Wrestlers/Teams To Look Out For Next Season?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't overlook Mater Dei.  They're top 2 or 3 every year for 20 years.  This year will be no different.

In the past 20 years nobody who has any knowledge of Indiana wrestling has ever overlooked MD. If they have they need to just give up and shoot hoops.

Hntington North is a team everyone sems to be over looking. I know that they loss Downey, Evans and two other senior's but they have managed to replace their loss of state qualifier kids each year. When they loss Cooper they replaced him with Mason who in his first year on varsity went to state and the same can be said with four yr varsity statred Randel who was replaced by Jolas a freshman who made it to state. With their core groop back and some new kids coming in, they should be decent to watch. I know that they gave Bellmont a scare in their dual last year. 

With Boots and Simms gone who does Mater Dei have that state finals material? Reitz does look Pretty strong.

They actually lost a few semi-state qualifying seniors. But they have some proven wrestlers left such as Goebel, Lannert, and Wright. After this season they would be considered state hopefuls next season.   Plus, some other solid underclassman and a few JV that couldnt crack the upperclassman heavy line up that will strengthen the team side of things.  

• 2 months later...

MD should still be solid.  I don't know if they can upset PM, but I never would have thought LN would have beaten MD after MD beat CP either.

106 - Roeleder 9

113 - Seng 10

120 - Goebel 12

126 - Pierre 10

132 - Adler 12

138 - Lannert 12

145 - Schroeder 11

152 - Parkinson ?? 11

160 - Bassmeier 12

170 - Schneider 11

182 - Brandenstein 12

195 - Maurer 12

220 - Collins 11

285 - Wright 11

This is sort of a guess of who will be wrestling where.  They will have some new faces this year, but they should all put up a fight on the mat this year.

My opinion only, I see Perry as a heavy favorite unless injuries hit them and they should be better than last year :o, adding Mclurg (not sure how he spells it) & Bradon James, absoultly no weak spots. Penn, CP, Mishawaka, Cathedral( with Gilum, lil Harvey, & Smiley added) & of course EMD. The above mentioned would be my top 5-6, but injuries could change it all, and HSE, Roncalli, Warren could all make some noise...

Truth be told...Lawrence North had 8 varsity seniors graduate last year, it was always going to be a rebuilding year regardless...still waiting on a coaching announcement, hopefully next week.  Both Bostons returning, Sparks, a couple of seniors, a couple of wrestlers under the radar, probably a strong team of 8 to 10...losing BJames really hurt, wish him well.  Cathedral looks strong to win the sectional, HSE should win the regional...can't wait to see great wrestling this year...Watch for a heavyweight from a small town in northern Indiana (Bremen) named Hall to go all the way...

Thanks just asking, no disrespect meant how did Wright do last year?

I believe Wright had a victory over Pratt from Jeffersonville last year at team regionals correct me if I'm wrong. MD normally does a good job of getting jv wrestlers to step up as well. I know last year they had an Impressive JV 160 that filled in for Simms at Jeffersonville. I believe he defeated Marlin from Jeff their.

MD should still be solid.  I don't know if they can upset PM, but I never would have thought LN would have beaten MD after MD beat CP either.

106 - Roeleder 9

113 - Seng 10

120 - Goebel 12

126 - Pierre 10

132 - Adler 12

138 - Lannert 12

145 - Schroeder 11

152 - Parkinson ?? 11

160 - Bassmeier 12

170 - Schneider 11

182 - Brandenstein 12

195 - Maurer 12

220 - Collins 11

285 - Wright 11

This is sort of a guess of who will be wrestling where.  They will have some new faces this year, but they should all put up a fight on the mat this year.

Maurer? What's up with that?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.