Rankings are updated, check them out!

Y2CJ41

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to tell the Rankings Guy of the incorrect weights so he can adjust them

I'll wait until we actually wrestle, then the weights will be posted for all to see, the other wrestlers I only know of second hand so I'll keep my mouth shut on them as well. Not bitching, just observing that it's hard to get accurate rankings without known weights.

I'll wait until we actually wrestle, then the weights will be posted for all to see, the other wrestlers I only know of second hand so I'll keep my mouth shut on them as well. Not bitching, just observing that it's hard to get accurate rankings without known weights.

No problem, didn't think you were complaining.  Just didn't know if you had accurate weights or not and if you knew who to contact for corrections

I think McKinley and Johnson from PM should be ranked 1st in their respective weights.

McKinley is a beast but he is bumping up Molloy is basically defending his state title from 130 last year at 132 this year.  I'd say until someone beats him keep Molloy on top.  That will be a great match both wrestlers strong, technical, and aggressive could be one to remember under the lights. 

Reitz has 6 ranked in the top 20 without Vanhook at 120 yet so that would make 7 in the top 20. Mater Dei has 2 without 120 so if Goebel is ranked at 120 that would be 3. Just wondering how MD ranks 7 spots higher than Reitz?

Will Johns actually make 113, VanHook 120 and Moody 126?  From what I've been hearing that probably wont happen.  I would think MD has at least a couple of guys who could make the rankings by years end. 

The reason for Molloy over McKinley is that Molloy basically beat him at freestyle state...take out the absolutely horrible call in the first period and it is a two period win for Molloy.

I can't believe you actually posted this. He "basically beat him" in a non-IHSAA event because of a call by a volunteer referee? If that is the type of criteria for these rankings, then none of them have any validity whatsoever. This sounds like one of the stories MattM mentioned about the CCC seeding meetings.

They are both studs, but they can't both be #1 if they are in the same weight. If you are going to argue one over the other, please come up with something better than this.

As with all Poll's/Rankings, these are just opinions....it just happens to be that the Rankings Guys is the official post for this forum...I am sure everybody has their own opinions and could site numerous (for what they appear to be) errors,   these opinions, if backed by sufficient reasoning/statistics probably could get this changed, but these guys spend alot of time at tourneys ect to have a VERY EDUCATED opinion thus the rankings as stated...you have to take all things into consideration, whether it be ISWA, IHSAA or National tournaments into consideration, but the ONLY thing that matters at the end of the day is where you end up at Conseco...

Darrell

Caleb - it appears you advocate for no rankings? ! ...  If the only way to make a judgement is by head to head, then why is McKinley being seconded because of someones OPINION to disregard 1/3 of a match at their own discretion? I believe they had a head to head...

This is like saying you chose to disregard whichever quater of the Packers game suits them best to prove they aren't the best team in the NFL.

Caleb - it appears you advocate for no rankings? ! ... 

Pretty sure I never said anything like that...? I said a big deal shouldn't be made about it. They're both two great wrestlers and either could beat the the other one on a certain day. When you're that close together it's hard to rank unless one has beaten the other during the season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.