State Champ Predictions

1 hour ago, From the Stands said:

Yeah, I’m throwing out 7 potentials and asking do you think they can get 5.  

I would say 5 for sure definitely have a chance. I think in modern era no team has had more than 4. So if done could be a record breaking year . 

16 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

106 Boyd

113 Dickman

120 jendreas 

126 Thrine

132 Hockaday 

138 Shepard 

144 huevyart 

150 Krejsa

157 brabender

165 rinehart

175 Costello 

190 penola 

215 Mconnell

285 Clark 

This actually looks really good IMO . I would have W. Clark in at 215 . He had a close call , but no one from Indiana has beaten him , so he is still the man at 215 . 

Edited by M109R

22 minutes ago, #watchingithappen said:

I thought Thrine was going 132

I haven’t seen him wrestle 132, but I wouldn’t be surprised. He looked a little small for 132 earlier this year, and you avoid Hockaday. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

I haven’t seen him wrestle 132, but I wouldn’t be surprised. He looked a little small for 132 earlier this year, and you avoid Hockaday. 

Thrine has been at 132 the past several weeks including this weekend. 

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Thrine has been at 132 the past several weeks including this weekend. 

I’m just speculating. @GenHeavyHandz said thrine will not be wrestling hockaday under the lights in a previous thread, and not because of “wrestling ability”.

Reading between the lines on his insight. 

3 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

McConnell wrestled 190 yesterday

In that case, I’ll still take penola at the 190.

And I’ll take a “sleeper” in Jackson weingart at 215.

Weingarts matchup with Clark at the Al was exhilarating. This seems like a weight that really anyone could win. Clark is probably still the light “betting favorite”. But anyone in the top 10 could take home this crown. 

4 hours ago, busstogate said:

Boyd vs Jones is going to rule when/if it happens.

If I remember correctly at IHPO Jones was leading 3-2 before Boyd hit a monster throw for the pin; I don’t see either of them pinning each other in the rematch though (I think this is the state finals match) and I think it will be high flying with a ton of points. That being said I’m taking Jones, he’s such a hammer on top and solid in all positions of attack and defense

7 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

106 Boyd

113 Dickman

120 jendreas 

126 Thrine

132 Hockaday 

138 Shepard 

144 huevyart 

150 Krejsa

157 brabender

165 rinehart

175 Costello 

190 penola 

215 Mconnell

285 Clark 

I'll take Henderson at 120. Give me Leavell at 138.  Give me Leech at 175. I'm sticking with Clark at 215. 150 give me May. 

8 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

106 Boyd

113 Dickman

120 jendreas 

126 Thrine

132 Hockaday 

138 Shepard 

144 huevyart 

150 Krejsa

157 brabender

165 rinehart

175 Costello 

190 penola 

215 Mconnell

285 Clark 

I don’t see thrine defeating Schaefer, Schaefer has dominated all year against some of the best guys

On 1/7/2024 at 2:26 PM, M109R said:

This actually looks really good IMO . I would have W. Clark in at 215 . He had a close call , but no one from Indiana has beaten him , so he is still the man at 215 . 

Outside of that one match, you could argue that Clark has been one of the most dominant wrestlers all year at any weight class.  

On 1/7/2024 at 9:15 PM, GenHeavyHandz said:

I'll take Henderson at 120. Give me Leavell at 138.  Give me Leech at 175. I'm sticking with Clark at 215. 150 give me May. 

I definitely think that Ty Henderson vs Jendreas will be the best match in this weight class.  Hopefully that one is under the lights

106 Boyd

113 Dickman (Two 1 point matches with Rioux so far, wouldn't be surprised if Rioux somehow upsets Dickman.)

120 Jendreas 

126 Schaefer

132 Hockaday (Expecting a 1 or 2 point match with Thrine, should they face off.)

138 Shephard (Numerous 1-2 point victories against former Champ Levell and runner-up Ison, gonna be some tight matches between these 3.)

144 Courtney (Potential rematch with Huyvaert at State, could go either way imo.)

150 Krejsa

157 Betz (I think he avenges Pellot in a rematch.)

165 Cressell (Lost 1-0 to Rinehart, you can bet he is gonna come back with a vengeance.)

175 Leech (This dude has busted his ass these last 3 years, I 100% think that he is capable of winning it all!)

190 McConnell

215 Clark

HWT Clark