2019 IN vs IL All Star Classic Duals - 25th Annual - March 17

Academy

On 2/22/2019 at 11:23 AM, bergwrestler said:

Curious to see who will represent Indiana at 106lbs. Not a single senior qualified for any of the four semi-state brackets. 

So I did a little digging. The furthest advancing senior was eliminated at regionals, and there were three of them. Sean Johnson of Elkhart Central was eliminated by Aiden Sprague of East Noble, LaDonis Williams FW Northside was eliminated by Colten Weimer of Garrett, and Aye Oo of FW Southside was eliminated by Elliot Cornewell of FW Bishop Dwenger. Oo was runner up in the New Haven Sectional, while Williams of FWNS was 3rd. Oo beat him 13-4. Johnson was the 3rd place finisher at the Elkhart Memorial Sectional. How far back will they go to fill the lineup? Oo was 26-7, Williams was 26-9, and Johnson was 31-12.

Edited by LionsFan

55 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

So I did a little digging. The furthest advancing senior was eliminated at regionals, and there were three of them. Sean Johnson of Elkhart Central was eliminated by Aiden Sprague of East Noble, LaDonis Williams FW Northside was eliminated by Colten Weimer of Garrett, and Aye Oo of FW Southside was eliminated by Elliot Cornewell of FW Bishop Dwenger. Oo was runner up in the New Haven Sectional, while Williams of FWNS was 3rd. Oo beat him 13-4. Johnson was the 3rd place finisher at the Elkhart Memorial Sectional. How far back will they go to fill the lineup? Oo was 26-7, Williams was 26-9, and Johnson was 31-12.

I don't remember the weight allowance for this tourney, but I would be a little surprised if any of the 3 could still make weight. Will be interesting to see for sure.

10 minutes ago, Wrestling119 said:

I don't remember the weight allowance for this tourney, but I would be a little surprised if any of the 3 could still make weight. Will be interesting to see for sure.

It's been a few years back, but I remember the weigh-ins being very vague...

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:39 PM, LionsFan said:

I appreciate the information! How long did it take for ya to break that down?

18 hours ago, bergwrestler said:

I appreciate the information! How long did it take for ya to break that down?

Actually it wasn't too bad. I started at semi state and saw there were zero seniors so I started looking at regionals. Once I found the three seniors, I looked back at their sectional to get more info. Maybe an hour total. Hopefully at least one of the three will be able to compete.

Any updates on final teams? 

Whos coming from Illinois? 

Anybody going just to watch? 

I get that this whole deal is an honor to be a part of. Just doesn’t seem to have much hype. 

Is it going to be broadcasted? 

Edited by Mattyb

Live Stream will be at:

https://livestream.com/accounts/17075222/events/8588474

Event location:                               

Culver Academies High School

1300 Academy Road

Culver, IN  46511

Saturday, March 16                       

Location – Culver Academies Wrestling Room             

1:00 pm    Team Indiana workout in Culver Academies wrestling room                                                

3:00 pm    Weigh-in Indiana team

3:00 pm    Team Illinois workout in Culver Academies wrestling room

5:00 pm    Weigh-in Illinois team

Sunday, March 17                         

Location – Fleet Gymnasium at Culver Academies

10:00 am    Brunch for the athletes in Dining Hall

12:00 pm    Pictures and warm-up                

1:00 pm     Introductions (t-shirt exchange), National Anthem and wrestle

Guidelines

- Wrestlers will wear their high school uniform (warm-up, singlet, headgear, and shoes).

- The Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association will provide each wrestler with a t-shirt to exchange and one to keep for themselves.  Also bring a tee shirt from your school to give to your opponent!

If you have any questions call Matt Behling Cell 574-930-0676 or email matthew.behling@culver.org.  Hotels are listed below:

Culver Cove Lakeside Condominiums$162

319 E Jefferson St, Culver, IN 46511•(574) 842-2683

The Culver Cove is very close to the High School and is located on the lake.  These are not hotel rooms, but condominiums.  

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plymouth$95

2-star hotel

2619 N Michigan St, Plymouth, IN 46563•(574) 936-2444

Swan Lake Resort and Conference Center$84

3-star hotel

5203 Plymouth Laporte Trail, Plymouth, IN 46563•(574) 935-5680

Super 8 by Wyndham Plymouth

2-star hotel

2160 N Oak Dr, Plymouth, IN 46563•(574) 914-4851

4 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Any updates on final teams? 

Whos coming from Illinois? 

Anybody going just to watch? 

I get that this whole deal is an honor to be a part of. Just doesn’t seem to have much hype. 

Is it going to be broadcasted? 

It appears you found the Illinois MatMen site!! LOL. You shoulda posted how your kid was gonna run roughshod over the 184lber to get those FIP's fired up to respond! Maybe start #TheState hastag over there..they'll love that!

Like you said it's just a nice honor and a fantastic way to put a bow on the high school career. Enjoy it.

RSVP....Cannot Attend...St Pat's day..check the twitter bio! Or else I would go watch....

Edited by UncleJimmy

13 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

It appears you found the Illinois MatMen site!! LOL. You shoulda posted how your kid was gonna run roughshod over the 184lber to get those FIP's fired up to respond! Maybe start #TheState hastag over there..they'll love that!

Like you said it's just a nice honor and a fantastic way to put a bow on the high school career. Enjoy it.

RSVP....Cannot Attend...St Pat's day..check the twitter bio! Or else I would go watch....

Been on there before. Had to post because @TeamGarcia was denied membership!!! 

Hope that you can tune in Jimmy!

DENIED ! 

•TeamGarcia 

•Notorious 

•3xStateChamp 

Illinois doesn’t want any shenanigans across their boarders via the Email I got and it went directly into my new EZtroll2019 email shredder . Joe has enough to deal with on Indianamat.

Your...... Friendly Indianamat poster didn’t want to cause mass Chaos anyways. Probably for the best I stay in State . 

The Notorious   

Edited by TeamGarcia

45 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

DENIED ! 

•TeamGarcia 

•Notorious 

•3xStateChamp 

Illinois doesn’t want any shenanigans across their boarders via the Email I got and it went directly into my new EZtroll2019 email shredder . Joe has enough to deal with on Indianamat.

Your...... Friendly Indianamat poster didn’t want to cause mass Chaos anyways. Probably for the best I stay in State . 

The Notorious   

Your 12 emails have been sent to website administrators across the globe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.