mono.  That is too bad he is a great kid and wrestler.

Unfortunately Joe Boots is out for state series due to his illness from mono.  Kid has a tremendous work ethic and took a tough break.  He has been at practice helping out as needed and still is a role model for the younger PH wrestlers. 

In what bizzaro world does a team with a tough schedual happen to schedule teams that are weak in the same wt class

In the bizarro world where not every weight class has a top ranked stud on the team.... you can't make assumptions

Over the course of a whole schedule i think u can. It would be a bizzaro world if all the teams just happened to have a poor 132. Not reality.  Put another way, if you see 9 smelly turds in front of me, i am going to assume the 10th one smells too...i dont need to put my nose on it. 

some of Braun's 10 losses off the top of my head

#1 LeCount-Perry Meridian

#2 Hartman- SB Clay

#4 Krumlauf-Dekalb (2x)

#10 Martsolf-Mishawaka

#11 Broukal-Bloomington South

Noblett-Columbus East

MCclure-Carroll

Braun also lost to Egolf from Columbia City who has a record of 14-13

some of Braun's 10 losses off the top of my head

#1 LeCount-Perry Meridian

#2 Hartman- SB Clay

#4 Krumlauf-Dekalb (2x)

#10 Martsolf-Mishawaka

#11 Broukal-Bloomington South

Noblett-Columbus East

MCclure-Carroll

McClure isn't ranked, what happened in the match?

That makes nine, I can't remember where the 10th is.

I wasn't saying Braun should be SS ranked, just thought if we were going to argue about schedule strength that we might as well see if Braun's competition seemed to be as tough as people were claiming.

While he has some losses to top guys, I am not sure he has any wins (other than the Delta kid) that would allow him to stake his claim to a top 8 spot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.