Avon and Brownsburg head-to-head

backtothemat

Don't know the lineup but I have been told that there are 3 basketball games scheduled the same day so the dual will take place in the wrestling room. Please bring your lawn chairs. We will have a bull horn to announce BOTH teams. We had to cancel the smoke machine, DJ, light show, and the intermission rap battle! #wars2015 LET IT BEGIN!!!! #keepitsimple

Edited by Mattyb

Matt,

Avon can do whatever it wants for the dual. I promise you we won't call and complain. It's your home dual this year. We have a major disagreement is all. I guess having a normal meet has wrestling booming with the fan base in Avon. Last time I checked wrestling overall was getting killed by all the "major" sports. I added a DJ and spotlights etc in Mishawaka and Penn Dual. We went from 1000 to 3000 fans at a high school dual meet. What's the most fans you have had at a home dual at Avon? I was told by all my administrators that last year was the largest crowd we have had for a home dual since they can remember. It was significantly larger than any we have had since I was here.

I am glad Avon is selling out their wrestling meets and considered the #1 sport over football, basketball, and baseball. I imagine most schools are like us and need to try to grow the sport and put fans in the seats. Think outside the box and stop killing our sport. It's the old adage "this is the way we have ALWAYS done it". True and are we happy with where we are as a sport? I'm not. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT and grow the freaking sport. If you hate the DJ thing come up with something on your own. Do something, though, to increase the number of our fans. Brownsburg has gotten more people to follow wrestling and come to our meets.

#PainTrain

Snyder

Edited by Darrick Snyder

No line up or Predictions here, all I know is *as stated before in other posts* Avon young team with some talented freshman coming in . ( 3 Middle School State Champions , along with ISWA State Champions , past National All-Americans Freshman ) <~~ none of that matters anymore. Avon team brings back 3 State Qualifiers & Placers underclassmen .

Brownsburg bring back their 2 State placers underclassmen along with their hammer in the middle of the lineup and a slew of other talented wrestlers in their lineup last year . Not sure on the Freshman coming in .

Looking forward to wrestle multiple times Brownsburg as they proved last year, they are a very good team . Showdown is December 10th at 6:30pm in Avon . #BRINGIT

#killabirdz #teamgarcia #neweraishere #Avonyounggunz

Wiesjahn Will put his BCW World Heavyweight on the line against all comers

Can the "Wheel of Death" determine the type of match we would have?  That could add a little spice to the event.... 

Does Bburg Asst Coach Seymour have the go ahead with the petting zoo for the intermission ?  probably can have it in that nice field house Avon has ?  Can't wait for the baby pigs........I just love those little guys !!!!

Three thousand fans at a home dual meet?

You must not have been to a Penn/Mishawaka match back when they were both state powerhouses it was an insane atmosphere. Bleachers packed upper track packed people standing on the sides of the mats it was a fun time. Here is a video from my time during it

http://youtu.be/WmIKmZcKx9Q

No such thing as a mini pony, they are miniature HORSES. If you call them a mini pony around the wrong person they will double leg you.

No such thing as a mini pony? But I am sure he would ride a my little pony over a mini pony or miniature horses

Edited by DLane

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.