State Tickets

26 minutes ago, indygirl said:

Did they check ID and credit card?  What’s interesting is the app now has the pop up stating Will Call only  but yesterday it didn’t. We are stuck with 3 tickets all session as we thought no biggie we can sell or transfer. Now we can’t. Ughhhh 

Yep, I’m sitting on 2 all session tickets that I can’t transfer to people who need them. Really convenient. 

48 minutes ago, J7192 said:

I have 2 extra for Friday only, if you're still looking. I picked up physical tix today & can meet you this evening if necessary. 

Thank you for the offer, but I have already purchased tickets. 

Convinced after looking at the tickets available in All Session and Session 1 that tickets should only be sold in All Session or day 1 and day 2.   The different sessions seem to be killing attendance and making it harder to get tickets. 

IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4920.jpeg

Edited by awill0352

1 minute ago, awill0352 said:

Convinced after looking at the tickets available in All Session and Session 1 that tickets should wait her only be sold in All Session or day 1 and day 2.   The different sessions seem to be killing attendance and making it harder to get tickets. 

IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4920.jpeg

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Sorry typo.    There are tons of session 1 tickets available.   But just a very small handful of all session tickets available.    Why don’t they just make every ticket an all session ticket?  Or at worst have a Friday ticket and a Saturday ticket but no all session ticket.   What’s the benefit to having 3 different session tickets and an all session ticket?   Make it make sense.  

2 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

Sorry typo.    There are tons of session 1 tickets available.   But just a very small handful of all session tickets available.    Why don’t they just make every ticket an all session ticket?  Or at worst have a Friday ticket and a Saturday ticket but no all session ticket.   What’s the benefit to having 3 different session tickets and an all session ticket?   Make it make sense.  

The point is probably money related. Now people have to pay $45 before fees instead of $30 to attend all 3 sessions. They should probably have more all session tickets then 1 session. 

1 hour ago, awill0352 said:

Convinced after looking at the tickets available in All Session and Session 1 that tickets should only be sold in All Session or day 1 and day 2.   The different sessions seem to be killing attendance and making it harder to get tickets. 

IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4920.jpeg

Agreed I think we got screwed if this chart is accurate.

So even though we were told that the tickets would convert to electronic tickets, they are still will call only? I have tickets for my group, but will not be able to be at state until Saturday. How do I transfer my tickets?

1 hour ago, Thor said:

So even though we were told that the tickets would convert to electronic tickets, they are still will call only? I have tickets for my group, but will not be able to be at state until Saturday. How do I transfer my tickets?

I have a feeling a bunch of people won’t be able to get in because the right person won’t be able to pick up their tickets. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Give me your wallet, the credit card you paid with, and your driver's license...

Realistically, I'd say call the Ford Center and ask what you can do to verify you are having someone else that your are authorizing to pick them up for you.

2 minutes ago, littlevito said:

I have a feeling a bunch of people won’t be able to get in because the right person won’t be able to pick up their tickets. 

Exactly. Such BS. How many people will miss their kid wrestle because they’re stuck in line going through will call? Is this just the controlling IHSAA trying to keep people from reselling or stub hub from buying up tickets like last year? 🤦‍♂️ 

I have 3 Friday and 3 Saturday morning session tickets I would love to transfer to someone as a pay it forward gesture. We were blessed last night and I would like to do the same. 
I have 3 Friday session tickets in section 117 (1) & (2), 3 Saturday morning sessions sections 109 (2) and 117 (1)

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I would call Ford Center and see what you can do to have someone else pick up your tickets.   They said All Session tickets are Will Call only and that was a Ticketmaster/IHSAA decision. 

Will Call booth employees were super friendly and understanding last night.  Be nice to them.  Ticketmaster screwed the pooch on this deal and unfortunately Ford Center employees are taking that wrath for it.

Multiple pages of concerns every year since 2020 about tickets should be enough for the ihsaa to reconsider the ticketing process.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

The only thing our group had to provide last night was the order #. 
Good luck

21 minutes ago, ZZ TOP said:

The only thing our group had to provide last night was the order #. 
Good luck

We had to show order number and then ID of person who ordered.  Not the card though.   So I’m thinking people who ordered could send a screenshot of their ID to have someone else pick it up. 

I am going to assume that the issue with the electronic tickets was the inability to handle the amount of people that would be using their devices to show their tickets. Was told in some friendly conversations this morning it was an issue at last weekend's Semi-State. So I can see why the want/need to go old school with a paper ticket, was necessary to avoid hold ups when entering the arena. If you have an electronic ticket, I would recommend downloading it to your device to avoid any hold ups when entering with it later today. Best of luck to everyone today, both wrestlers and ticket holders!

1 hour ago, XCard said:

I am going to assume that the issue with the electronic tickets was the inability to handle the amount of people that would be using their devices to show their tickets. Was told in some friendly conversations this morning it was an issue at last weekend's Semi-State. So I can see why the want/need to go old school with a paper ticket, was necessary to avoid hold ups when entering the arena. If you have an electronic ticket, I would recommend downloading it to your device to avoid any hold ups when entering with it later today. Best of luck to everyone today, both wrestlers and ticket holders!

That is so dumb if so.   I always download my tickets at home and put them in my electronic on my phone.    Concerts that sell out Ford Center do it everytime.