Rank these top freshman...

loshe8

How would you rank these freshman studs compared to each other?  ???

I guess this is similar to the best pound for pound wrestlers only they are all freshman...I realize this may be difficult because they are in different weight classes, but I'm interested to see what your thoughts are.

In no particular order, here are the 11 freshman to rank...

-Jason Tsirtis (125 pounds)

-Kyle Ayersman (103 pounds)

-Brendan Campbell (103 pounds)

-Quincy Richey (130 pounds)

-Anthony Quiroz (152 pounds)

-Conner Mullins (112 pounds)

-Devon Jackson (112 pounds)

-Tyler Willis (160 pounds)

-Cody Phillips (103 pounds)

-Blake Reuger (125 pounds)

-Jared McKinley (103 pounds)

1-Jason Tsirtis

2-Anthony Quiroz

3-Tyler Willis

4-Connor Mullins

5-Brenden Cambell

6-Devon Jackson

7-Kyle Ayersman

8-Quincy Richey

9-Cody Philips

10-Blake Rueger

11-Jared McKinly

I haven't seen all these guys wrestle in person, but I've seen video and results from Tsirtsis and Quiroz and they're both excellent in the speed and technique departments. I don't know many people who would argue there is a better overall freshman than Jason Tsirtsis, in spite of the fact he will never have his brother's record. I have all the respect for the Tsirtsis family.

I have to add one more name to the list.

1-3  Jason Tsirtsis, Connor Mullins, Jarred Brooks. top 3 freshmen because they are the only 3 to win MS State 3X

4      Anthony "Ace" Quiroz

5      Brenden Campbell

6      Cody Phillips

7      Tyler Willis

8      Quincy Richey

9      Kyle Ayersman

10    Devon Jackson

11    Jared  McKinly

12    Blake Ruegrer

Most of those kids will be wrestling other freshman and sophomores all season long, but a kid like Quiroz will be wrestling juniors and seniors.  I would rank Quiroz in the top five because of that. 

Tsirtis has wrestled Cashe, Napules and Wright, they are all upper classmen, so he's definitely my #1.

I have to add one more name to the list.

1-3   Jason Tsirtsis, Connor Mullins, Jarred Brooks. top 3 freshmen because they are the only 3 to win MS State 3X

4      Anthony "Ace" Quiroz

5      Brenden Campbell

6      Cody Phillips

7      Tyler Willis

8      Quincy Richey

9      Kyle Ayersman

10    Devon Jackson

11    Jared  McKinly

12    Blake Ruegrer

I think it's pretty bold to have Ayersman @ 9th he has had quality wins

i honestly could not throw down a ranking order cuz i have not had the op to watch them all,, buut i would have to say 'lil t-shirt first  becuz of the guys he has wrestled, but i did get to watch Quiroz tonight at M-ville  and wow he is slick  and does not at all wrestle like a frosh, he will be fun to watch in the future as will all these "fab freshman"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.