Jump to content
gogoplata89

New Castle Semi State Predictions

Recommended Posts

I can't believe that this topic hasn't been started yet. In the spirit of fun, I will put my picks for the weights we don't have a wrestler. Good luck this weekend everyone!

 

106: Bailey (Cathedral), Cottey (Perry Meridan), Simone (Hamilton Southeastern), Hadley (Lapel)

138: Melloh (Cathedral), Moore (Beech Grove), Harrington (North Central), Strueder (Fishers)

152: Wagner (Zionsville), Rodgers (Cathedral), Browning (Franklin County), Warren (Perry Meridian)

160: Eiteljorge (Carmel), Coffman (Union County), Davis (Perry Meridian), Mosconi (Cathedral)

182: Allred (Shenandoah), Rolfes (Lawrenceburg), Below (Perry Meridian), Gobeyn (Zionsville)

195: Penola (Zionsville), Hansen (Roncalli), Bohman (Franklin County), Bynum (Pendleton Heights)

220: Parris (Lawrenceburg), Burton (New Palestine), Cornwell (Elwood), McClaine (Lebanon)

285: Stone (Elwood), Adams (North Montgomery), Fuller (Zionsville), Greene (Beech Grove)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

106: Bailey, Cottey, Simone, Hadley

113: Lowery, Ross, Black, Eldred

120: Fair, Mattingly, Rose, Stapleton

126: Viduya, Smiley, Hall, Phillips

132: Noehre, Mosconi, Rowlett, Wilkerson

138: Melloh, Harrington, Mancera, Strueder

145: Slivka, Graves, Lohrey, Ball

152: Wagner, Rodgers, Warren, Browning

160: Eiteljorge, Coffman, Davis, Mosconi

170: Warren, Lowe, Klettheimer, Mahan

182: Allred, Rolfes, Gobeyn, Below

195: Penola, Hansen, Bynum, Delph

220: Parris, Cornwell, McClaine, Burton

HWT: Koors, Adams, Williams, Obst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leaveitonthemat said:

106: Bailey, Cottey, Simone, Hadley

113: Lowery, Ross, Black, Eldred

120: Fair, Mattingly, Rose, Stapleton

126: Viduya, Smiley, Hall, Phillips

132: Noehre, Mosconi, Rowlett, Wilkerson

138: Melloh, Harrington, Mancera, Strueder

145: Slivka, Graves, Lohrey, Ball

152: Wagner, Rodgers, Warren, Browning

160: Eiteljorge, Coffman, Davis, Mosconi

170: Warren, Lowe, Klettheimer, Mahan

182: Allred, Rolfes, Gobeyn, Below

195: Penola, Hansen, Bynum, Delph

220: Parris, Cornwell, McClaine, Burton

HWT: Koors, Adams, Williams, Obst

Just a side note at 126, Phillips either broke his arm or dislocated his elbow in regional (it was pretty gruesome). I don’t know his status but I would be shocked if he wrestles Saturday and wish him a speedy recovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 145, while the safe bet is Slivka, I refuse to count out Servies in the probable ticket round bout. He’s a tough, experienced senior, and he’ll give everything in the tank. The match-up is reminiscent of the Brookbank/Melloh clash two years ago that resulted in the Cathedral wrestler and medalist being knocked out. Saturday will be a fun day of wrestling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gogoplata89 said:

I can't believe that this topic hasn't been started yet. In the spirit of fun, I will put my picks for the weights we don't have a wrestler. Good luck this weekend everyone!

 

106: Bailey (Cathedral), Cottey (Perry Meridan), Simone (Hamilton Southeastern), Hadley (Lapel)

138: Melloh (Cathedral), Moore (Beech Grove), Harrington (North Central), Strueder (Fishers)

152: Wagner (Zionsville), Rodgers (Cathedral), Browning (Franklin County), Warren (Perry Meridian)

160: Eiteljorge (Carmel), Coffman (Union County), Davis (Perry Meridian), Mosconi (Cathedral)

182: Allred (Shenandoah), Rolfes (Lawrenceburg), Below (Perry Meridian), Gobeyn (Zionsville)

195: Penola (Zionsville), Hansen (Roncalli), Bohman (Franklin County), Bynum (Pendleton Heights)

220: Parris (Lawrenceburg), Burton (New Palestine), Cornwell (Elwood), McClaine (Lebanon)

285: Stone (Elwood), Adams (North Montgomery), Fuller (Zionsville), Greene (Beech Grove)

Thanks for getting this topic started Coach and good luck to your 6  wrestlers this weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a few notes and tough matches 

 

113- Ross and Oliver in ticket

113- Unfortunate that Black and Lowery on same side

120-Walendzak and Rose in ticket

126-Ragle and Smiley in 1st round (Winner vs Johnson in ticket)

132- Mosconi and Freije in ticket

138-Kitko vs Strueder in ticket

138- Mancera vs Moore in ticket

145-Slivka vs Servies in ticket

152- Wagner vs Unseld in ticket

160-Davis vs Berkebile in ticket

160- Bottom side of bracket is tough

182-Below vs Hart in ticket

182- Allred vs Roudebush in ticket

182-Morgan vs Rolfes in ticket

195- Penola vs Lane in ticket

220- Parris and Guhl in ticket,

220- Unfortunately McClaine on same side as Parris

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

126 Phillips is out this weekend. Which if im not mistaken makes Payne from Lincoln the alternate. Ragle gets moved up to 2 seed, and will not face smiley in first round. Tough break for the Centerville freshman, but he will be back next year and hungry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheFuncle said:

126 Phillips is out this weekend. Which if im not mistaken makes Payne from Lincoln the alternate. Ragle gets moved up to 2 seed, and will not face smiley in first round. Tough break for the Centerville freshman, but he will be back next year and hungry.

