Chase Leech vs Brant Beck at 160

Deaglan Pleak vs Conner Watts at 160

Tye Lisner vs Gavin Cook at 132

Robert Dinn vs Brock Hagewood at 138

Ethan Reiley vs Brody Hagewood at 132

Jaquan East vs Easton Arsini at 170

Greyson Gard vs Gavin Davis at 152

Braylon McIntire vs Levi Johns at 113

(Braylon's only loss this year is in the regional finals against Jalen May, I think he is capable of beating Levi.)

Aaron Swango vs Cody Rowles at 126

and finally, this one is gonna come as a surprise, but...

Will Warnock (a 4 seed) vs Matt Levitz at 160. Will Warnock beat Jordan Aryes at regionals 6-4, and Jordan pinned Levi Abott. I think Will is gonna go to ticket round at the bare minimum.

If you want me to be honest, I don't think there is any formula to a semi state (besides the 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3), I think the IHSAA looks at the ranked kids and puts the higher ranked kids against each other every chance they get, and if you don't believe me, look at how many returning state qualifiers and placers are gonna be seeing each other in the ticket round.

There is this kid in the quarter bracket, you may not have heard of. His name is Ethan Smith from Snider.  He has a good a shot as any of those guys.  My proof? Pinned a State qualifier this year and has only lost to state ranked opponents.  26-5 with Snider's schedule including a trip to The Al. Greco State Runner Up.  I appreciate you not mentioning him I'm going to screenshot him this for bulletin board material.  Now as for Mr. Abbott.  I can't take you serious now.  Abbott is a good wrestler and I know his dad.  He'll be ready.

48 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

There is this kid in the quarter bracket, you may not have heard of. His name is Ethan Smith from Snider.  He has a good a shot as any of those guys.  My proof? Pinned a State qualifier this year and has only lost to state ranked opponents.  26-5 with Snider's schedule including a trip to The Al. Greco State Runner Up.  I appreciate you not mentioning him I'm going to screenshot him this for bulletin board material.  Now as for Mr. Abbott.  I can't take you serious now.  Abbott is a good wrestler and I know his dad.  He'll be ready.

If Levi is always ready then he surely would've beaten Jordan Aryes right?

Will Warnock outwrestled Jordan Aryes for 6 minutes straight, so yeah, you don't have to take that serious if you don't want to.

No need to get hurt broski, I'm just making my own predictions. If Ethan Smith makes it out, then congrats to him, but those Levitz boys from Prairie Heights are no joke. 

Regardless, I think Will Warnock is capable of making it out. If you wanna screenshot any of these for bulletin board material, go right ahead, I don't care.

Edited by Michael Berry

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I never understood this focusing on the draw.  You gotta beat the guy infront of you to go to state.  Line'em up;Knock'em down! Don't let this distract you from the fact that my grapevine,tended to by Dionysus and Juan Valdez: tells me The Panther's wont have to drive far to pick up their hardware in 2024.  March Madness Basketball GIF by SportsManias

It's also possible for the #1 seed to get a bad draw....Line'em up and lets set things straight. Best two weeks of the year in front of us.

Edited by bbell

1 minute ago, bbell said:

It's always possible for the #1 seed to get a bad draw....Line'em up and lets set things straight. Best two weeks of the year in front of us.

Everyone's still got to go wrestle.  Toe the line and go get it!!

Edited by Bulldog89

1 hour ago, Michael Berry said:

If Levi is always ready then he surely would've beaten Jordan Aryes right?

Will Warnock outwrestled Jordan Aryes for 6 minutes straight, so yeah, you don't have to take that serious if you don't want to.

No need to get hurt broski, I'm just making my own predictions. If Ethan Smith makes it out, then congrats to him, but those Levitz boys from Prairie Heights are no joke. 

Regardless, I think Will Warnock is capable of making it out. If you wanna screenshot any of these for bulletin board material, go right ahead, I don't care.

Listen: I'm an ex-wrestler who already did their thing.  I'm not hurt.  I'm definitely not your"Broski"(My Brothers are Nakomi and Ricky). I'm just pointing out your glaring omission.  Says you are from Wabash so i get your Regional bias.  I didn't say Levitz is joke: reading is fundamental: I said he has a good a shot as any;meaning Smith.  If I were you I'd quit saying Levi's name.  Everyone loses if you wrestle long enough.  Only a scrub believes what happened in one match with one opponent has any bearing on the other.  But what do I know? 38 years at this I think I've seen enough to make a proper assertion that Our Guys ain't gonna lay down for anyone. 

