Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mattyb

3a seeding for team state

Recommended Posts

Who you got? 

Heres my thoughts looking at line ups. 

1 Cathedral 

2 Warren

3 EMD

4 Brownsburg

5 Perry

6 Avon

7 Columbus

8 Roncolli 

Draw in: Northridge, Portage, Chesterton, and Carmel. 

Perry and EMD could flip (depending on what happens at the dual)

May be wrong. If so..... let’s see some head to head predictions. Should be fun!!!

Edited by Mattyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Who you got? 

Heres my thoughts looking at line ups. 

1 Cathedral 

2 Warren

3 EMD

4 Brownsburg

5 Perry

6 Avon

7 Columbus

8 Roncolli 

Draw in: Northridge, Portage, Chesterton, and Carmel. 

Perry and EMD could flip (depending on what happens at the dual)

May be wrong. If so..... let’s see some head to head predictions. Should be fun!!!

I think the top 4 are correct. Probably flip flop EMD and warren. A team like Carmel is interesting because we haven’t seen them at full strength yet. 

I agree with TG portage should be a top 8. 

I think 6 is high for Avon based on results. Unless there is something I am missing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

I think the top 4 are correct. Probably flip flop EMD and warren. A team like Carmel is interesting because we haven’t seen them at full strength yet. 

I agree with TG portage should be a top 8. 

I think 6 is high for Avon based on results. Unless there is something I am missing. 

 

Avon got the 195 back this week and getting the HWT and 106 spots should be filled this week. Starting every meet down 12-0 has hurt the Orioles. That should help. I'm going off head to head match ups. Line up vs line up. 

Portage will be top 8 too. May have to revise!!

With that said, lets said lets see dem head to head predictions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tangarrray said:

Chesterton not participating. 

MattyB you lied to us!! 

 

I agree starting 12-0 in any dual is difficult. I said In the past if you are a 3a team and you can not bring a full line up you shouldn’t be allowed in. 

I am pulling for pools match ups. 

Yoh know I would love to see Avon-roncalli in the same pool. 

Portage-carmel 

teacher vs the student 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.) EMD

2.) Cathedral

3.) Warren Central

4.) Brownsburg 

5.) Avon (if they have bodies in lineup)

6.) Carmel 

7.) Perry Meridian 

8.) Roncalli

———————————

9.) Columbus East

10.) Portage

11.) Northridge

12.) Penn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bluemonster said:

1.) EMD

2.) Cathedral

3.) Warren Central

4.) Brownsburg 

5.) Avon (if they have bodies in lineup)

6.) Carmel 

7.) Perry Meridian 

8.) Roncalli

———————————

9.) Columbus East

10.) Portage

11.) Northridge

12.) Penn

Howie is sand bagging! V and Ms dad is going to get him!!!!

Good to see Carmel make the field for sure!!

Edited by Mattyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Coach P, This is a very tough seed.  I would not sleep on Carmel people.  They are strong top to bottom and have some dogs(get it, hounds) up top.  This is a tournament that favors two very talented teams in EMD and Cathedral with about 8 other teams that can knock the crap out of each other on any given day. Good luck to all.  Its pretty cool that Indiana wrestling can bring this level of talent dual wise top to bottom on these teams. Great job coaches in building very solid programs.

 

Coach Tonte

Edited by JimmyT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluemonster said:

1.) EMD

2.) Cathedral

3.) Warren Central

4.) Brownsburg 

5.) Avon (if they have bodies in lineup)

6.) Carmel 

7.) Perry Meridian 

8.) Roncalli

———————————

9.) Columbus East

10.) Portage

11.) Northridge

12.) Penn

 

55 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Howie is sand bagging! V and Ms dad is going to get him!!!!

Good to see Carmel make the field for sure!!

@Mattyb  As much as I would like to argure with Coach Cottey's "First Shift" logic it is difficult too. As long as we are seeded ahead of the Rebel's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Avon got the 195 back this week and getting the HWT and 106 spots should be filled this week. Starting every meet down 12-0 has hurt the Orioles. That should help. I'm going off head to head match ups. Line up vs line up. 

As Coach Bill Parcells says, “You’re only as good as your record.” 

