132- Hockaday vs Thrine

Jayruss

32 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

Rumor has it thrine is out with an injury until after Christmas and will be wrestling at the 138 pound weight class. 

Wouldn’t be shocked to see leaveal bump to 144 as I believe he wins that weight class with ease in its current state.

No need to jump up unless concerned or avoiding someone/Competition. 144 I don't believe is settled quite yet. Top 5 at 144 definitely has something to say about that. You should wrestle where your strongest at.

3 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

Rumor has it thrine is out with an injury until after Christmas and will be wrestling at the 138 pound weight class. 

Wouldn’t be shocked to see leaveal bump to 144 as I believe he wins that weight class with ease in its current state.

With ease?  I wouldn't count out Huyvaert too quickly, he could absolutely be a title contender this year at 44.

3 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

I don't see Kyrell trying to dodge Thrine, not taking anything away from Thrine, but Kyrell ain't running from anyone...

4 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

52 minutes ago, Tcarter said:

I don't see Kyrell trying to dodge Thrine, not taking anything away from Thrine, but Kyrell ain't running from anyone...

I don't see Thrine beating Hockaday at 132.

If Thrine goes 138, I don't see him beating Leavell, Ison or Shepherd.  And I don't see Leavell running from anyone.

I also hope the rumor is not true and that Thrine is actually healthy.  If he is injured, I hope he has a speedy recover.

Edited by TrueRegionFan

1 minute ago, TrueRegionFan said:

I don't see Thrine beating Hochaday at 132.

If Thrine goes 138, I don't see him beating Leavell, Ison or Shepherd.  And I don't see Leavell running from anyone.

I also hope the rumor is not true and that Thrine is actually healthy.  If he is injured, I hope he has a speedy recover.

Agree with all, 100%.  Shepherd is going to make some big noise this year.

2 hours ago, TrueRegionFan said:

Did you have him beating Frazier?

57 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

Did you have him beating Frazier?

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I did have Frazier winning and I was wrong.  I'm not sure I have seen Frazier wrestle that poorly before.  Thrine stepped in the circle, toed the line, and won fair and square.  Maybe it was Thrine that that made Frazier wrestle that poorly.  If they wrestled again, I'd pick Frazier again.  I don't think he wrestles that way a second time.  Maybe I would be wrong again.  It's just an opinion, nothing else. 

To be clear, I am not rooting against Thrine.  He is a great wrestler and a tremendous athlete.  Respect to him for being a multi-sport athlete and excelling at each discipline.  He just happens to be in the same weight class as Hockaday.  If Hockaday wasn't at 132, I'm picking Thrine all day long.  But, as @Dailygrind86mentioned, it's wrestling and anyone can be beat. 

12 hours ago, TrueRegionFan said:

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I did have Frazier winning and I was wrong.  I'm not sure I have seen Frazier wrestle that poorly before.  Thrine stepped in the circle, toed the line, and won fair and square.  Maybe it was Thrine that that made Frazier wrestle that poorly.  If they wrestled again, I'd pick Frazier again.  I don't think he wrestles that way a second time.  Maybe I would be wrong again.  It's just an opinion, nothing else. 

To be clear, I am not rooting against Thrine.  He is a great wrestler and a tremendous athlete.  Respect to him for being a multi-sport athlete and excelling at each discipline.  He just happens to be in the same weight class as Hockaday.  If Hockaday wasn't at 132, I'm picking Thrine all day long.  But, as @Dailygrind86mentioned, it's wrestling and anyone can be beat. 

I understand the hockaday theory but I do not agree with the Levell theory.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, TrueRegionFan said:

Agreed a healthy Thrine not top 4 and an injured Thrine maybe not 6. 

Hawk can we get new castle an invite to the meat grinder known as the Carnhan 

On 11/23/2023 at 10:57 AM, TrueRegionFan said:

I agree and believe Hockaday would control the match.  

In my opinion, Hockaday is Indiana's P4P #1.

I also have to admit I thought Frazier would control the match last year against Thrine and I was proven wrong.

Regardless, if the match happens, it will be fun to watch.  Good luck to both wrestlers!

I would like to think the number #1 p4p on the state would place at iron man 

Only returning placers 

Dickman, the Clark's and rinehart 

Will clark #1

5 hours ago, DawgPoundRed said:

I would like to think the number #1 p4p on the state would place at iron man 

Only returning placers 

Dickman, the Clark's and rinehart 

Will clark #1

Look at the Brackets and I think it will tell you a story.....120 pounds @ Ironman  had close to twice the amount of wrestlers then the other weights or at least an extra round. And the names that are in that weight class are some pretty great wrestlers. I mean Jake went 4-2 in a 64 man bracket others were 32 man brackets  and the quality of the opponent @120 was exceptional. Lost to Leo DeLuca#2 @120 in the country currently and Jordyn Raney Ranked #4 in the country @126. Blaze, Jax,Forrest, Lilledahl. Great competition for sure.

But 4-2 at the ironman is 4 wins at the Ironman. 

On 11/27/2023 at 12:27 PM, DawgPoundRed said:

Thrine will beat him I guarantee it 

On 11/27/2023 at 12:27 PM, DawgPoundRed said:

Back in the Day when I wrestled for New Castle back in the day we wrestled in better tournaments than they do now . We was also ranked in the top ten. 

1 hour ago, Justin Plank said:

Thrine will beat him I guarantee it 

We were having fun with all the hypothetical and then you had to go guarentee it!  Delete thread, its over! 

I guarentee that your guarentee is an opinion. Now we are back to hypothetical.  

Just kidding, but what a fun group of hammers to throw these what ifs at. 

48 minutes ago, Justin Plank said:

Back in the Day when I wrestled for New Castle back in the day we wrestled in better tournaments than they do now . We was also ranked in the top ten. 

It must have been back,back, back in the day and I still doubt it. About 200 wins and zero blue rings