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

That quad will be fun. Regardless of who makes it out they’re going to have to wrestle two tough matches.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Listen: I'm an ex-wrestler who already did their thing.  I'm not hurt.  I'm definitely not your"Broski"(My Brothers are Nakomi and Ricky). I'm just pointing out your glaring omission.  Says you are from Wabash so i get your Regional bias.  I didn't say Levitz is joke: reading is fundamental: I said he has a good a shot as any;meaning Smith.  If I were you I'd quit saying Levi's name.  Everyone loses if you wrestle long enough.  Only a scrub believes what happened in one match with one opponent has any bearing on the other.  But what do I know? 38 years at this I think I've seen enough to make a proper assertion that Our Guys ain't gonna lay down for anyone. 

I just posted what I believe. You're the only coach who has had a fit because I didn't give any credit to one of his wrestlers, Ethan Smith. That's sad. I'll tell you what, if Ethan, Levi, or Matt make it out and prove one of my predictons wrong, then congrats, your 38 years at this has helped you prove a scrub wrong on the internet, you'll be the most powerful man in coliseum.

Either way, I'll be happy for anyone who makes it out, and I'll be smilin and wavin the whole time.

Edited by Michael Berry

What state qualifier did he pin?

26 minutes ago, Michael Berry said:

I just posted what I believe. You're the only coach who has had a fit because I didn't give any credit to one of his wrestlers, Ethan Smith. That's sad. I'll tell you what, if Ethan, Levi, or Matt make it out and prove one of my predictons wrong, then congrats, your 38 years at this has helped you prove a scrub wrong on the internet, you'll be the most powerful man in collosium?

Either way, I'll be happy for anyone who makes it out, and I'll be smilin and wavin the whole time.

Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. At least spell it right. Ask around: If I go to the Coliseum I'll have to shake more hands than a politician.  My dues have already been paid.  I never said you were wrong; again reading is fundamental. I'm not out to prove you wrong: My eligibility ran out 34 years ago.  I just said,again: Smith has a good a shot as any. Abott is from an excellent family who's pedigree is unimpeachable. Good luck to you.Weed Noob GIF by The Roku Channel

8 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. At least spell it right. Ask around: If I go to the Coliseum I'll have to shake more hands than a politician.  My dues have already been paid.  I never said you were wrong; again reading is fundamental. I'm not out to prove you wrong: My eligibility ran out 34 years ago.  I just said,again: Smith has a good a shot as any. Abott is from an excellent family who's pedigree is unimpeachable. Good luck to you.Weed Noob GIF by The Roku Channel

Thanks for holding me accountable to my spelling! Good luck this Saturday. XD

7 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There are 12 different formulas that can be used for the way the brackets are done. Remember 1's and 4's and 2's and 3's from the same regional are on the same half.

1. A1B4C3D2 B1A4D3C2 C1D4A3B2 D1C4B3A2
2. A1B4C3D2 B1A4D3C2 C1D4B3A2 D1C4A3B2
3. A1B4D3C2 B1A4C3D2 C1D4A3B2 D1C4B3A2
4. A1B4D3C2 B1A4C3D2 C1D4B3A2 D1C4A3B2
5. A1C4B3D2 C1A4D3B2 B1D4A3C2 D1B4C3A2
6. A1C4B3D2 C1A4D3B2 B1D4C3A2 D1B4A3C2
7. A1C4D3B2 C1A4B3D2 B1D4A3C2 D1B4C3A2
8. A1C4D3B2 C1A4B3D2 B1D4C3A2 D1B4A3C2
9. A1D4B3C2 D1A4C3B2 B1C4A3D2 C1B4D3A2
10. A1D4B3C2 D1A4C3B2 B1C4D3A2 C1B4A3D2
11. A1D4C3B2 D1A4B3C2 B1C4A3D2 C1B4D3A2
12. A1D4C3B2 D1A4B3C2 B1C4D3A2 C1B4A3D2

I guess I was going off of what I'd seen where they pair up 2 regionals through the whole weight class (which certainly seems to be the case this year).  So if A is paired with B, then C pairs with D, AC-BD, or AD-BC.  

Which one of these guys are you? 
#iykyk
image.jpeg.be96165720591f55ace69d34482a0362.jpeg

18 hours ago, Clint Gard said:

I preface my next statement knowing that we only looked at our guys and our regional BUT something interesting one of my assistants found when he had some time on his hands back in the fall...

After looking at about 8-9 years of data, he predicted with 100% accuracy our draws for this Semi-State.  While the IHSAA says they are random...they are not.  There is a pattern to them and the pattern he found held true when he was predicting where we would fall.  Obviously he couldn't predict the match ups but he predicted the spots.  