If the entire season’s body of work is not used exclusively in the seeding discussion, it would be a huge disappointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on actual results and watching many of the teams participating:

1. Cathedral (beat Portage 46-18, beat Avon 43-21)

2. Warren Central (beat Avon 41-17, lost to Cathedral 28-31)

3. EMD (beat Avon 43-24)

4. Brownsburg (beat Avon 36-17)

5. Roncalli (beat Carmel 29-27)

6. Carmel (lost to Roncalli 27-29) 

7. Perry Meridian (beat Columbus East 42-20)

8. Avon (lost to EMD 24-43, lost to Brownsburg 17-36, lost to Warren Central 17-41, lost to Cathedral 21-43)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Based on actual results and watching many of the teams participating:

1. Cathedral (beat Portage 46-18, beat Avon 43-21)

2. Warren Central (beat Avon 41-17, lost to Cathedral 28-31)

3. EMD (beat Avon 43-24)

4. Brownsburg (beat Avon 36-17)

5. Roncalli (beat Carmel 29-27)

6. Carmel (lost to Roncalli 27-29) 

7. Perry Meridian (beat Columbus East 42-20)

8. Avon (lost to EMD 24-43, lost to Brownsburg 17-36, lost to Warren Central 17-41, lost to Cathedral 21-43)

In my opinion I just don’t think Carmel or roncolli beat Perry or Avon. Like I said let’s see dem match ups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Based on actual results and watching many of the teams participating:

1. Cathedral (beat Portage 46-18, beat Avon 43-21)

2. Warren Central (beat Avon 41-17, lost to Cathedral 28-31)

3. EMD (beat Avon 43-24)

4. Brownsburg (beat Avon 36-17)

5. Roncalli (beat Carmel 29-27)

6. Carmel (lost to Roncalli 27-29) 

7. Perry Meridian (beat Columbus East 42-20)

8. Avon (lost to EMD 24-43, lost to Brownsburg 17-36, lost to Warren Central 17-41, lost to Cathedral 21-43)

Avon wrestles a weak dual schedule, actually it’s down right weakest schedule in the State . Anybody seen any competition for them to wrestle ?

Anybody ...... out there.

Hello.... 

 

The Notorious 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

In my opinion I just don’t think Carmel or roncolli beat Perry or Avon. Like I said let’s see dem match ups. 

This was the Marion County roster from Saturday for the Roncalli Rebels.  I could make guesses about changes but just going with the facts that I know.

106 - Kody Glithero (Freshman, 15-4), State ranked #12 and #6 in Semi-State (4th place at Marion County)

vs  ???  // Roncalli favored

113 - Zach Wilson (Freshman, 7-5), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Blaze Garcia // Toss-up

120 - Brayden Lowery (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #4 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 3rd and 5th at State Finals)

vs Tyler Conley // Roncalli favored

126 - Sam Slivka (Junior, 10-2), ranked #8 in Semi-State (2nd place at Marion County)

vs Ray Rioux // Avon favored

132 - Alex Viduya (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #2 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, State Champ and 4th place)

vs Asa Garcia // Toss-up

138 - Tyce Freije (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #6 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 8th place at State Finals)

vs Jaden Reynolds // Roncalli favored

145 - David Page (Junior, 8-6), Unranked (4th place at Marion County)

vs Roy Reynolds // Avon favored

152 - Trent Smith (Senior, 9-5), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Nathan Conley // Avon favored

160 - Lorenzo Salazar (Senior, 12-2), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Camden Chatterton // Roncalli favored

170 - Elijah Mahan (Senior, 12-1), State ranked #6 and #4 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 5th place at State Finals)

vs Bryce Kern // Roncalli favored

182 - Sam Peeples (Freshman, 2-3), Unranked (6th place at Marion County)

vs Carson Brewer // Avon favored

195 - Jeorge Wade (Junior, 1-3), Unranked (DNP at Marion County)

vs Joshua Jones // Avon favored

220 - Spencer Fears (Senior, 10-4), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Jayden Williams // Avon favored

285 - John Harris (Senior, 11-1), State ranked #12 and #2 in Semi-State (2nd place at Marion County)

vs ??? // Roncalli favored

6-6 with 2 toss-ups.....it would be a fun dual to watch, especially given if the State Champs were to face off again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

This was the Marion County roster from Saturday for the Roncalli Rebels.  I could make guesses about changes but just going with the facts that I know.

106 - Kody Glithero (Freshman, 15-4), State ranked #12 and #6 in Semi-State (4th place at Marion County)

vs  ???  // Roncalli favored

113 - Zach Wilson (Freshman, 7-5), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Blaze Garcia // Toss-up

120 - Brayden Lowery (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #4 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 3rd and 5th at State Finals)

vs Tyler Conley // Roncalli favored

126 - Sam Slivka (Junior, 10-2), ranked #8 in Semi-State (2nd place at Marion County)

vs Ray Rioux // Avon favored

132 - Alex Viduya (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #2 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, State Champ and 4th place)

vs Asa Garcia // Toss-up

138 - Tyce Freije (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #6 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 8th place at State Finals)

vs Jaden Reynolds // Roncalli favored

145 - David Page (Junior, 8-6), Unranked (4th place at Marion County)

vs Roy Reynolds // Avon favored

152 - Trent Smith (Senior, 9-5), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Nathan Conley // Avon favored

160 - Lorenzo Salazar (Senior, 12-2), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Camden Chatterton // Roncalli favored

170 - Elijah Mahan (Senior, 12-1), State ranked #6 and #4 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 5th place at State Finals)

vs Bryce Kern // Roncalli favored

182 - Sam Peeples (Freshman, 2-3), Unranked (6th place at Marion County)

vs Carson Brewer // Avon favored

195 - Jeorge Wade (Junior, 1-3), Unranked (DNP at Marion County)

vs Joshua Jones // Avon favored

220 - Spencer Fears (Senior, 10-4), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Jayden Williams // Avon favored

285 - John Harris (Senior, 11-1), State ranked #12 and #2 in Semi-State (2nd place at Marion County)

vs ??? // Roncalli favored

6-6 with 2 toss-ups.....it would be a fun dual to watch, especially given if the State Champs were to face off again.  

