A proud coach just wanting to let people know

jpt189

Not that many people are concerned, but I am happy and want to tell everyone I can.  The Washington Hatchets Jr. High Team finished theur reular season tonight with a record of 9-2, the first winning season in junior high history. Along the way, the Hatchets defeated Boonville and Princeton, which we beleive is the first time we had beat either team.  Our two losses were to Jasper and Gibson Southern, two great programs. I know this may not seem like a big accomplishment to anybody, but for the parents and fans of the Hatchets, this is a great feeling and makes everyone very optomistic about the program's future.  I remember the days when this team was losing 108-0, but those days have passed by. So here is a shout out to my boys.... CONGRATS HATCHETS! Coach T. is very proud of you and I'm looking forward to seeing you 8th graders in high school next year.

John Thompson- Washington High School Wrestling

Impressive turn around from several years of losing seasons to a 9-2 record this year.  No doubt a testement to the hard work of both the coaching staff and wrestlers.  With that record I'm sure they have a solid group of 8th graders coming up to help the high school out next season.

I don't trust anyone named Thompson from Washington.  ;D

But seriously, congratulations & if you guys ever have a ISWA tournament in Washington I want to know about it, my parents have never seen my son wrestle so we'd make the trip.

-Ed Briggeman

A traditional power has to start somewhere. Congrats on taking the 1st big step in that direction. That feat speaks well about the hard work and dedication of both the wrestlers, and coaches of this program.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.