Evansville Central Sectional vs Southridge

Not long ago the premier sectionals were Evansville Central and Evansville Castle no matter how many times they shuffled Reitz between the 2, but now the Southridge sectional has an argument of being better/tougher.

Top 5 teams:

1. EV MD 

2. Floyd C

3. Tell City 

4.,5. New Albany or Jasper. 
Anyone have an idea on why the shift ?

1 minute ago, Jayruss said:

Not long ago the premier sectionals were Evansville Central and Evansville Castle no matter how many times they shuffled Reitz between the 2, but now the Southridge sectional has an argument of being better/tougher.

Top 5 teams:

1. EV MD 

2. Floyd C

3. Tell City 

4.,5. New Albany or Jasper. 
Anyone have an idea on why the shift ?

Tell City was in Castle sectional for a time 

24 minutes ago, bsisson said:

Yes it is a long drive both this weekend and next but I can't deny the success our team has had, as a team and individuals since moving to a different sectional and regional.

You think the success is tied into moving sectionals and regionals?? How so?? 

I really dont see the decline in the SIAC. Rather the lack of eyes on the other teams come up. Ev. Norths Line up has 4 or 5 studs in it who have been studs and are young but the state or rankers refuse to give them a look. Rather then decline you have a shared wealth throughout the conference. 

Now the drop in some programs have made it hard to thinks it is still a tough conference, but how long can we really think that those programs will be down after the history and knowledge in their rooms. 

And as for Jasper they will be returning 13 Starters next year with a couple being semi state qualifiers.

Edited by alee1022

45 minutes ago, alee1022 said:

I really dont see the decline in the SIAC. Rather the lack of eyes on the other teams come up. Ev. Norths Line up has 4 or 5 studs in it who have been studs and are young but the state or rankers refuse to give them a look. Rather then decline you have a shared wealth throughout the conference. 

Now the drop in some programs have made it hard to thinks it is still a tough conference, but how long can we really think that those programs will be down after the history and knowledge in their rooms. 

And as for Jasper they will be returning 13 Starters next year with a couple being semi state qualifiers.

I’m sorry but it is way down your right North has some studs but they won’t make it out of semi state Central won’t have a wrestler at semi state Memorial has chance for 1 for state. MD is down for Mater Dei my son Wrestles for Castle we won’t have anyone at State and we are way down. Reitz is mediocre  no state wrestlers and we beat them in a dual so they are down. Jasper and Vincennes probably won’t even be in the SIAC much longer from what I’ve heard. Harrison has been down for a while.

Edited by JC123

40 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I’m sorry but it is way down your right North has some studs but they won’t make it out of semi state Central won’t have a wrestler at semi state Memorial has chance for 1 for state. MD is down for Mater Dei my son Wrestles for Castle we won’t have anyone at State and we are way down. Reitz is mediocre  no state wrestlers and we beat them in a dual so they are down. Jasper and Vincennes probably won’t even be in the SIAC much longer from what I’ve heard. Harrison has been down for a while.

Ouch! I agree on some things but north I believe will have 2 in the state tournament alone. I would say JASPER would have some also. But some would say Im being bias. So ill just stop there. 

Jasper and Vinn not in the SIAC. Where would they go? There really isn't a Conf that would make since. Of the SIAC loses those two teams, I hope there would be a creation of another conference in Southern IN or teams moved out of the PAC to create another Conference with less teams. 

Edited by alee1022

As far as not getting looked at for the rankings, the south is not known for having much information.  It's like the old Soviet iron curtain.  Lots of tournaments but hardly any on trackwrestling.  And not many results put into indianamat.  Most of my info has to come from people I know from down there or the few tournaments that are available online.

3 hours ago, Justin Ratliff said:

As far as not getting looked at for the rankings, the south is not known for having much information.  It's like the old Soviet iron curtain.  Lots of tournaments but hardly any on trackwrestling.  And not many results put into indianamat.  Most of my info has to come from people I know from down there or the few tournaments that are available online.

Makes since. I would say from my roster alone between 75 to HWT and my 106 they have been consistent killers all year long. I just couldnt figure out how to put them or create a profile for them to add who they beat on Indiana MAT. 

3 hours ago, TripleB said:

There's no doubt the Southwest part of the state gets slept on. I don't think I got any individual updates or info from anyone over there this year minus Mt Vernon. 

Hit me up!!! 

How do i create a profile for my wrestlers. I mean for example without using names. we beat a 175 from the Pac 2x in convincing fashion but we couldnt update that we beat that individual. And that not we want to update it to say we ness beat a person but so that when team state starts looking at rosters and who beat who for consideration for team state they can see those things. 

11 minutes ago, alee1022 said:

How do i create a profile for my wrestlers. I mean for example without using names. we beat a 175 from the Pac 2x in convincing fashion but we couldnt update that we beat that individual. And that not we want to update it to say we ness beat a person but so that when team state starts looking at rosters and who beat who for consideration for team state they can see those things. 

Message a ranker, which in your case is TripleB, and let them know the results. If they think they deserve a profile, they will get one. Only admin can create profiles. Once they are added you can add individual results. You can always update and post dual results. 

8 hours ago, alee1022 said:

I suppose it depends on what your reference is. My reference is from a decade ago & further. If you simply look at the data that Y2 provided in the other topic you will see that State Qualifiers from the Evansville Schools (which predominately comprise the SIAC) have declined significantly since 2013/2014. That list BTW doesn't include MD, and because it doesn't it gives a clear indication of the decline of the rest of the conference.

But I did say (in the other topic) that the inclusion of Jasper & Vincennes does help some. I am simply old enough to remember the days when Reitz, Memorial, Castle & Central were all producing State Qualifiers at a much higher rate then they have lately.

image.png

On 1/26/2024 at 1:55 PM, jets said:

You think the success is tied into moving sectionals and regionals?? How so?? 

I might be wrong, but…by not being in the weakest regional in the Evansville SS they now have an opportunity to draw a kid from that regional in the first two rounds if they qualify. Better match ups for them.

21 hours ago, alee1022 said:

Send it to me, I enter it and a profile is created. You have to be SS ranked or higher to get a profile created. 

I would guess, Evansville in particular, 5-10 a year maybe?

The Mooresville Regional always wipes kids out and so does non wrestling issues - weight, injury, etc. 

Also the jump from 8 ranked kids to 12 is a hard jump to make. B/c the south is soooooooo spread out we don't have tons of head to heads like the other 3 SS. I have to do the 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon on a lot of 11 and 12 ranked kids.

Just now, ALittle said:

Not sure I get the reference, but of course when you start getting to those numbers you're splitting hairs.  I love the tournament because it will all sort itself out on the mat!

This kid beat that kid, who lost to this kid, who beat that kid.

It's a wormhole of track wrestling results and comparisons.