Kern and Chatterton are solid and they both can go 160. I really like Salazar. Thinking this maybe a toss up too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Avon wrestles a weak dual schedule, actually it’s down right weakest schedule in the State . Anybody seen any competition for them to wrestle ?

Anybody ...... out there.

Hello.... 

 

The Notorious 

 

 

Man that tournament Avon was in this past weekend had to be one of the hardest in nation! #t h e c o u n t y

Edited by Two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mattyb said:

Kern and Chatterton are solid and they both can go 160. I really like Salazar. Thinking this maybe a toss up too. 

Possibly although Salazar had been wrestling extremely well until Saturday when it appeared he was just a little off his game.  I don't know anything about your 195 but Wade is just getting his feet wet at the varsity level so I gave Avon the advantage.  I will admit I had the Rebels as a 5-7 point favorite until I put the matches down on paper.  If the lineups / weights remain the same it would be a dogfight but I expect there would be some changes if they were to meet in Fort Wayne.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

This was the Marion County roster from Saturday for the Roncalli Rebels.  I could make guesses about changes but just going with the facts that I know.

106 - Kody Glithero (Freshman, 15-4), State ranked #12 and #6 in Semi-State (4th place at Marion County)

vs  Alex Cottey  //   PM Tech or Pin   5-0

113 - Zach Wilson (Freshman, 7-5), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Andrew Haggerty  //    PM Dec   8-0

120 - Brayden Lowery (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #4 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 3rd and 5th at State Finals)

vs  Manny  // Roncalli  Tech or Pin  8-5

126 - Sam Slivka (Junior, 10-2), ranked #8 in Semi-State (2nd place at Marion County)

vs Cotter // Roncalli Dec   8-8

132 - Alex Viduya (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #2 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, State Champ and 4th place)

vs Ridge  //   Roncalli Pin  8-14

138 - Tyce Freije (Junior, 13-0), State ranked #6 and #1 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 8th place at State Finals)

vs Gabe Smith // Roncalli Dec 8-17

145 - David Page (Junior, 8-6), Unranked (4th place at Marion County)

vs Aiden Warren  //  PM Pin  14-17 

152 - Trent Smith (Senior, 9-5), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Sammy  //  PM Pin   20-17

160 - Lorenzo Salazar (Senior, 12-2), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Noah Baker // PM Dec  23-17

170 - Elijah Mahan (Senior, 12-1), State ranked #6 and #4 in Semi-State (1st place at Marion County, 5th place at State Finals)

vs  Brooks  // Roncalli Dec  23-20

182 - Sam Peeples (Freshman, 2-3), Unranked (6th place at Marion County)

vs Jarod Clayton // PM Fall   29-20

195 - Jeorge Wade (Junior, 1-3), Unranked (DNP at Marion County)

vs Tyler Goodall  //  PM Dec  32-20

220 - Spencer Fears (Senior, 10-4), Unranked (5th place at Marion County)

vs Austin Lane  //  PM Dec  35-20

285 - John Harris (Senior, 11-1), State ranked #12 and #2 in Semi-State (2nd place at Marion County)

vs Sam Jones // Roncalli Pin  35-26

According to County results that either were wrestled matches or educated guesses based on results. The score would be PM35-R26  I edited your Avon post with PM guys.

I think if we wrestled Roncalli in a dual PM wins 41-20 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37-18 Avon just like last year.

 

Don’t really see any big changes but adding Freije to the lineup. Never know you might see a bump down or up Avon lineup. Coaches call. 

6 minutes ago, Two said:

Man that tournament Avon was in this past weekend had to be one of the hardest in nation! #t h e c o u n t y

What happened there ? 

Ohh..  yea ... looked like our TheCounty  Championships in the Finals we use to have . Avon on one side, Brownsburg on the other . Probably why the others dropped out right. Kinda disappointing, but they had to wrestle someone this week . Why not Illinois to beat up on right .... lol . 

 

The Notorious 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, V and M's Dad said:

According to County results that either were wrestled matches or educated guesses based on results. The score would be PM35-R26  I edited your Avon post with PM guys.

I think if we wrestled Roncalli in a dual PM wins 41-20 

 

I don't see 41-20, what changes in your mind?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.