Best Ford Center Matches

I had the chance to experience the Evansville Semi-State in person for the first time back in 2020, and aside from the cold temperature and shaky wi-fi, I must say the atmosphere is great. There’s a big time feel to the Ford Center and lots of great matches. The best one I saw that day was between Logan Boe and Jonathan Kervin; absolute fireworks to say the least. Prior to 2020, I’d never been to the EV Semi-State, so what are some matches before the new decade that turned the arena on its head or absolutely lit up the place that maybe even rivaled matches the next weekend at State?

5 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Austin Bethel vs Brayton Lee

I second this. Place went nuts when Bethel threw Lee to his back. Two great wrestlers. I believe Lee was #1 at that weight as a Freshman as well? I could be wrong, but I thought this was the case. 

10 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

I second this. Place went nuts when Bethel threw Lee to his back. Two great wrestlers. I believe Lee was #1 at that weight as a Freshman as well? I could be wrong, but I thought this was the case. 

#2 behind Nick Lee that year. I remember that being the hyped match for that weekend.

3 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

This one is tough to beat. Never seen Ford center erupt like it did that day. 

But some other solid matches that got the fans going 

Garcia vs Mills

Konrath vs Egli

And the headbutt heard around the world 

What is this head butt ?

7 hours ago, Cricket21 said:

Bethel was up 7 or 8 points when he stuck him. Total beat down

Lane Gilbert and Cole Ross semi state championship match. I believe their record was 1-1 against each other. 

Period 1: Ross up 2-0

Period 2: Ross up 5-1

Period 3: Ross up 7-1 with a minute 19 left. Lane gets an escape to make it 7-2. Lane hits a lat drop with 35 seconds left and pins Ross. 

Gilbert went on to get 4th and Ross 5th.