It doesn't matter either way, but it's something we thought was interesting given that we are always told it's "Random".  Matter of fact...we are pretty sure the IHSAA used the same formula as last year.  Again, we haven't looked at all cases, but our 120/126/152 quarter brackets are in the exact same spots as last year wrestling the same regional spots.  Those are just 3 examples.

During semifinals at regionals, a wrestler we had just beaten for the first time in four tries came up to me and said “better win this next one because our 2 pairs up with Perry Meridian champ.”

Sure enough, finished second and drew the Perry Meridian champ in our pod, a defending state champ no less. If a wrestler knows the formula beforehand, then the coaches are at fault, right? Where is the integrity in a “blind” draw if that’s the case?

8 minutes ago, HawkinIndy said:

During semifinals at regionals, a wrestler we had just beaten for the first time in four tries came up to me and said “better win this next one because our 2 pairs up with Perry Meridian champ.”

Sure enough, finished second and drew the Perry Meridian champ in our pod, a defending state champ no less. If a wrestler knows the formula beforehand, then the coaches are at fault, right? Where is the integrity in a “blind” draw if that’s the case?

If your story is true, shouldn't you say something to your athletic director, the coach, or IHSAA since someone is leaking the information out instead of coming on a messageboard and saying this? If you feel coaches are getting the draws early and possibly telling their kids to throw matches it affects the integrity of the sport. I would consider this a very serious offense in which the IHSAA would not approve of.

8 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

If your story is true, shouldn't you say something to your athletic director, the coach, or IHSAA since someone is leaking the information out instead of coming on a messageboard and saying this? If you feel coaches are getting the draws early and possibly telling their kids to throw matches it affects the integrity of the sport. I would consider this a very serious offense in which the IHSAA would not approve of.

Gard’s comment is what sparked my response because at the end of the day, to be the best you have to beat the best. I would take the comment I referenced from the wrestler to my grave and will certainly take your advice on elevating this to our AD and the IHSAA. The draw is the draw at this point, but it’d be nice to know that nobody outside the IHSAA knows the formula in advance.

21 minutes ago, HawkinIndy said:

Gard’s comment is what sparked my response because at the end of the day, to be the best you have to beat the best. I would take the comment I referenced from the wrestler to my grave and will certainly take your advice on elevating this to our AD and the IHSAA. The draw is the draw at this point, but it’d be nice to know that nobody outside the IHSAA knows the formula in advance.

Years back coaches got the draws right after their Regional was done. You do the math on what happened when one Regional finishes before the other Regional. 

8 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Years back coaches got the draws right after their Regional was done. You do the math on what happened when one Regional finishes before the other Regional. 

Woof. Matches being thrown left and right if that’s the case, which is ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Talk about a nerve racking Sunday, before the internet.  I used to go out and get all of the Sunday papers and work through the formula.  

29 minutes ago, HawkinIndy said:

Biggest thing for me is we were able to figure out the "pattern" or at least notice what was happening.  Random should be random.  If my assistant can figure it out, then anyone can.  :)Tristan's going to make me pay for that! ;)

With technology today, it wouldn't be hard to do a zoom meeting with the relevant athletic directors to show how the blind draw is done.  In the East Chicago semi state, a couple of the weight classes had the same draw for 2-3 years.  That seems like an almost mathematical impossibility.

25 minutes ago, Clint Gard said:

Talk about a nerve racking Sunday, before the internet.  I used to go out and get all of the Sunday papers and work through the formula.  

Yeah well I remember finding out on the bus ride home from Regionals that I drew Myers for the 2nd year in a row in the ticket round after getting caught in the finals. Some things you can't forget. 😆

"The 182lb mooresville regional runner up has now drawn into the Evansville north champ in the ticket round 8 years in a row.... crazy!"

Looks like Mooresville 2 drew in Evansville 1 at 182 again this year. That's at least 9 of the last 11 years that's happened. It wouldn't take a lot to figure this out if the coaching staff had done any research. I doubt that the formula is being leaked--just people assuming what will happen based on prior years.

9 minutes ago, Pug said:

"The 182lb mooresville regional runner up has now drawn into the Evansville north champ in the ticket round 8 years in a row.... crazy!"

Looks like Mooresville 2 drew in Evansville 1 at 182 again this year. That's at least 9 of the last 11 years that's happened. It wouldn't take a lot to figure this out if the coaching staff had done any research. I doubt that the formula is being leaked--just people assuming what will happen based on prior years.

I think the Illuminati is leaking it!!!