Team Rankings: IndianaMat Team Rankings-1A 12/13

decbell1

If i had a vote, after watching Cascade kill it today they'd get mine, they def belong at team state imho .. Congrats to Quinn and his team on the Invite title today.. Happy for y'all, and after going 5-0 today I hope y'all can get it.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

2 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

I would love to see the details of the match result, js…..

I’ll get on that later May get it done before I go see the Colts tear up the Patriots! Thank you EVERYONE for the kind words. The Cadets wrestled well today!

50 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

The Rock Eyebrow GIF 
Can you feel it …….
The Hundreds of Thousands if not close the millions of …. #TheCounty

Cascade ! Cascade ! Cascade ! fans chanting!  

It’s not like #TheCounty didn’t tell ya … 

They def put their comp in the dishwasher today and were fun to watch as a team because they all where cheering for one anther on their feet with every kid focused on the match at hand and unlike many teams weren't off wondering around fraternizing with everybody else or on their phones..

They are the perfect example of what a small school can do in a area that have elite teams/wrestlers , yet they don't let the big dogs presence discourage their effort or attitudes..

They are representing Hendricks county wonderfully on the 1A scene, Quinn ALWAYS has the kids in mind with every thing he does and let's the rest take care of itself... He has no kids of his own on the team or cares nothing about any monetary gain he does this out of love and passion he has for the sport, and like any great coach before him, I can tell that he has what it takes to instill values, morals, work ethic and a winning pedigree in all his wrestlers... Those facets are what manufactures a winning culture and a successful program..

I can relate because I want each and every kid in the state to do well, not just the kids I help..

Anybody in this sport for the right reasons (the kids) should want to see the sport evolve so we all have to elevate our expectations, and the quality of our opponents to a high level so when our meat grinder of a state tourney comes, all our kids are battle tested and most importantly they in turn mature and become better human, competitor's, students and leaders of tomorrow..

It is much easier to raise strong Children than it is to repair Broken Men/women...I appreciate every single person in the sport that really has nothing but the Kids best interests in mind, Wrestling is one big crazy family that stood always strive for nothing less than the best for our kids and the wrestling community all a whole.

@FCFIGHTER170 These Cascade boys have been through a lot together between the tragic loss of a teammate last year and a football coach just a week ago.

They have come together following Quinn's "Family" motto that he preaches daily. They are wrestling and supporting eachother with goals in mind! They have had increddible energy all year! They aren't done yet!

#KadeoStrong

#RIPCoachKing

#CadetsOnTheClimb 

When will the format change from an invite to an actual tournament? This is like the current College Football Playoff discussion. Better than its predecessor, but a better option is lurking. Let the matches on the mats determine the state championships. Not meaning this against the IHSWCA, but more towards the IHSAA. So much the IHSAA could do better in most sports yet they continue to not represent what their constituents want. 

6 hours ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

When will the format change from an invite to an actual tournament? This is like the current College Football Playoff discussion. Better than its predecessor, but a better option is lurking. Let the matches on the mats determine the state championships. Not meaning this against the IHSWCA, but more towards the IHSAA. So much the IHSAA could do better in most sports yet they continue to not represent what their constituents want. 

The IHSAA axed the dual version of our state tournament about 10 years ago.

13 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

The single class version. This would fit along with their other classed team sport tournaments. 

IHSAA has said they do not class any of their individual sports. And they do not feel it is necessary to host a team event for an individual sport like wrestling when a team champion can be determined through the individual tournament format.   

Edited by MattM

51 minutes ago, MattM said:

IHSAA has said they do not class any of their individual sports. And they do not feel it is necessary to host a team event for an individual sport like wrestling when a team champion can be determined through the individual tournament format.   

Well it's not an individual sport. It's a team sport that has individual competitions as well. Tennis has team and individual aspects as well as cross country and swimming to name a few. The IHSAA like the OHSAA and others are stuck in the 80s. Time for change! However those we go to do not voice our opinions. It's the good old boys & girls clubs representing those organizations and our links to them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.