New Castle Semi State Predictions

gogoplata89

5 hours ago, MountieDad said:

A little bias here, but I believe he will put on a show.  Maybe it will be the two undefeated at 145 for a championship, you just never know. 

Just curious,  Not trying to take anything away from him, going undefeated through regional is impressive anywhere, but has he wrestled any state ranked kids? He didn’t have any of his wins posted? 

12 minutes ago, wchew20 said:

Just curious,  Not trying to take anything away from him, going undefeated through regional is impressive anywhere, but has he wrestled any state ranked kids? He didn’t have any of his wins posted? 

I believe he wrestled Unseld from Lawrence North, and Pack from Culver Academy, but Sellmer was injured when they wrestled Floyd Central. He did beat Ellis preseason at Calumet, but that was preseason and I just can't motivate him like his coaches do. We just didn't see many ranked wrestlers this year, but that's what this time of year is for. I'm just excited to watch it unfold, I and wish everyone good luck. 

9 minutes ago, MountieDad said:

I believe he wrestled Unseld from Lawrence North, and Pack from Culver Academy, but Sellmer was injured when they wrestled Floyd Central. He did beat Ellis preseason at Calumet, but that was preseason and I just can't motivate him like his coaches do. We just didn't see many ranked wrestlers this year, but that's what this time of year is for. I'm just excited to watch it unfold, I and wish everyone good luck. 

Semistate at the Fieldhouse is a great event! Good luck to you and any of your boys. 

3 hours ago, MountieDad said:

Unseld and ball have not wrestled this year. Unselds been at 52 all year but track has his name at 45 and 52 for some events. Ball did beat LNs 45 

106: Bailey, Cottey, Hadley, Simone

113: Black, Eldred, Lowery, Oliver

120: Fair, Walendzak, Mattingly, Stapleton

126: Hall, Smiley, Viduya, Ragle

132: Noehre, Mosconi, Phillips, Wilkerson

138: Melloh, Moore, Walton, Coleman

145: Lohrey, Groves, Servies, Ball

152: Wagner, Browning, Rodgers, Warren

160: Eiteljorge, Coffman, Berkebile, Mosconi

170: Warren, Mahan, Lowe, Klettheimer

182: Allred, Below, Morgan, Gobeyn

195: Penola, Hansen, Irick, Bohman

220: Parris, Cornwell, McClaine, Burton

285: Obst, Fuller, Adams, Williams

Picked a few upsets along the way. Should be a great day of wrestling!

138 will be fun to watch.  Lots of kids that have all beaten each other with good potential.  I wouldn't sleep on Harrington and Mancera at that weight class.  Harrington gave White all he could take last year going into overtime with the State champ that almost wasn't.  He also has had close matches with Melloh.  Mancera beat Moore last year in ticket round and also beat him pretty easily in county this year and hung with Combest at the Al Smith. Both have had a couple losses to guys in the bracket, but have even more high quality wins.

1 hour ago, leaveitonthemat said:

138 will be fun to watch.  Lots of kids that have all beaten each other with good potential.  I wouldn't sleep on Harrington and Mancera at that weight class.  Harrington gave White all he could take last year going into overtime with the State champ that almost wasn't.  He also has had close matches with Melloh.  Mancera beat Moore last year in ticket round and also beat him pretty easily in county this year and hung with Combest at the Al Smith. Both have had a couple losses to guys in the bracket, but have even more high quality wins.

So true. Jake Garcia also is very good. He lost to Harrington but majored Mancera. He also beat Kitko. His record is deceiving as all his losses are to either Mulkey, Westfield's 138, Avon's Miranda, Melloh, and Harrington. Some more than once. Should be an absolutely fantastic opener between him and Lowery tomorrow, with the winner getting another shot at Melloh. 

Yep lots of guys who are right there.  Looks like Garcia got a tough draw with Melloh in the ticket, but you never know with injuries and upsets.  A few years ago it happened to you guys.  John Tatom was beating Riley McClurg in the ticket match and was injured and could not continue.  McClurg advanced and caught fire upsetting everyone on his way to a state title.  

White was injured with a knee to the head in the Harrington match.   Was not the same wrestler the last 3 matches.   Showed he was the best  in the state the next week.   Is improving everyday at Purdue.   Some coaches and wrestlers saw that in  person at University of Indy.  

My comment wasn't a knock on White by any means.  Everyone knew he was hurt by the bandage on his head.  That still doesn't negate the fact that Harrington wrestled a good match and was very close to eliminating White in the ticket match.  I bet there are some kids that wish he would have!  White wrestled some of my favorite matches at state last year and I am glad to hear he is doing well on a solid Purdue team.  Side note, you have to love how Lydy is wrestling this year!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.