Best wrestler to never advance to state

WHITE ANGEL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is very true that he always came in with a great record, much in part to the schedule full of dish rags he wrestled. Daniel Young manhandled him though in the ticket round last year via a 20-5 technical fall if I recall correctly.

Not the best but some good ones IMO from the 90's NIC

Fogerty - Penn

Tubbs - SB LaSalle

Godsey - SB Clay  (lost to Berndt MISH in a great Reg. Championship then drew Warner from Portage in Ticket Round)

How about Regional champs that got a bad draw and didnt make it?

Like Joey Smith, who fought a good match against Hall last year and won, but had Galka in the ticket round.

How unlucky is that!

Same thing with Reinoehl. Faced Young from CMA and ended beating him

and drew Roach in the ticket round.

Both Young and Hall made it to state

Just think, if they had won regionals, they might not have gone to state last year.  :o

Josh Birge (Frankfort)

State Champ (112) in '98 as a junior ...... didnt make it out of Merrillville semistate his senior year.

ugh thats gotta be heartbreaking

Reminds me of Elvidge from Warsaw

the guy got 5th, 8th, SQ, SSQ in that order

he just technically got worse

well not really, but idk.

Christian Baer of South Adams,  graduated in 2006, Baer was a E.C.I.C. Champion, A.C.A.C. Champion, Sectional Champion, Regional Runner-Up, and Placed 5th at the I.H.S.A.A. Semi-State, making him a 1st Alternate for the State Finals in 2006.  Christian was also selected 1st Team All-State Academic team, with a GPA of 3.98/4.0, 4X Honor Roll and 2x National Honor Society Member.  Christian was also a 2X team captain.  Baer holds South Adams' ALL TIME Wins & Falls Record.  Christian Baer

Josh Birge (Frankfort)

State Champ (112) in '98 as a junior ...... didnt make it out of Merrillville semistate his senior year.

I remember this match. Bradbury/Birge.  Lots of flurries.  Very entertaining match.  I think White Angel was going for guys who never made it to state in their high school career.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.