Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ontherise219

East Chicago semi state picks?

If only everyone was so welcoming. The Region crowd is normally pretty rude to us Logansport folk

That's Bc you guys typically leave so early, stick around a few more hours this week, we'll grow on you

All I can say It is nice to be able to stretch out a little and not feel clostaphobic.

Hey rat, get over it, the Semi State is not at Merryville anymore.  No need to keep taking shots at it.  If I recall, you Highland guys always had decent seats.

jUST looked at da weather on saturday - high of 58 degrees - sure don't feel like wraslin season - need a variety of a NE,Nor NW wind get da true ambiance of da region. 

jUST looked at da weather on saturday - high of 58 degrees - sure don't feel like wraslin season - need a variety of a NE,Nor NW wind get da true ambiance of da region. 

The potholes on the toll road should be YUUUUGE!!! Good thing those 1980's model olds cutlass/buick regals have awesome suspensions and drive like a cloud.

The potholes on the toll road should be YUUUUGE!!! Good thing those 1980's model olds cutlass/buick regals have awesome suspensions and drive like a cloud.

Hey now, you're bringing back some memories. My first car was a Cutty. White with beautiful burgundy interior. 

Hey now, you're bringing back some memories. My first car was a Cutty. White with beautiful burgundy interior. 

I had the dark blue metallic with the silver landau top! Bird nest in the rusted out bumper but the AC/DC bumper sticker covered that sucker right up..after I shoo'd the birds out, of course.

Are we able to use profanity on the boards now since Hungus broke the curse words out on the show? Askin' for a friend....

Somehow I was on the topic of my freshman year of high school the other day and I came across the attendance figures for each semi state at the time....2002-2003 

Merrillville Semi State   Attendance 5,948!!!

Evansville Reitz  3,495

New Haven 2,785

New Castle 2,546

No wonder the atmosphere was that crazy in that gym...I wonder how the numbers have shifted and what they will be this year

I'm an amateur crowd estimator (much like our President), but it didn't seem like the EC Semi-State was anywhere near that figure last year. If I had to venture a guess I'd say the number was between 3000-3500.  There was plenty of space to sit and actually if I recall correctly, one side of the upper level bleachers were not pulled out. I'm not sure of total capacity of the gym, but even with one section closed, there was plenty of seating available, so perhaps even my estimate of 3000-3500 is high, though alternative facts have been reported at a total attendance of 1 million. 

Think you mean cocky! Ignorant would mean the information is not true. Wouldn't it?

Key board warrior's! Lol. I have seen you rats for ten years and not one of you have ever said a word to me. Type away

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.