Team State Final Vote quickly approaching-take action now!

decbell1

I have had a lot of coaches reach out to me in the last week about their team's resume for Team State. I want to remind everyone that the simplest way to gain recognition for your team is to post your results on IndianaMat. If you need help with that, please contact me or Joe and we will help you. 

It is very unlikely that a team will get any votes if they don't have results posted. That vote takes place on December 18th, so please make sure you are updating regularly. 

Votes for team state for this year? Can you still be voted into team state this year? If so i would love to know how have my (JASPER) team looked at for consideration. Please email or text me ( Coach Lee) info if possible to share how. cell: 2539542775. Email: Intensewrestling1@gmail.com co

On 12/5/2022 at 9:03 AM, decbell1 said:

I have had a lot of coaches reach out to me in the last week about their team's resume for Team State. I want to remind everyone that the simplest way to gain recognition for your team is to post your results on IndianaMat. If you need help with that, please contact me or Joe and we will help you. 

It is very unlikely that a team will get any votes if they don't have results posted. That vote takes place on December 18th, so please make sure you are updating regularly. 

Why would you do this? Now here comes the bickering about who needs the last spot.. Its definitely south Adams in 1A 😂😂

North Putnam really needs to be considered for 1A.  Our results are posted and we will continue to post.  Our losses have came to top teams like Cascade and Owen Valley and we competed with these teams.   We lost by 3 points to #9 Southmont by only 3 and wound have won but and a first year varsity kid get defensively pinned when he was up 8-0 and laid his own back on the mat spladleing the kid.  He learned a valuable lesson.   

12 hours ago, Thor said:

South Adams beat team state qualifier Bluffton 51-24 tonight at ACAC duals. Can’t imagine getting a stronger data point than beating a team already there by 27 points. 

I believe Central Noble had a similar result with Bluffton this year. SA and Central Noble should both be in the conversation for 1A 100%

John Glenn has had a great season competing for the 2A spot. 24-3 as of today with each of those 3 losses by a one match swing. We had a great dual with Bellmont only losing 43-33. Our kids fight and we haven't faced a team yet that has beaten us by more than 1 match. No one else in consideration for 2A can say that. We believe we have showcased what Glenn is capable of and that we are deserving of the vote in at 2A.

Next up... the Carnahan!

Case for Fishers High School:

When healthy, recap season so far. 

In the Varsity Lineup:

3 Seniors, 4 Juniors, 2 Sophomores, 5 Freshmen

- Lost to #5 Overall Cathedral (#5 in 4A)

- Lost to #6 Overall Carmel (#6 in 4A)

- Lost to #11 Overall Mishawaka (#2 in 3A)

- Lost to Portage (#9 in EC Semi-State)

- Won Over Franklin Community (#7 in 3A)

- Placed Ahead of Southmont (#9 in 1A)

- Placed Ahead of Whiteland (#3 in Evansville Semi-State)

- Placed Ahead of Mount Vernon Fortville (#9 in New Castle Semi-State)

Edited by LUBWrestler

18 minutes ago, decbell1 said:

I spent nearly my entire morning entering results for teams who are in contention. I shouldn't have to do that for you!

In my defense, I usually do it Monday mornings and you beat me to it! 

15 hours ago, Michael Murphy said:

North Putnam had another big weekend winning the Kenny Kerns Invite.  We have proved we can battle with teams from all classes.  As we come closer to voting we believe we have and continue to show why we should be voted in.  

Has North Putnam beat anyone that is ranked or already qualified for team state? I honestly haven’t paid much attention to them, not that they don’t deserve it… Just wanted to hear a more detailed argument.. 

The big vote is happening this weekend! I want to hear everyone's arguments for why they deserve the last vote-in spot. South Adams has a very solid resume to date, beating team state qualifier Bluffton by 27 and losing to 6th ranked Cowan by 4 with the dual coming down to the last match. All of our losses have come to teams ranked in the top 7 of 1A and 2A. 

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

The big vote is happening this weekend! I want to hear everyone's arguments for why they deserve the last vote-in spot. South Adams has a very solid resume to date, beating team state qualifier Bluffton by 27 and losing to 6th ranked Cowan by 4 with the dual coming down to the last match. All of our losses have come to teams ranked in the top 7 of 1A and 2A. 

South Adams has definitely put themselves in a great position to get in! The bluffton win is huge!

27 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yorktown has a 7-7 record which doesn't look great but we have wrestled some quality competition. Notable matchups loss to #6 Norwell by 4 points. Loss to #8 in 3A Mt. Vernon by 10 points. Win over Lawrence North. Will wrestle Prairie Heights, Maconaquah, and New Haven this weekend in our pool. 

Losses-Jay County by a lot (missing 3 starters), Norwell by 4, Mt. Vernon by 10, Dekalb, FW Carroll by 6, Northridge by 4, westfield

3 losses to ranked teams and 2 of those are by potentially one match

Edited by Jstephenson1356

53 minutes ago, CFleshman said:

I think Central Noble is right there also. Looking at box score with Bluffton we match up well with SA. I could see a 7-7 Spit. With 2 swing matches. That puts us right there with Cowan. The top 4 at 1 A are separated from the rest. 5 thru 12 just becomes match ups and forfeits.

That is an interesting opinion that you have on the 1A rankings. What is also interesting is that Tell City beat Rochester and Adams Central last year in route to claiming their second state title in a row and only graduated 1 senior from that team. I’m definitely not discounting the talent on the top 4 ranked teams, but to say that they are separated from the rest of the teams is a stretch at best. I can’t speak for any other teams, but I can say that Tell City has yet to put their best team on the mat this year due to sickness and injuries. Good luck to all the teams in their quest for a team state championship this year. 

Bryce Hammack