Semi State Updates

2 hours ago, NavyGonzo said:

Again... I respectfully disagree... Not that my bias towards Delta or my horrible West African internet streaming attempt have anything to do with it 

If anything, the escapes should have been given much earlier to Jackson. The ref screwed himself on this one not giving an escape earlier and not letting the two wrestle on their feet for most of the third period. Either way, it was a great match to watch and definitely one of the best ones of the tournament no doubt.

54 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The kid is at the hospital dude, time to take a break from the site.

Good thing we have people on the site that determine when it’s time for people to stop replying or commenting. 

1 minute ago, Jaedyn Jeffries said:

Scenes at New Castle after Leavell pins Whitehead

Leavell made a gesture after the pin and was hit with unsportsmanlike; whitehead took exception.  Leavell made another gesture.   Whitehead was hit with unsportsmanlike as well.  Unsure if leavell got a second or not. 

3 minutes ago, JayinSTL said:

Leavell made a gesture after the pin and was hit with unsportsmanlike; whitehead took exception.  Leavell made another gesture.   Whitehead was hit with unsportsmanlike as well.  Unsure if leavell got a second or not. 

Whitehead took more than exception. They both got crazy for a minute. Curious how it looked off camera. 

8 minutes ago, captaintact said:

Whitehead took more than exception. They both got crazy for a minute. Curious how it looked off camera. 

Edited by Birdie

2 hours ago, legcradle152 said:

The Brownsburg coach medically forfeiting in the Haines/Henderson match was perhaps the classiest thing I’ve seen in wrestling. The match was almost over and your wrestler was on the verge of losing. He appeared to have some other injury problem as well, having already taken injury time just a few seconds prior. The ref’s call of an illegal move was questionable at best. Brownsburg could have taken the cheap win and made Haines a “state qualifier” in name only, but sucked it up and did the right thing. 

Henderson’s season lives on solely because of the sportsmanship of Brownsburg. 

Prayers for a speedy recovery to Haines.

“Henderson’s season lives on SOLELY because of the sportsmanship of Brownsburg”? BS! Henderson was dominating Haines in that match, and a slam should’ve never been called in that situation to begin with.  C’mon! That’s a ridiculous statement & an absolute insult to Henderson.

Edited by WRFan

14 minutes ago, JayinSTL said:

Leavell should have definitely been hit at least twice for unsportsmanlike conduct! His coaches should’ve corrected him immediately as well. There’s absolutely no place in this sport for standing over your opponent after pinning him & making gestures & talking trash! None! Then to walk away laughing & making a gesture as to say, “I spanked you” is unacceptable! 

5 minutes ago, WRFan said:

“Henderson’s season lives on SOLELY because of the sportsmanship of Brownsburg”? BS! Henderson was dominating Haines in that match, and a slam should’ve never been called in that situation.  C’mon! That’s a ridiculous statement & an absolute insult to Henderson.

This. Hope Preston is okay and prayers to him and his family from here in Hendricks county…..watching it live on flo and hearing from many there at Evansville…..not sure how that’s called illegal or a slam or whatever the technicality was deemed. Again hope Preston recovers and it’s nothing serious. 

1 minute ago, WRFan said:

Leavell should have definitely been hit at least twice for unsportsmanlike conduct! His coaches should’ve corrected him immediately as well. There’s absolutely no place in this sport for standing over your opponent after pinning him & making gestures & talking trash! None! Then to walk away laughing & making a gesture as to say, “I spanked you” is unacceptable! 

I thought so too, but I’m a little biased in this case. 

8 minutes ago, WRFan said:

“Henderson’s season lives on SOLELY because of the sportsmanship of Brownsburg”? BS! Henderson was dominating Haines in that match, and a slam should’ve never been called in that situation to begin with.  C’mon! That’s a ridiculous statement & an absolute insult to Henderson.

"Never should have been called" - Agreed

But that it irrelevant to the comment.  It WAS called and it could have ended differently, so the statement you so protest over is factual. Nor does it insult Henderson in any way.

Would and should are two different words with different meanings.

I've said this before and will echo it once again.  Maybe I'm on a limb on my own, but....

In a tournament with no wrestlebacks, and results determining bracket placement for the next weekend, chopping off a minute in the 3rd/4th Place matches may be the dumbest thing ever! These matches could ultimately determine who the state champ is next weekend, yet they are treated the same as a 2nd round consi match in a 64 man bracket.  

5 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

"Never should have been called" - Agreed

But that it irrelevant to the comment.  It WAS called and it could have ended differently, so the statement you so protest over is factual. Nor does it insult Henderson in any way.

Would and should are two different words with different meanings.

The call should’ve been, and could’ve been, reversed by the asst ref, which may very well have been what happened. Do you know whether or not that was the case?

5 minutes ago, WRFan said:

The call should’ve been, and could’ve been, reversed by the asst ref, which may very well have been what happened. Do you know whether or not that was the case?

Could, should and maybe don't change facts.  No one knows what may have happened if BB took a different stance.  But none of that was necessary.  Not sure why you are so hurt about it.  Henderson moved on and right now the most important thing is that Preston Haines recovers fully.  Not a single person has disrespected Ty Henderson. Perspective is important. Perhaps trying to change the angle of your view to get the correct one?

9 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Could, should and maybe don't change facts.  No one knows what may have happened if BB took a different stance.  But none of that was necessary.  Not sure why you are so hurt about it.  Henderson moved on and right now the most important thing is that Preston Haines recovers fully.  Not a single person has disrespected Ty Henderson. Perspective is important. Perhaps trying to change the angle of your view to get the correct one?

lol. Yeah, ok, buddy. Read it how you want. lol.

Do you KNOW the call wasn’t reversed?

Edited by WRFan