State of Indiana has 3 Olympians

• MattM changed the title to State of Indiana has 3 Olympians
On 4/20/2024 at 8:10 PM, MattM said:

Mason Parris, Sarah Hildebrandt and Kayla Miracle all make the U.S. Olympic team.  Great job gentleman and ladies.   

A few other Indiana natives also has a solid showing at the Olympic trials. 

If Hildy gets another Medal: GOAT Status on 🔒.

Does Parris cement himself as the Indiana GOAT if he medals in Paris? Dude is racking up quite the resume comparative to our other legends. Tsirtsis, Angel, Red, Howe, Lee, Mendez, et. al never made an Olympic Squad, just saying. 

THEY ARE TRAITORS DO NOT LAUD THEM!

(clearly a joke Indiana doin it out here) 

How many Indiana Natives have medaled at the Olympics, I know Sarah has once and i dunno if we can take credit for gable.Im sure Im missing some older guys cause im not even 1% of TAE so i wont know 

2 hours ago, Fabio Jr. said:

THEY ARE TRAITORS DO NOT LAUD THEM!

(clearly a joke Indiana doin it out here) 

How many Indiana Natives have medaled at the Olympics, I know Sarah has once and i dunno if we can take credit for gable.Im sure Im missing some older guys cause im not even 1% of TAE so i wont know 

If only there was a website
https://indianamat.com/index.php?/history/worlds.html/

2021 Kayla Miracle- Culver Academies
Event: Olympic Womens Freestyle Championship
Weight: 62kg
Place: 12th

2021 Sarah Hildebrandt- Penn
Event: Olympic Womens Freestyle Championship
Weight: 50kg
Place: 3rd

2021 Stevan Micic- Hanover Central
Event: Olympic Freestyle Championship
Weight: 57kg
Place: 14th

1988 David Butler Muncie Northside
Event: Olympic Greco-Roman Championship
Weight: 74kg
Place: Qualifier

1976 Pete Lee- Muncie Central
Event: Olympic Greco-Roman Championship
Weight: 100kg
Place: 5th

1936 Richard Voliva- Bloomington South
Event: Olympic Freestyle Championship
Weight: 79kg
Place: 2nd

On 4/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, ILUV2PIN said:

Does Parris cement himself as the Indiana GOAT if he medals in Paris? Dude is racking up quite the resume comparative to our other legends. Tsirtsis, Angel, Red, Howe, Lee, Mendez, et. al never made an Olympic Squad, just saying. 

Right behind Sarah Hilderbrandt.

I have Parris as the GOAT even if he doesn't medal (which would be a huge upset if he doesn't come home with a medal).  

• 3x state champ, 1 loss in HS
  • NCAA champ, Hodge winner
  • Age group world champ
  • Sr world medalist
  • US Olympian

Sarah Hildebrant is the women's GOAT without a doubt.  But Parris is the overall GOAT at the moment.  And I do suspect that Jesse Mendez's final resume will place him above Parris when its all said and done.

5 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

... And I do suspect that Jesse Mendez's final resume will place him above Parris when its all said and done.

I believe you are correct if Mendez continues tracking on his current path.

4X HS State Champ, NCAA Champ as a true sophomore & competed very well on the senior level at the latest Olympic Trials beating McKenna, Green & Diakomihalis then only losing to Retherford 3-2.

Very impressive for someone who is only 20 or 21 years old.

10 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

I have Parris as the GOAT even if he doesn't medal (which would be a huge upset if he doesn't come home with a medal).  

• Age group world champ
  • Sr world medalist
  • US Olympian

Sarah Hildebrant is the women's GOAT without a doubt.  But Parris is the overall GOAT at the moment.  And I do suspect that Jesse Mendez's final resume will place him above Parris when its all said and done.

Sarah Hildebrandt

College: 2015 WCWA national champion at 123 pounds for King University… 2014 WCWA national champion at 123 pounds.

2013 Pan American Wrestling Championships Panama City, Panama1st Freestyle 55 kg

2015 Pan American Wrestling Championships Santiago, Chile1st Freestyle 55 kg

2018 Pan American Wrestling Championships Lima, Peru1st Freestyle 53 kg

World Championships Budapest, Hungary 2nd Freestyle 53 kg

2019 Pan American Wrestling Championships Buenos Aires, Argentina 1stFreestyle 53 kg

Pan American Games Lima, Peru 1st Freestyle 53 kg

2021 Pan American Wrestling Championships Guatemala City, Guatemala 1st Freestyle 50 kg

Summer Olympics Tokyo, Japan 3rd Freestyle 50 kg

World Championships Oslo, Norway 2nd Freestyle 50 kg

2022 Pan American Wrestling Championships Acapulco, Mexico 1st Freestyle 50 kg

World Championships Belgrade, Serbia 3rd Freestyle 50 kg

2023 Pan American Wrestling Championships Buenos Aires, Argentina 1st Freestyle 50 kg

2024 Olympic Team Trials Champion 50kg

Woman or man: if you have these credentials you're THE GOAT.

On 4/24/2024 at 2:38 PM, ReformedPoster said:

• Age group world champ
  • Sr world medalist
  • US Olympian

He's not a huge medal favorite. He'll come in as the 4th best guy and capable of beating anyone--but if brackets work out with him on the same side as 2 of the Big 3, he has to get an upset to medal.

AMENDMENT: I just researched and saw that ranking points should be locked in with Mason and the Big 3 as the 4 seeds. That will mean he can medal without beating one of them and that he's a clear medal favorite. I disagree that a loss would be a "huge" upset because the rise of new, young monsters, along with upsets by savvy vets, are commonplace internationally--but him not medalling would be an upset if the draws hold.

Edited by maligned

15 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Sarah Hildebrandt

College: 2015 WCWA national champion at 123 pounds for King University… 2014 WCWA national champion at 123 pounds.

2013 Pan American Wrestling Championships Panama City, Panama1st Freestyle 55 kg

2015 Pan American Wrestling Championships Santiago, Chile1st Freestyle 55 kg

2018 Pan American Wrestling Championships Lima, Peru1st Freestyle 53 kg

World Championships Budapest, Hungary 2nd Freestyle 53 kg

2019 Pan American Wrestling Championships Buenos Aires, Argentina 1stFreestyle 53 kg

Pan American Games Lima, Peru 1st Freestyle 53 kg

2021 Pan American Wrestling Championships Guatemala City, Guatemala 1st Freestyle 50 kg

Summer Olympics Tokyo, Japan 3rd Freestyle 50 kg

World Championships Oslo, Norway 2nd Freestyle 50 kg

2022 Pan American Wrestling Championships Acapulco, Mexico 1st Freestyle 50 kg

2023 Pan American Wrestling Championships Buenos Aires, Argentina 1st Freestyle 50 kg

2024 Olympic Team Trials Champion 50kg

Woman or man: if you have these credentials you're THE GOAT.

Agree to disagree.

Sarah Hildebrandt is the undisputed Indiana women's GOAT.  There are levels to this.  This is akin to calling Caitlyn Clark the basketball GOAT. 

8 hours ago, Dave Cloud said:

And a coach! Katie Kriebel is the assistant coach for the Senior Women's National Wrestling Team. She will be working with the team before the Olympics and in Paris. So proud of all these Forever Hoosiers!

That adds to Indiana’s wrestling Olympians. We’re putting a squad together for Paris.