Who runs the best sectional???

7 hours ago, MattM said:

Jennings County Sectional on hospitality.  It's not an opinion, it's pretty much a fact of life.  

I was at JC this past weekend for a youth tournament and they had a great spread! First class!

51 minutes ago, Disco said:

So let’s get right to it. It doesn’t Matter how good the seed meeting is, or how smooth the tournament sectional runs, or how much space the facility has for the athletes and fans. Boils all down to the hospitality room food.

I’ve coached with many a coach who would rather plan their season based off of hospitality rooms than competition level!

That said, I’ve coached at schools

feeding Tech, Mooresville, and now Frankfort and all do a good job across the board.

Having an AD that knows what they don’t know or is actually articulate in wrestling helps a ton so Mooresville has an edge with Mossbrucker running things. But the Frankfort AD always does a good job deferring to the coaches and what they know at the seeding meeting and I’ve never left a meeting at any of the sites where I felt we seeded it wrong based on criteria. Sometimes it takes some loud voices, but always ends up the way it should with criteria. 

All in all, the 3 sites were all good. Looking forward to going back to Case Arena next week!

21 hours ago, Coach Brobst said:

I’ve coached with many a coach who would rather plan their season based off of hospitality rooms than competition level!

That said, I’ve coached at schools

feeding Tech, Mooresville, and now Frankfort and all do a good job across the board.

Having an AD that knows what they don’t know or is actually articulate in wrestling helps a ton so Mooresville has an edge with Mossbrucker running things. But the Frankfort AD always does a good job deferring to the coaches and what they know at the seeding meeting and I’ve never left a meeting at any of the sites where I felt we seeded it wrong based on criteria. Sometimes it takes some loud voices, but always ends up the way it should with criteria. 

All in all, the 3 sites were all good. Looking forward to going back to Case Arena next week!

My point

21 minutes ago, Penn04 said:

Mishawaka does a great job!! 😊 Finals are usually pretty intense, and they keep control of it! (With plenty of security/police on hand) 😉

Yes they do as expected , they do run the states largest in season tournament.