Happy Sectional Seeding Monday

AJ

They have a seeding meeting the last Monday before the last Saturday in January.  Coaches bring their weigh-in sheets, record books and other paperwork. and lay out who has the best records, head-to-head matchups and other criteria in an attempt to get the best two wrestlers in the highest seeds on opposite sides of the brackets and so on.  There is a seeding meeting director who helps form consensus and guides the weight-class discussion.

Edited by busstogate

7 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

Assuming they do this for every step in the tourney? 

After sectionals, the sectional/regional/semistate places write the brackets themselves.  There is a meeting prior to the start of every level to iron out bracket changes for missed weight, injuries, and alternate wrestler placements, if possible.

9 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

Assuming they do this for every step in the tourney? 

No. Just the Sectionals.

Then in Regionals it is the top 4 from one sectional versus the top 4 from the other sectional. Regionals have 4 that move on to Semi State.

https://indianamat.com/index.php?/brackets.html/2021/2021-state-series/

Might help.

Go look at your athletes bracket from last year sectional to help get an idea. then go to the Regional to see how they placed them. You will see the #1 seed takes from A on the #4 seed of the opposite sectional. 2 takes the 3.  3 takes the 2.....

4 takes on the 1. 

13 minutes ago, busstogate said:

They have a seeding meeting the last Monday before the last Saturday in January.  Coaches bring their weigh-in sheets, record books and other paperwork. and lay out who has the best records, head-to-head matchups and other criteria in an attempt to get the best two wrestlers in the highest seeds on opposite sides of the brackets and so on.  There is a seeding meeting director who helps form consensus and guides the weight-class discussion.

Excellent.  Much more detailed version of what I said.  I forget sometimes that not everyone has had the pleasure of experiencing this.

58 minutes ago, buttler73 said:

No. Just the Sectionals.

Then in Regionals it is the top 4 from one sectional versus the top 4 from the other sectional. Regionals have 4 that move on to Semi State.

https://indianamat.com/index.php?/brackets.html/2021/2021-state-series/

Might help.

Go look at your athletes bracket from last year sectional to help get an idea. then go to the Regional to see how they placed them. You will see the #1 seed takes from A on the #4 seed of the opposite sectional. 2 takes the 3.  3 takes the 2.....

4 takes on the 1. 

Thanks.   That makes it much more clear.   So just looking at semi state brackets they are one and done right? No double elimination or wrestle backs. 

Sneak Be Quiet GIF by PRFCT Mandem
Tried to sneak in seeding meeting and got nark on by Janitor crew right when I was turning the knob of the closed locked door . I tried to tell the crew I was important #TheCountyTMZ news even flashed my badge . Next year I bug it to get all the juicy seeding . 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell checks

3 hours ago, MUSKEEWRESTLING said:

Excellent.  Much more detailed version of what I said.  I forget sometimes that not everyone has had the pleasure of experiencing this.

Just keeping it simple.  There is always one experienced salty coach or director who will repeat the opposite side of the bracket spiel to remind the other coaches what the point is if they get too heated or off-track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.