What a break for Ragle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gogoplata89 said:

What a break for Ragle.

This absolutely stinks for a very good Centerville freshman that is fun to watch. But, although it's a break for Ragle, for sure - it's also probably a relief for Smiley as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheFuncle said:

126 Phillips is out this weekend. Which if im not mistaken makes Payne from Lincoln the alternate. Ragle gets moved up to 2 seed, and will not face smiley in first round. Tough break for the Centerville freshman, but he will be back next year and hungry.

Man, that sure is a bummer. I had both Gabe and Elijah punching their tickets to state this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the 106 from Centerville is out. Richmond’s Sean Alexander is the alternate. Tough break for Phillips too. He had a great shot to punch his ticket this year.

Edited by LionsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

106 Cottey, Simone, Bailey, Hadley

113 Eldred, Lowery, Moseley, Oliver

120 Fair, Mattingly, Rose, Stapleton

126 Johnson, Holman, Hall

132 Mosconi, Noehre, Peavler, Rowlett

138 Melloh, Mancera, Strueder, Ragle

145 Ball, Slivka, Graves, Lohrey

152 Rodgers, Wagner, Browning, Lowe

160 Davis, Groves, Eiteljorge, Masconi

170 Warren, Mahan, Klettheimer, Lowe

182 Hart, Gobeyn, Williams, Allred

195 Penola, Hansen, Bohman, Bynum

220 Parris, Cornwell,McClaine, Burton

285 Obst, Williams, Adams, Fuller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MountieDad said:

106 Cottey, Simone, Bailey, Hadley

113 Eldred, Lowery, Moseley, Oliver

120 Fair, Mattingly, Rose, Stapleton

126 Johnson, Holman, Hall

132 Mosconi, Noehre, Peavler, Rowlett

138 Melloh, Mancera, Strueder, Ragle

145 Ball, Slivka, Graves, Lohrey

152 Rodgers, Wagner, Browning, Lowe

160 Davis, Groves, Eiteljorge, Masconi

170 Warren, Mahan, Klettheimer, Lowe

182 Hart, Gobeyn, Williams, Allred

195 Penola, Hansen, Bohman, Bynum

220 Parris, Cornwell,McClaine, Burton

285 Obst, Williams, Adams, Fuller

Allred will pin the field @182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MountieDad said:

106 Cottey, Simone, Bailey, Hadley

113 Eldred, Lowery, Moseley, Oliver

120 Fair, Mattingly, Rose, Stapleton

126 Johnson, Holman, Hall

132 Mosconi, Noehre, Peavler, Rowlett

138 Melloh, Mancera, Strueder, Ragle

145 Ball, Slivka, Graves, Lohrey

152 Rodgers, Wagner, Browning, Lowe

160 Davis, Groves, Eiteljorge, Masconi

170 Warren, Mahan, Klettheimer, Lowe

182 Hart, Gobeyn, Williams, Allred

195 Penola, Hansen, Bohman, Bynum

220 Parris, Cornwell,McClaine, Burton

285 Obst, Williams, Adams, Fuller

 

AJ Black will be all business too

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Allred will pin the field @182

Without a doubt. For the people that aren’t familiar with him, they will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MountieDad said:

106 Cottey, Simone, Bailey, Hadley

113 Eldred, Lowery, Moseley, Oliver

120 Fair, Mattingly, Rose, Stapleton

126 Johnson, Holman, Hall

132 Mosconi, Noehre, Peavler, Rowlett

138 Melloh, Mancera, Strueder, Ragle

145 Ball, Slivka, Graves, Lohrey

152 Rodgers, Wagner, Browning, Lowe

160 Davis, Groves, Eiteljorge, Masconi

170 Warren, Mahan, Klettheimer, Lowe

182 Hart, Gobeyn, Williams, Allred

195 Penola, Hansen, Bohman, Bynum

220 Parris, Cornwell,McClaine, Burton

285 Obst, Williams, Adams, Fuller

I will be shocked if Ball beats any of those other 3 listed with him at 145. Feel free to tell me to eat crow if it happens, but that class is stacked at this semistate. Ball does have a great draw though to advance. Lohrey has pinned Ball’s potential 2nd round opponent (Humbert 41-3) twice with ease. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wchew20 said:

I will be shocked if Ball beats any of those other 3 listed with him at 145. Feel free to tell me to eat crow if it happens, but that class is stacked at this semistate. Ball does have a great draw though to advance. Lohrey has pinned Ball’s potential 2nd round opponent (Humbert 41-3) twice with ease. 

A little bias here, but I believe he will put on a show.  Maybe it will be the two undefeated at 145 for a championship, you just never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MountieDad said:

A little bias here, but I believe he will put on a show.  Maybe it will be the two undefeated at 145 for a championship, you just never know. 

I looked at Track and he is 22-11; went 1-2 at IHPO losing by good margins. Good luck to the young man.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the chances at 132 that the entire regional at Perry advances to state? Are there any other weight classes that have a chance to send the entire regional to State?

Edited by Raven27
To add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.