Avon and Brownsburg head-to-head

backtothemat

Yes 3000. The new gym at Mishawaka is where Mishawka and Penn Meet was when I first started coaching there. It can only hold 1500 plus people standing on the track. My last several years at Mishawaka basketball got kicked out of the old gym so we could set up for a wrestling meet. No way we could squeeze everyone in the new gym. Old gym holds around 3500 and it was packed.

Snyder

Yes 3000. The new gym at Mishawaka is where Mishawka and Penn Meet was when I first started coaching there. It can only hold 1500 plus people standing on the track. My last several years at Mishawaka basketball got kicked out of the old gym so we could set up for a wrestling meet. No way we could squeeze everyone in the new gym. Old gym holds around 3500 and it was packed.

Snyder

I remember pulling into Mishawaka for the Penn-Mishawaka meet a few years back , I thought a football game was getting ready to be played . The Atmosphere in the Cave was electric (actually got goosebumps). I always liked meets in the old gym better , you were right on top of the action . I believe this was Darrick's last year at Mishawaka , and yes easily 3500 people . I believe he will turn Brownsburg vs Avon into the same kind of atmosphere . 

Edited by M109R

You must not have been to a Penn/Mishawaka match back when they were both state powerhouses it was an insane atmosphere. Bleachers packed upper track packed people standing on the sides of the mats it was a fun time. Here is a video from my time during it

http://youtu.be/WmIKmZcKx9Q

I was up right after this match against the Kingsmen back in 2006-07! The intense atmosphere during this rivalry was electric back then! Everything that was put into that rivalry with the spotlights, DJs, and more importantly the fans made it exciting for those competing and spectating! I expect Avon and Brownsburg to be similar this season and years to come!

BBurg @ Avon (everyone that is ranked)

106: Mills - B Garcia - A

113: Weaver - B

120: Miranda - A

126: Skaggs - A

132:

138: Lee - B Conley - A

145: Brewer - A

152: Jacob Clark - A

160:

170: Damler - B

182: Walton - B

195: McCormick - B

220: Larson - A

285: Henson - A

And non ranked wrestlers-

BBurg returners w/ weights from 2014: 120 Mulkey, 126 Allen, 132 Owen, 220 Peterson, 285 Big Ricky ***Not sure of incoming Freshman

Avon returners w/ weights from 2014: 195 Osho *** Incoming Freshsman - Camden Chatterton, Tyler Miner, Jared Clark, Caden Hubner, Trea Reynolds (off top of my head)

Edited by DLane

Last year Avon won the Dual Meet. Then Brownsburg won the County Tournament. Then Brownsburg won the HCC. Then Avon won Sectionals, Regionals and SS. Avon won 4 medals at State and Brownsburg won 2. It was a Great year in Hendricks County. FYI Hendricks County also had 2 medals won by Danville and 1 by Plainfield. Looking forward to 2015 - 2016 season. 

BBurg @ Avon (everyone that is ranked)

106: Mills - B Garcia - A

113: Weaver - B

120: Miranda - A

126: Skaggs - A

132:

138: Lee - B Conley - A

145: Brewer - A

152: Jacob Clark - A

160:

170: Damler - B

182: Walton - B

195: McCormick - B

220: Larson - A

285: Henson - A

And non ranked wrestlers-

BBurg returners w/ weights from 2014: 120 Mulkey, 126 Allen, 132 Owen, 220 Peterson, 285 Big Ricky ***Not sure of incoming Freshman

Avon returners w/ weights from 2014: 195 Osho *** Incoming Freshsman - Camden Chatterton, Tyler Miner, Jared Clark, Caden Hubner, Trea Reynolds (off top of my head)

Only know of 2 incoming Freshman for Brownsburg . Evan Lawhead & Drew Kreitzer.

They look to have a good year . Both can wrestle with the best of them .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.