Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings 1/9

Y2CJ41

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spencer malcolm is stronger than were he is at. my biggest concern is the kid at 170 from union city. he is about a joke and a half there was hype on him last year. Im not sure he made it out of regionals let alone be above a kid such as casey adams.  At 138 is zac yoder the only name you could find at the bottom of the hat? Another one from adams central derek ellinger is he 132 again?

I believe Ellinger was at 126 last year. I am not 100% sure but I know that Derek Roe was at 132 last year for Adams Central.

From Carroll, Steven Cardenas is going to drop to 126, and Tristan Wilson will be back at 152 with Spencer Malcolm at 160.

you are correct... that is where the brackets for the John Hurle Memorial have them listed this weekend...

There will be some FW Semistate possible matchups at John Hurle Memorial this weekend with the following teams:

Angola

Ft. Wayne Carroll

Ft Wayne Wayne

Huntington North

Muncie Southside

• 2 weeks later...

At Muncie Southside Invite this Saturday a few possible matchups with semistate ranked wrestlers:

Coy MS v Pepple EN

Bradley MS v Eicher Leo v Housholder EN

Wilson Leo v Strauch MS v Joest EN

HW

Demuyt EN v Scott-Tanner Northrop v Hager Leo

Last nights Muncie Southside v Jay County dual had a very good match:

195 #2 Garringer v 220 #3 Strauch

The match was tied 8-8 going into the third period.  Garringer pulled out an 12-8 victory.  It was a very good match. 

Love it when a kid bumps up to wrestle the best possible match for him to push himself to get better!  That shows true heart and not someone looking to pad their record!!!

I think it's great too, but it is not always the choice of the kid.  Most coaches with with good dual meet teams will put kids where they can get the most team points over getting the best individual match-up.

I love when kids bump as well.... but Garringer did not bump.. he is simply following his weight chart to get to 195... he is still about 208..

I only say this because Garringer moved really well and looked quicker on his feet than last year despite carrying the extra weight.  When he does get to 195 I think he will have some great tournament matches with Busse... I was very impressed with Garringer...

Jakeb Smith is out for the whole season due to school issues. His cross county rival at Wabash High School also at 285lbs only weighing in at around 238 most of the time, Bryant Miller is tearing it up at 6-1. His pins consist of 15 seconds, 36 seconds, 1:17, and then a decision that should've been a tech fall but didnt get enough points until the last seconds of the match 15-2. I think Miller should be on this rankings too. He is a determined wrestler and is representing a town for the remebrance of their best wrestler Trevor Williams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.